Corona virus threat to live football

TFW

• 3 weeks later...

Folks, take care.

That's two men (mid 50s) i spoke to last three weeks ago been taken into hospital (ICU) with this virus.. Both live 10 miles apart in Greater Glasgow with no underlying health problems. And yes they had been working at home.

Worrying thing was the wives are in the Care sector ie they both were visiting multiple houses every day.

• 1 month later...
On 07/05/2020 at 11:47, traffordab said:

So new year before juniors / west /east / north non league teams get back playing football. Think most of us will have forgot what our grounds and fellow fans look like by the time we get back!  

You are one cheerie guy and such a catch to come on as a new poster.  🤮

Not sure if you have one post which looks on positives. Maybe you haven’t stayed at any club for long, but I certainly will not forget what my ground of follow friends/supporters look like, no matter how long it takes till football returns.

If as it looks you have no real interest in football at this level, toddle off!

On 07/05/2020 at 11:47, traffordab said:

So new year before juniors / west /east / north non league teams get back playing football. Think most of us will have forgot what our grounds and fellow fans look like by the time we get back!  

Have I missed something? Genuine question - Has there been an announcement in relation to this? 

Edited by Junior_Arab

Obvious announcement 'until deaths go right down to almost zero and a vaccine is found, the worrying way viruses passed by people who have done the right things'  then there is NO football. We all miss the  game but we don't want to start the spread all over again. My last game was Neilston v Pollock where the old fellow died, that was bad enough.

So...why did you post it as "shocking news" if you already knew it was false ?

You already knew it was a mis-judged, poor taste, piss take while people are losing loved ones during a global pandemic. But you posted it anyway.

I have no further comment on them or you.

Black pennel. Just to confirm. This is not false. The image clearly shows darvel showing no respect for social distancing rules. They are pictured drinking beer in Edinburgh after cycling together. This image is current as it contains new signings within the photograph. It’s a disgrace. What makes it worse is mick Kennedy has commented on it saying “looking good guys” this is while the rest of our teams stick to the rules and try and protect our nhs and vulnerable people. Sickening 

Their social media is a joy to behold, it’s well worth a read, all the latest news and views from various members of the club.
Including the gaffer as well who reiterates his enthusiasm at having a wonderful set of players and behind the scenes volunteers to help him achieve the Darvel dream.