Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

4 minutes ago, big al said:

How on earth is 2 leagues of 16 a better way forward? 
what an absolutely shit product that would be, although only 2 sevco/Celtic games would reduce domestic violence etc to be fair.

Because it limits the fixtures to 30 shaving a minimum of a month off of a season we don't know when it will start or end, that will also need to accommodate three cup competitions, international breaks and European fixtures.  

6 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I surely can't be the only one starting to hope Dundee's volcano insurance turns out to be totally and hilariously worthless.

I hope the insurance company goes belly up and only pays Dundee 6p in the pound.

How on earth is 2 leagues of 16 a better way forward? 
what an absolutely shit product that would be, although only 2 sevco/Celtic games would reduce domestic violence etc to be fair.

Reduced domestic violence would in no way compensate for the inevitable reduction in TV money for our clubs though surely.

I surely can't be the only one starting to hope Dundee's volcano insurance turns out to be totally and hilariously worthless.
Absolutely no surprise you would hope that.

Unlucky.

7 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

That's not nice. I thought everyone here was wanting clubs to survive? 

1 minute ago, John Lambies Doos said:
25 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:
That's either true and you're an idiot or it's a lie and you're pretending to be an idiot. Either way, kudos.

Why is he an idiot? An absolute rushed proposal which if passed would prevent a much needed restructuring of the Scottish Leagues. You're attitude smacks of 'im alright Jack'

Voting No just means the club’s will have to get back around the table to find a better option that a larger percentage of clubs agree to. 

49 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

A quick browse of Twitter shows an alarming amount of people who think this season can still finish without fucking next season too.

You also have a swathe of people claiming you cant promote or relegate using the current tables, as the season isnt finished. They then proceed to demand reconstruction, where teams are promoted based on their current positions...

They also have no concept how a League is structured, how many games, how many available dates, play off rules, non league impact, general league rules etc etc.

33 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Top 16, Championship 16 and league one 16. No relegation, promote all in play-off positions including Highland/Lowland league. Relegate 4 and promote 2 the following two seasons. 

Next season cant over-run because of the Euros, The following year a world cup to accommodate. We don't know when next season will start. One of the projections from this week was October. 

So we either reconstruct now or end up gubbing 3 seasons for not doing it. 

What criteria are you using to find the six new clubs? HL/LL gives you two.

28 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

That's either true and you're an idiot or it's a lie and you're pretending to be an idiot. Either way, kudos.

Why does that make me an idiot?

Do you think it's fair that clubs are relegated or promoted on the back of a 2 day turnaround vote?

I don't think that we will get a chance at play offs and whatever the outcome we will still be in the Championship next season, whenever that is. We can't have a 16 team top league.

Nelms has already stated that there's a collective £3.5 - £4m that would be missed going down this knee jerk route, that's a massive ammount of money that can't just be shrugged off.

Then you have to ask yourself about ICT's motivation in voting no. With highly publicised financial difficulties already this season and a chance of discussions that would see them have the chance of promotion, it can't he as black and white as some would have you believe. Are they selfish idiots too?

It screams pressure and bullying from the SPFL, because lets face it, nothing is stopping them having a vote on the immediate release of some of the prize money, with FIFA also stating they have a pot to help clubs out.

Dundee don't have much to gain from this really but if you can take off your Tangerine tinted glasses for just a second, you can see that it is about fairness for Scottish football as a whole, no team 'deserves' relegation or promotion as it stands. Plus questions must be asked about the missing millions.