Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

1 minute ago, Yenitit said:

Just Dundee?

If it’s down to a £4m shortfall in revenue to member clubs as Dundee state then I would think the SPFL would get there paws into the coffers and sort it out.

This was always going to turn into fucking bun fight and it certainly has.

Dundee have given the SPFL a get out. 

Pay the shortfall, get a yes vote from Dundee and move on to next season. Not perfect but when thousands of football supporters are / could pass away, this situation is a fucking disgrace.

I'm not convinced there's any scenario where the Premiership sides would vote through a reconstruction in order to make this pass. They don't get any direct benefit from it right now anyway, since they still have to wait to get paid even if it does pass. The main beneficiaries of all this are the lower league sides.

Dundee are within their rights not to vote, or to vote whenever they want. I don't understand why them not voting yet is a mark of some sort of corruption, other than unsourced stories floating about Twitter that their vote had been lost.

Just now, SueSue said:

If it’s down to a £4m shortfall in revenue to member clubs as Dundee state then I would think the SPFL would get there paws into the coffers and sort it out.

Pay the shortfall, get a yes vote from Dundee and move on to next season. Not perfect but when thousands of football supporters are / could pass away, this situation is a fucking disgrace.

That wasn’t my question. 

Postpone the season and go again. 

What "coffers"? The SPFL pay out almost all of their income in prize money, that's how the organisation operates.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

I'm not convinced there's any scenario where the Premiership sides would vote through a reconstruction in order to make this pass. They don't get any direct benefit from it right now anyway, since they still have to wait to get paid even if it does pass. The main beneficiaries of all this are the lower league sides.

Dundee are within their rights not to vote, or to vote whenever they want. I don't understand why them not voting yet is a mark of some sort of corruption, other than unsourced stories floating about Twitter that their vote had been lost.

The corruption has to be the leaking of the vote. That’s bang out of order. 

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

We are quite some team, so far we are....

• Taking Celtic money to screw Rangers over
  • Taking Rangers money to screw Celtic over
  • Desperate for a bribe from anyone
  • Doing this to screw Utd over
  • Waiting on Doncaster giving us money for the playoffs being scrapped
  • Waiting on Hearts offering something

Hollywood eat your heart out.

20 minutes ago, SueSue said:

Did I not read in the Dundee statement that there would be a £3.5m to £4m shortfall in revenue to member clubs under this proposal ?

We all read it. Nobody knows where they plucked this mysterious figure from though or why. Dundee's statement was an absolute dog's dinner of meaningless words thrown together.

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

We all read it. Nobody knows where they plucked this mysterious figure from though or why. Dundee's statement was an absolute dog's dinner of meaningless words thrown together.

And that confusion, whether deliberate or otherwise, seems to have been continued into their 'vote'.