Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

5 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Not sure what’s worse - @rb123!’s sudden intense hatred towards Dundee or @Speroni*1’s sudden obsession with Lachlan Cameron’s twitter feed.

A thrilling read either way.

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Lachlan Cameron is a big daft Trump loving loser to be fair.

^ This.

In fairness I suspect it’s more of a hatred of Ian McCall than Partick Thistle as a football club. 

I can’t even say I hate the guy. I find it hard to actually hate him given the memories I’ll have watching Ayr whilst he was manager.

I just thing it’s beautifully poetic that he ditched us for his beloved Partick and ends up getting relegated with them.

Despite what Ludo will claim over on other threads, Cameron hasn’t really done or said anything wrong in relation to this vote. He’s right in saying the authorities are doing the wrong thing with the options they’ve presented but he’s also doing the right thing for his own club which is the top priority for him.

Just now, eez-eh said:

I mean, it doesn’t make your hanging off his every word and posting pages worth of tweets on here any better.

He's a primary source to all of this. Of course his musings will be relevant. Not sure why my highlighting of that is upsetting you tbh.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

He’s right in saying the authorities are doing the wrong thing with the options they’ve presented but he’s also doing the right thing for his own club which is the top priority for him.

Why can't other Ayr fans see this, then? 

2 hours ago, Yenitit said:

You’ve been begging for weeks to get promoted. Get a grip of yourself. 

Fucking shocking how bitter the dabs are to have voted against us getting a shot at the playoffs. Bitter as f**k. 

Is that compared to how bitter the dees  were to first of all promote null and void for the last couple of weeks to then change to your tack to you can get your title but not get promoted shite.  How bitter indeed. Take a look in your mirror laddie.

Edited by kdyteejay

Inspired by Ludo/Speroni I decided to look through Cameron’s tweets to see what all the fuss was about. Get the impression he feels like his and other chairmen’s hands have been forced to vote yes. The more it goes on the more he seems to hint that the SPFL are presenting this as a “take it or leave it” option and have scarcely bothered their arse contemplating other possibilities.

All of which I’m sure would come as a surprise to absolutely no one if true.

Lachlan Cameron did a podcast show tonight and says that he was told if you didn't vote by 5pm tonight you would be put down as a 'no' vote so who knows where this 28 days thing has come from

Someone on here claimed yesterday that clubs had 28 days and it was the first I’d ever heard of it so there’s maybe something to it. I’d imagine he was only told that to get his vote quickly though.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Someone on here claimed yesterday that clubs had 28 days and it was the first I’d ever heard of it so there’s maybe something to it. I’d imagine he was only told that to get his vote quickly though.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52249263

It's in the rules.

46 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:

I reckon the promise of a 14 team top flight could "bribe" Inverness in voting for this.

It's too late, theyve already voted.

They cant even change the proposal to "bribe" Dundee, seeing as theyve already made other teams vote for it.

Then again, they made the vague statement about discussing reconstruction in the first place, so I daresay that could be agreed behind the scenes. 

In my opinion the only way the SPFL can get Dundee on board is to have guarantees the top flight would permanently move to a 16 team league, and I'd suggest that would also potentially pass a vote up there.

Temporary move to 16 would fail, as it would require 5 relegation spots next season.

A permanent league with just 2 is a different matter entirely, and one I could see teams going for as it, in theory, makes it harder to be relegated. Prize money would be a contentious matter, but the prospect of potentially moving to 44 games (30 then split in half), might just offset that if teams would be expecting at least 3 more home games and a bigger top half.

Wouldnt be at all surprised if this rumbles on for at least a few days as Dundee, and the SPFL, go around top flight sides getting their opinions on this before Dundee cast their vote.

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's too late, theyve already voted.

They cant even change the proposal to "bribe" Dundee, seeing as theyve already made other teams vote for it.

Then again, they made the vague statement about discussing reconstruction in the first place, so I daresay that could be agreed behind the scenes. 

In my opinion the only way the SPFL can get Dundee on board is to have guarantees the top flight would permanently move to a 16 team league, and I'd suggest that would also potentially pass a vote up there.

Temporary move to 16 would fail, as it would require 5 relegation spots next season.

A permanent league with just 2 is a different matter entirely, and one I could see teams going for as it, in theory, makes it harder to be relegated. Prize money would be a contentious matter, but the prospect of potentially moving to 44 games (30 then split in half), might just offset that if teams would be expecting at least 3 more home games and a bigger top half.

Wouldnt be at all surprised if this rumbles on for at least a few days as Dundee, and the SPFL, go around top flight sides getting their opinions on this before Dundee cast their vote.

Well you've changed your tune from 

Top flight clubs aren't going to vote to expand the top flight, not in a season when they've all been promised record amounts of cash.

As I said earlier I reckon it's more likely that we'll see some extra money being found for clubs currently in play-off positions.

"It's understood Nelms has come up with at least three different proposals of his own which he believes would be fairer and more cost effective than the SPFL plan"

Only one of them would freeze promotion and relegation. See, Utd being shafted would be merely incidental.

With insurance covering our arses, Dundee are firmly in the driver's seat.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/inside-spfl-crisis-talks-dundee-21849293

7 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

Oh, will thousands of people stop dying if Dundee change their vote to "yes"?

Fucking imbecile 😂

They might die a bit happier.

6 hours ago, third lanark said:

Neil Doncaster he is most responsible for the farce today, maybe try focusing some of your hate of Partick Thistle onto him

I have enough hate in my heart for both.

Was quite surprised that ICT have voted against it, however this would point to potential league reconstruction being dead before it was even discussed. So why would the SPFL have released that they would look at this after a vote, its just comically naive and frankly ridiculous.

The vitriol aimed towards Nelms and Dundee is fantastic, every club has voted in their self interests, yet theres only one baddie, brilliant.