Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

18 minutes ago, ArabFundamentalist said:

Tbf it's the most excitement Dees have enjoyed for a long time so I'm quite happy to let you lot have your little moment in the sun.

Aye they’ve got make the most of every victory.

1 minute ago, Yenitit said:

😂😂😂 dish the cashout as things stand without having any attachments to it. Then take your time to discuss what’s best for Scottish football and not try and rush through a 100 page document in 2 days that would’ve left a lot of people at Hearts, Partick etc jobless on Monday. 

Whit?

There's (to all intents) no more cash which isn't positional dependent. Are you not understanding that? Everyone in each division has had the same amount, which corresponds (almost) to the 10th place prize. They can't give anything else out whilst the League hangs in suspension because they won't have it to pay later.

They could pay out based on current positions of course but what if they gave say the 8th place prize to Alloa and then we eventually did play out the League and they slump to bottom. They need to get that money back to pay it to Partick Thistle. How do you plan to sort that out?

There's no more money to pay out unless positions are set. Or unless you wish to propose a different payout model. I doubt Dundee and Inverness would be so magnanimous about giving up some of their due prize money so everyone gets some extra money though.

Whit?
There's (to all intents) no more cash which isn't positional dependent. Are you not understanding that? Everyone in each division has had the same amount, which corresponds (almost) to the 10th place prize. They can't give anything else out whilst the League hangs in suspension because they won't have it to pay later.
They could pay out based on current positions of course but what if they gave say the 8th place prize to Alloa and then we eventually did play out the League and they slump to bottom. They need to get that money back to pay it to Partick Thistle. How do you plan to sort that out?
There's no more money to pay out unless positions are set. Or unless you wish to propose a different payout model. I doubt Dundee and Inverness would be so magnanimous about giving up some of their due prize money so everyone gets some extra money though.

Potential scenario is that everyone gets paid the lowest amount of prize money now, and then the rest as and when this is sorted.

Or, and I doubt this would be accepted given the level of self interest prevalent in Scottish football, you scrap relegation but the bottom teams fore-go any prize money. Unfortunately doesn’t solve the issue of teams at the top..

3 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Whit?

Fuckin hell everyone knows what the final payment is for 😂 

Have a vote to change the rule and payout as the positions currently stand. Keeps everyone happy in the meantime then deal with promotion/relegation further down the line when football appears to finally be on the horizon.  

This is a battle. 

5 minutes ago, super_carson said:

Potential scenario is that everyone gets paid the lowest amount of prize money now, and then the rest as and when this is sorted.

Or, and I doubt this would be accepted given the level of self interest prevalent in Scottish football, you scrap relegation but the bottom teams fore-go any prize money. Unfortunately doesn’t solve the issue of teams at the top..

This has already happened, as skyline has been trying to explain. 

3 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Whit?

Yes. And this is exactly why, no more games can be played. There is no financial benefit to the majority of clubs to restart this season. I don't think we're trying to gain anything from this. But sharing payments evenly by league, is the only fair option, since nobody has really finished in any position.

4 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Have a vote to change the rule and payout as the positions currently stand. Keeps everyone happy in the meantime then deal with promotion/relegation further down the line when football appears to finally be on the horizon.  

This is a battle. 

You are on dangerous ground there. Change the rules now during a season? We are continually told - by some ready to go to 2021 nigh on -that the season is 38 games, end of. No room for manoeuvre or change. What you are proposing opens that door even if just slightly 

5 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Whit?

Yeah but why don't they just dish out the cash? We can worry about who gets what later (after it's been dished out and spent).

3 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

This is a battle. 

That presumes that no more football is going to be played otherwise you'd want to hold off until the season is finished because payouts will change. In which case a decision needs to be made as to what happens with promotion/relegation - which is what the vote was about. Shame one club couldn't get their shit together to actually contribute to a decision on the question.

That's not an argument to vote for the proposed solution incidentally, just an argument to actually vote. There are other solutions but it's probably prudent to get the governing body's preferred outcome out of the way first before we move onto the next possible option.

2 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

You are on dangerous ground there. Change the rules now during a season? We are continually told - by some ready to go to 2021 nigh on -that the season is 38 games, end of. No room for manoeuvre or change. What you are proposing opens that door even if just slightly 

FFS. Nae wonder Dundee cannae manage to properly submit their vote.

This is hilarious.

if after this shambles Dundee do eventually vote no (and it will look terrible if they don’t) and that further resolutions continue in this shambolic fashion (which looks likely) then presumably the default is play the games, even if that’s virtually impossible?

18 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

What’s the benefit of that set up?

I think any structure is rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic because of the historic imbalances in the league, but that one would have two strong fully professional divisions. The 18 would need some thought to minimise meaningless games, maybe involving play offs at the bottom, or a cup competition. I might also see if there's interest in a national feeder below that.

I can't believe there are folk that know there is money available to save clubs and would rather watch clubs be bullied into stopping a season rather than, you know, just distribute the cash evenly between the leagues. 

BUT THEY HAVEN'T GOT THEIR FINISHING POSISHUNSSSS. 

f**k up. 

Just now, parsforlife said:

This is hilarious.

if after this shambles Dundee do eventually vote no (and it will look terrible if they don’t) and that further resolutions continue in this shambolic fashion (which looks likely) then presumably the default is play the games, even if that’s virtually impossible?

Yeah, the outcome of a 'no' vote is that the season continues. That's obviously not possible and so there will need to be another option which can attract 75% support. Difficult to see what that might be.

3 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

FFS. Nae wonder Dundee cannae manage to properly submit their vote.

I'm all for change. People that say we cant call the season now come up with the most esoteric reasons all in the name of fairness. The problem is fairness seems to have about 20 possible outcomes. And most involve the SPFL having to vote to change either in the future or right now in this phoney-war season end.  Our board better have a really good solution to propose other than saying it's no fair.

1 minute ago, Dele said:

I can't believe there are folk that know there is money available to save clubs and would rather watch clubs be bullied into stopping a season rather than, you know, just distribute the cash evenly between the leagues. 

BUT THEY HAVEN'T GOT THEIR FINISHING POSISHUNSSSS. 

f**k up. 

Is there really anyone proposing that funds be distributed evenly amongst Championship clubs? Certainly that's not Dundee's position (if you can call a garbled press release and not voting a position).

17 minutes ago, super_carson said:

As already noted they have already done this. The money paid two weeks ago effectively brought us to that position. Everyone has been paid (within a few grand) what the bottom place club will get already.

17 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

This is a battle. 

Again whit? I'm not you actually grasp this.

11 minutes ago, Juanhourjoe said:

Yes. And this is exactly why, no more games can be played. There is no financial benefit to the majority of clubs to restart this season. I don't think we're trying to gain anything from this. But sharing payments evenly by league, is the only fair option, since nobody has really finished in any position.

Sharing payments evenly is certainly a valid option (and a significant suggestion for a supporter of a club due to get the vast majority of the League's income outside Dundee United (the amount due to United and ICT will be more than the amount due to everyone else added together I'd think). But it would need another vote to change the rules and I genuinely don't see there being much support for it. Inevitably half the clubs in each League would be worse off and half better off so the chances of getting a 75% acceptance are pretty low.