Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

3 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I've sat through half an hour of that. I can't imagine Scot Gardiner will be popular for broadcasting the contents of a private message group.

More frustrating though is it's perfectly clear the likes of Michael Stewart, Tom English and Willie Miller have neither the first clue about how corporate law works nor any ability to work out how the prize money distribution model works. Considering Miller used to actually be an official in one of our top clubs that's pretty disappointing.

They can't distribute the remaining funds (assuming they have them) without declaring the positions final because THEY ALREADY HAVE DISTRIBUTED THE ENTIRE ELEMENT WHICH ISN'T DEPENDENT ON FINISHING POSITION. The amount left to pay the clubs at the bottom of each league, particularly the lower ones is fairly small. They need declared final positions to pay the rest out. Or an agreement from the clubs I suppose to distribute in some other manner. It could be pooled and split evenly I suppose but the clubs due to finish high up their leagues are unlikely to be agreeable to that.

Willie Miller managed to run a Fish and Chip restaurant, at Aberdeen beach (and next to a cinema and leisure complex) into the ground. That should end any business related input from him. 

Just now, third lanark said:

Could be Cameron is simply not on the WhatsApp chat and maybe just some of the other chairman are on it(not every single one in the division)

Just the 'No' voters. Drysdale, Gardiner & Britton? And Drysdale's shafted the pair.

Done them dry, some might say.

Just now, Speroni*1 said:

Just the 'No' voters. Drysdale, Gardiner & Britton? And Drysdale's shafted the pair.

Done them dry, some might say.

You been sacked by Arsenal yet 😂

Bit off topic but just caught up with all that.

So if I’ve got the jist of the last 3 hours or so on here....

Dundee were asked to tick a box and ticked a box ✔️ 

Forfar are due the equivalent of a 2010 Vauxhall Astra or could effectively go to the wall

Ayr Utd were in a whatsapp group but weren’t 🤷🏼‍♂️😂

5 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

80s and 90s. English lower league teams seem to manage it season in season out for some bizarre reason. 

If it was good, why was it changed and why did the English Leagues propose 20 team divisions to cut the number of games?

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

1 minute ago, Speroni*1 said:

As John Nelms said to the BBC, 'No comment'.

Unless I misheard, Richard Gordon said, "John Nelms has been in touch to say: no comment". Superb trolling from Nelms if that's how it went down. 

This has turned into such a farse beyond belief, all down to a tick or cross of a box apparently, ffs.

Also was a "technical errror" with premiership votes because Hearts and Rangers both voted against but SPFL say only 1 team voted against.

This comes down to either the people at Hampden dealing with the votes being a bit thick or there has been genuine tampering going on.

IMO the whole vote needs to be done again to save the integrity of the whole situation because with the leaks of those votes (should never have found there way into the public domain) people are now beginning to wonder what the hell has gone on and i'd presume majority of clubs have lost faith in this farce of a vote.

Also if Dundee are being allowed a second vote then every other club has to re-vote IMO

Edited by rb123!

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

If it was good, why was it changed and why did the English Leagues propose 20 team divisions to cut the number of games?

Did they? I thought from the English Championship down they played 46 games per season 😂

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

This has turned into such a farse beyond belief, all down to a tick or cross of a box apparently, ffs.

Also was a "technical errror" with premiership votes because Hearts and Rangers both voted against but SPFL say only 1 team voted against.

This comes down to either the people at Hampden dealing with the votes being a bit thick or there has been genuine tampering going on.

IMO the whole vote needs to be done again to save the integrity of the whole situation because with the leaks of those votes (should never have found there way into the public domain) people are now beginning to wonder what the hell has gone on and i'd presume majority of clubs have lost faith in this farce of a vote.

That was cleared up yesterday. Hearts sent their vote after SPFL had posted their update.

2 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Also if Dundee are being allowed a second vote then every other club has to re-vote IMO

SPFL announced ten for, one against and one  hadn't voted.  Hearts were that one.

6 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

80s and 90s. English lower league teams seem to manage it season in season out for some bizarre reason. 

Possible outwith the top league. The Premiership as it was called at the time in England had to cut from 22 teams to 20 as with UEFA dates and international dates there was not enough space for all the games

16 teams with no split would be great , cut out midweek games and use those dates for postponed games. Our game in hand was caused by Rangers reaching the league cup semi final in November and without the virus this weekend would have been the first available date to play it. Finances and TV deals with 4 old firm games mean this will never happen.