Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

3 minutes ago, Paco said:

I do understand that but tough shit in my opinion - fans have paid to be there, and there’s an easy route to getting them in.

Fans have been completely taken for granted for the vast majority of the pandemic. Obviously I understand both clubs would need to agree, and away teams particularly may be reluctant, but if there’s not even an effort to move the games it’s a disgrace.

Given recent form, suspect Rovers might canvas the support in some way or consult the fan groups. So still a chance. Guessing it needs Arbroath to agree?

Edited by roverthemoon

43 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

The not getting furlough thing is also another good decision made by the UK government by the way. Thank f**k for that. That was also by the way another political play that backfired. 

Slevering.  

6 minutes ago, Flash said:

I think it is badly worded. I think it means organisers now have to check at least 50% of attendees rather than 20% or 1,000 whichever is the higher. So, I think if the crowd was 1,200 you’d need to check 600 passports or LF test results. Also means if the crowd is 50,000, there would have to be 25,000 checks. I could be wrong, though.
Eta if the crowd is under 1,000 I don’t think you need to do any checks.

3 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

I read it as if the crowd was 1200 you would need to check 1000.

As did I.

And if your crowd could potentially be anything from 900 to say 1,300 on a walk up basis you're effectively going to have to check all of them because you're not going to know until numbers are collated what the crowd was. It's actually a logistical nightmare for us. Unless we organise in advance to only sell 999 tickets on an all ticket basis. Which causes it's own problem.

Grrrrr. 😡

11 minutes ago, Paco said:

I do understand that but tough shit in my opinion - fans have paid to be there, and there’s an easy route to getting them in.

Fans have been completely taken for granted for the vast majority of the pandemic. Obviously I understand both clubs would need to agree, and away teams particularly may be reluctant, but if there’s not even an effort to move the games it’s a disgrace.

Pretty sure we wouldn't agree to move our game at Inverness unless someone picks up the bill for the hotel already paid for.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

At Hampden last year also, I’m pretty sure they only allowed people to take in a bottle of water in a plastic bag at the Euros. Murrayfield around that same time, I could be wrong, had all the kiosks open and serving alcohol. It looked like an outdoor pub. 

I could be wrong 

You're not wrong.

Edited by Specky Ginger

Pretty sure we wouldn't agree to move our game at Inverness unless someone picks up the bill for the hotel already paid for.

And I think that’s a perfectly reasonable excuse that both sets of fans could understand.

A manager ‘preferring’ to play on Saturday on the other hand…

And whose checking the checkers to make sure they,re checking the correct % ? 🤔

I witnessed the so called checking of covid passports previously and it was nothing more but a customary glance at most if not at all

Edited by Rovers_Lad

3 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

They’re not unpopular though, plenty of people have been crying for and wanting the restrictions to ‘save lives’. So many people up here criticised Johnson for not following suit at the time. Mark Drakeford called him out for it just the other day. Party politics at play.

But when information like the below comes through they’re left looking silly. For the first time throughout this whole thing there was a country who didn’t follow the rest, a control group within the UK to show up just how stupid they are. That decision Johnson made has forced Sturgeons hand, she knows she can’t carry on with it now. As for Drakeford, he’s a screwball, so I’ve no idea what he will do. 

79E8A333-3EBF-4C4F-BA3C-D415618AF6CC.png

There are other statistics from ONS which has England with the highest No of people with Covid, though. 

3 hours ago, madton said:

Assuming all games go ahead as normal this coming weekend, teams have been effected as follows.

Ayr-3

Dunfermline- 2

Hamilton- 2

Queens- 2

Raith-2

ICT- 2

Killie- 1

Arbroath-1

Morton- 1

Partick-1

Ayr missing out on 3 home games will be a sore one for them.

Killie, Morton, Partick and Arbroath got lucky although Partick will be raging as Friday nights game would normally draw in 4-5000 and they will miss out on stream money as its live on the BBC.

We’ve already missed 2 home games - Ayr and Morton

1 hour ago, Double Jack D said:

I read it as if the crowd was 1200 you would need to check 1000.

Aye, it probably is that.
Imo, it would have been better if it said “…should check at least 50% of attendees (up from the current 20%) or 1,000 people, whichever is the higher”.
I don’t know why there is a minimum of 1,000. You’d think if checking 50% is sufficient for a big crowd it would be the same for a smaller crowd.

3 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Killie didn't really "get lucky", we proactively managed to get one of our games moved to avoid the restrictions, something that the other clubs could have tried to do if they'd wanted.

It seems a bit weird that the clubs as a group voted to continue playing and then your game vs Ayr was allowed to be moved. 

2 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

It seems a bit weird that the clubs as a group voted to continue playing and then your game vs Ayr was allowed to be moved. 

Killie voted for a shutdown thou, club confirmed this in a statement issued on the result.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

A cautious leader? Who one month before had been telling people to invite random strangers into their homes for COP26. A time when a whole load of the rules went out of the window and the number of people in ICU was actually higher than what it was the day she dreamt up these daft new restrictions.

The not getting furlough thing is also another good decision made by the UK government by the way. Thank f**k for that. That was also by the way another political play that backfired. 

This latest debacle from Sturgeon highlights just how incompetent she and her governmental advisers actually are. With the Premier clubs bringing forward their mid season break the obvious strategy was to leave the lower league clubs to continue as normal safe in the knowledge that very few matches, if any, would get crowds that were going to exceed 20% of the relevant ground capacity. The underlying risk in the open air with very low crowds was negligible. Nobody is expecting Sturgeon to understand football crowd dynamics but there are surely some football minded people in advisory roles that could have applied some common sense. At the very start of the pandemic Jason Leitch was telling viewers on Breakfast TV that his wife was going to a sell out pop concert and he didn’t see why people couldn’t go to the Rangers/Liverpool European matches!!!! 

The imposed crowd embargo has achieved nothing other than piss off football enthusiasts and worse still pile on the financial pressure to clubs by denying them valuable festive income when, as always, every penny is a prisoner. 

2 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

This latest debacle from Sturgeon highlights just how incompetent she and her governmental advisers actually are. With the Premier clubs bringing forward their mid season break the obvious strategy was to leave the lower league clubs to continue as normal safe in the knowledge that very few matches, if any, would get crowds that were going to exceed 20% of the relevant ground capacity. The underlying risk in the open air with very low crowds was negligible. Nobody is expecting Sturgeon to understand football crowd dynamics but there are surely some football minded people in advisory roles that could have applied some common sense. At the very start of the pandemic Jason Leitch was telling viewers on Breakfast TV that his wife was going to a sell out pop concert and he didn’t see why people couldn’t go to the Rangers/Liverpool European matches!!!! 

The imposed crowd embargo has achieved nothing other than piss off football enthusiasts and worse still pile on the financial pressure to clubs by denying them valuable festive income when, as always, every penny is a prisoner. 

The twists the turns and the contradictions and hypocrisy throughout this whole thing along with rules that make absolutely zero sense to anyone who is capable of actually thinking for longer than 5 seconds is infuriating. The mental gymnastics people must go through to believe or trust any of these people blows my mind. 

BUT... I think we might just be over it. I can’t see another shut out ever again. 

29 minutes ago, Flash said:

Aye, it probably is that.
Imo, it would have been better if it said “…should check at least 50% of attendees (up from the current 20%) or 1,000 people, whichever is the higher”.
I don’t know why there is a minimum of 1,000. You’d think if checking 50% is sufficient for a big crowd it would be the same for a smaller crowd.

Eh, it does say that doesn't it?

And that would still mean for a crowd of 1,200 you'd have to check 1,000. For a crowd of 1,001 you'd have to check 1,000 too.