Pies

3 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Lasagne pie?

What is this magic you speak of? Need to try it.

If you get one? heat it up! @Stellaboz had it cold, even though the shop had a microwave and even though I warned him. Wee fanny that he is.

1 minute ago, dysartrovers said:

Where can I get a lasagne pie? Had one before and it was amazing. Also knew a guy who used to make pies and he made a cracker of a breakfast pie

This was in a wee shop in Crainlarich, @Stellaboz's favourite village.

When me and the aforementioned poster shared a flat in Aberdeen I once made a big breakfast pie for us as part of a Man vs Food challenge we set each other. It was exceptional.

He made a massive burger that had about 6 patties in it! Was also good.

8 minutes ago, dysartrovers said:

Will visit that on my next jaunt up north. The breakfast pie had square sausage, beans, black pudding and a quails egg fried on top

That sounds exceptional, although quails egg is odd!

When I made one I just got a tube of that shortcrust pasty you can buy in any supermarket. For the filling I cooked up bacon, square sausage, black pudding, beans and scrambled egg. Mixed it all up in a bowl then fired it in to the (uncooked) pastry, covered it with the other uncooked pastry, then fired it in the oven. Was surprisingly good!

When I made one I just got a tube of that shortcrust pasty you can buy in any supermarket. For the filling I cooked up bacon, square sausage, black pudding, beans and scrambled egg. Mixed it all up in a bowl then fired it in to the (uncooked) pastry, covered it with the other uncooked pastry, then fired it in the oven. Was surprisingly good!
Why surprisingly good? That sounds great

1 minute ago, dysartrovers said:
11 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Why surprisingly good? That sounds great

When it was all cut up and mixed up it looked weird!

Tasted great.

Also made some great sausage rolls once using the same pastry. Cooked up some sausages until they were 3 quarters done (so not quite safe for eating) then mashed them with a fork, added salt and pepper and an egg yolk, mixed them up and then added to the (uncooked) pastry. Covered with the pastry, used the fork to poke some holes (giggity!) in the top then brushed the top with more egg yolk.

They were brilliant.

5 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Microwaving pies? Have folk gone fucking mental?

Aye, get it in there. No yer big Steak pie obviously but if you cannae be arsed waiting,    fire your scotch pie right in the dinger.

22 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Microwaving pies? Have folk gone fucking mental?

As a nipper I always went to 'Billys' - my local corner shop with a seller from Lahore who claimed he was shot in New York - and would regularly buy a Fleming's Steak n Gravy Peh. Pay 5p extra and he'd microwave it for me. It was fucking brilliant. Then the pies turned to shite and one day he stuck his Pinky through the middle of my mates Peh to see if it was hot enough and then that was that. 

#SundayStories. 

30 minutes ago, Ylf said:

anyone been in pie bobs arbroath. anything you can think of is in a peh

Meant to be amazing. It means having to go to Arbroath though. Quandary developed. 

Edited by Dele

Guest Moomintroll

Tried microwavable pies once, would prefer to eat the face off someone who suggests I should try it again. 1 stone, 2 bird interface scenario. TL,DR Microwave pies are bowfin.

When I was about 10 or 11, my dad and I were playing football on the ps1 and he told me to go heat the pies up for lunch.

All I knew was they went in the microwave for 7 minutes or so. I knew nothing about heating levels.
Went to check after 5 minutes as I heard a noise and smelled something... and the machine was billowing smoke as well as that blue electrical sparks that look frightening as f**k.
Thankfully he blamed it on being an old microwave and we needed a new one.

I but I prefer a soggy pie rather than crispy. Probably all those years at Starks park

Soggy pie I can just about understand.
Bells steak pies have that much meat that they are probably suitable for vegetarians

26 minutes ago, superbigal said:
29 minutes ago, Dele said:
7 minutes in the microwave. WTF? 

Is this the announced cure for covid19

You’d need a really big microwave oven to get that fat b*****d Johnston in it.