Pies

Pies are tremendous. If you say otherwise then you're a filthy liar.

Most football grounds sell a poor Scotch pie. Some grounds do better. Arbroath do a cracking steak pie. Kilmarnock did a fine pie although you can buy a Killie pie in Spar and Aldi 

A solid macaroni pie is nice. I'm too tired to focus to add to this.

What is your favourite pie? Where do you get your favourite pie? What do you have with your favourite pie?

What are your pie anecdotes?

As well as macaroni, the other veggie pie Stephens offer is the chilli, cheese, cauliflower and broccoli one. Really excellent. Balance with a steak pie or or one their steak and haggis ones and a buttered roll for a lunch worthy of a Michelin star. 

Edited by Shandon Par

Mince and gravy pie from bains the butchers at Stenhouse Cross. Plenty of good butchers and bakers (candlestick makers??) in the edinburgh and East lothian area, but bains is the best IMO. if I had to choose a curry pie, it would be from storries on Leith walk.

Little bakery in Dumfries, should be recognised as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.  Their Chicken, haggis, leek and peppercorn sauce pies taste like they were sent from the gods themselves.

Edited by MONKMAN

16 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

There is a bakery in Kirkcudbright across from the wee harbour, that does amazing steak and black pudding pies.

Another shop in the Little bakery empire, I've previously mentioned by my good self.  Their pies are glorious.

5 minutes ago, sjc said:

Where are these sold? Sounds good!

McDiarmid. They're unreal. The biggest thing I miss about top flight football. 

3 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Had a steak and black pudding from Clark’s the other day. A solid 8/10 from me.

When they're good, they're excellent. Sometimes have the black pudding : steak ratio all to f**k and they end up really dry. 

2 minutes ago, Dele said:

McDiarmid. They're unreal. The biggest thing I miss about top flight football. 

Cheers, I'll put my Mum and Dad onto that for their next visit to McDiarmid. I've had chicken and chorizo together before albeit not in a pie, and they go well together. Hadn't even thought about steak and chorizo together. Will need to try that.

Overton farm shop near Crossford has the best steak pies ever. Add in you can buy wee milk type bottles of gravy to add to the enjoyment and you get pie heaven. Not the cheapest but confirms the fact you only get what you pay for. Tucking into one today

11 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Had a steak and black pudding from Clark’s the other day. A solid 8/10 from me.

Lamb and black pudding go well together....... someone should put that combo in a pie.