How are we all doing?

7 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

I normally leave that till the second date. My profile pic is my completed sticker album from 2015

AB2C3C5B-49E6-4135-BB34-8F2DC9A1B9EC.jpeg

Good choice of profile pic.  It shows commitment...  if that is your sticker album, it's cool as f**k..

10 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

They live in Perth and I live in London, so it makes things a bit more difficult and I feel less in control of the situation. All I can do is keep talking to them on the phone and try my best to ensure they’re following the measures you’ve just mentioned. But ultimately, I don’t fully trust them to stay in the house regardless of how much I insist.

I see where you're going wrong, you can only give them advice and leave it at that, why should they bear all your burden. 

6 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

I normally leave that till the second date. My profile pic is my completed sticker album from 2015

AB2C3C5B-49E6-4135-BB34-8F2DC9A1B9EC.jpeg

You're turning me

Just now, 8MileBU said:

Totally unrelated but mood lifted already having just noticed your profile pic and been reminded of an album/band I haven’t listened to in ages.

It's a great album! Incubus had an incredible run of albums from Make Yourself to A Crow Left of The Murder. The three albums in that run are so good and my favourite rotates between the three! S.C.I.E.N.C.E. and Light Grenades are also good but not on the level of the other three. Not heard any of their recent stuff.

4 minutes ago, HooseLee said:

Good choice of profile pic.  It shows commitment...  if that is your sticker album, it's cool as f**k..

He hasn't posted that he has doubles of all and some trebles.

3 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

See the source image

Not far off it  that's why I'm moving.  Was supposed to be next week but postponed.  A brand new building waiting in me and I cant get there  frustrating  

Edited by HooseLee

I'm retired so I'm used to being in the house, but not being able to just go out places when I want to is a pain in the arse.
The Mrs works at the local primary school as a midday supervisor in the nursery, so she's still needed.
My son is working from home. My daughter has come home from uni. So it's all a bit busier than usual.

12 minutes ago, HooseLee said:

First time I actually fully completed a sticker album. Managed some swaps on here which helped.

1 hour ago, Geez a Braco said:

What's the best actions via cancelling/doing nothing?  

Got the following booked this summer:  

May  Return flight to dublin (ryanair)  
June  Caravan holiday Haven 
July  Return flights turkey (ryanair, golf)  

Check your PMs 

5 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Precisely what I'm doing. Not sure what you're getting at.

I'm saying you should give whatever advice you need to and park it there with the worry, worrying does nowt for anyone, I know my kids worry about me but I implore them not to, it adds zero positivity to your life. 

I work as a train driver, so still out there and working same shift pattern as normal. Hours vary a bit from usual , but still following a fairly regular, structured working week. 

Pretty glad to still be out working tbh, as I don't know how I'd cope with prolonged hours stuck at home. I'm not really one for sitting around watching box sets etc, also gaming and stuff doesn't interest me. On my days off there are a few things around the house I will occupy myself with when unable to get out and about. 

The good lady is self employed and works from a unit at home, and will now be idle until this is over. She is starting to struggle without the structure of her normal day. She frets about me going to work each day for fear of me coming into contact with the virus, but personally I'm fairly confident the risks are minimal. I have pretty much no contact with the general public, being in the cab out the way. The only real contact I have is with colleagues, and everyone is pretty aware of the social distancing and most do what they can in terms of cab hygiene, wiping down controls, wearing gloves where available etc. 

Really sympathise with anyone struggling with what is a monumental change to many people's daily routines, and obviously the added worry of the health situation for themselves and their families. 

This site is a great place in these unprecedented times. Whether you're looking to keep up to date in the Covid threads, have a laugh in some others, or seek solace or advice in the superbly helpful and non-judgmental depression thread, there's something for everyone here. 

Last paragraph sounds very birthday caird pish patter, but it's 100% true. 

Stay in touch with the world, stay positive and stay safe. 

Mon the P&B.