How are we all doing?

I’m doing pretty well despite having proper anxiety when it was properly kicking off and I have only been off work since Tuesday. It’s just a case of being able to stay relatively fit and not fall into a rut and be able to fill the day with activities and not spend the entire day on your phone/laptop.

Have my gf and 2 year old daughter for company, already sick of my other half and we are having digs at one another all the time but I’m doing a lot with my daughter to keep her happy and entertained which makes my days so much easier as well. We did one of those rainbows that you stick to your window for all your neighbours to see last week and it got me into drawing, naturally i started by drawing a rainbow coloured cock and balls which I hung on my bathroom wall and sent to several people on social media but I have drawn lots of other things that I have stuck on the wall which I have really enjoyed doing. The simplest forms of entertainment are often the best at times like this so getting a pen and paper out and playing a wee game or playing cards and board games with family members can go a long way.

The entire situation is out of all of our control so staying up and worrying about the long term impacts this is going to have is not going to help. We should all focus on what is within our control and what we can do to help ourselves and those around us as this lockdown isn’t getting lifted anytime soon and we aren’t going to get the answers that we want for some time. 

28 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Isn’t Tinder and the L a bit pointless just now since you can’t meet and boaby them? Or are you just laying the foundations for a post apocalyptic future?

It picked up massively last weekend. An influx of (mostly) fake accounts. 

Deleted not long after. 

Edit : I like the looks of this @HooseLee chap. Keep posting mate. 

Edited by Dele

5 hours ago, oaksoft said:

For those who recall my toilet blocking incident of some months ago, well there's been another incident.

My toilet blocked again this morning. And in a moment of pure joy which brought tears to the eyes of this proud dad, my youngest came into my office (she followed protocol by knocking and then being needlessly made to wait for 30 seconds in a show of power on my part before I acknowledged her by saying "Enter!"), and said "Daddy, there's a massive poo blocking the toilet ..... and it wasn't me who put it there". Those of you unfamiliar with my previous story will wonder why I was so proud of her for this? Simply because a few months ago, she'd have had no problem sitting on that pan and adding her own parcel to the swamp and then flushing the already full toilet causing another flood. Progress is progress.

This is the content we’re all here for.

2 hours ago, philpy said:
9 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:
I'm coping. Beer, YouTube and Tinder are keeping me going. Hope everyone else is doing ok and if anyone feels shite and fancies a chat just message me. ASL first please.

U ok bbz?? Pm me x

45 minutes ago, philpy said:

Bert by the end of it.. The%2Breal%2Blife%2Bbuster%2Bgonad%2Bviz%2Bcharacter%2B_985cfc1f9886a96dbaed2fc62f618a9e.jpeg

Are you trying to groom me?

2 hours ago, Dele said:

It picked up massively last weekend. An influx of (mostly) fake accounts. 

Deleted not long after. 

Edit : I like the looks of this @HooseLee chap. Keep posting mate. 

I will mate.  Just want offer any advice to anyone.  Only suggested that maybe the guy would benefit from phoning a helpline.  I'll put it down to experience.   He can shave his are hair as far I'm concerned.   

11 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Yeah I’m only half joking, apart from my immediate family my wife and myself prefer our own company.  As such I’m not finding it a burden despite not having seen either of my sons or our granddaughter for some time.

My lack of sociability is a bit bizarre given that a large part of my job involves interaction with the public with which I’m quite successful.

I’m a bit surprised that so many folk on here seem to be struggling, I don’t mean that in a critical or judgemental way.

Hopefully this thread  is in some way therapeutic.

I'm much the same - always was. Actually there are times when I don't even want the company of our immediate family, there have been occasions when they visit I just disappear.

Conversely, missing the grandchildren, although 3 of the stepdaughters keep in regular touch, one was on "visual" phone the other day - no idea what it's called - 2 year old grandaughter grabbed the phone and shot upstairs to her eldest sister to show her granny.

I can imagine why some people find it hellish though, tbqh.

11 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I've got flights and hotels booked for a Euro 2020 trip booked which I'll obviously have to postpone, even without the football, and a cottage in North Wales in July for a festival in a place I know a lot of people, but will probably have to postpone that too as I'm fairly high risk, even if the festival still happens. Should be safe to drive down to Wales by September though at least.

How bad are things if you're looking forward to a trip to Wales?

3 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

How bad are things if you're looking forward to a trip to Wales?

Not bad, loads of friends from when I used to live in Llangollen, beautiful place when the weather's good and a few pubs with live music, comedy nights etc. 

It's ok so far. It's great spending more time with the kids. It's shite spending more time with the wife. 

I’m the same, you need to try and plan the day out so you aren’t on top of each other all the time otherwise you’ll end up hating each other. She bought the sims game and is on her laptop quite a lot which is absolute bliss for me, I’d be quite happy if she never ventured out of bed for this entire duration.