Home Haircuts

Venti

Bit the bullet and dug out the clippers yesterday. Fitted the 9 mm blade and showed Mrs Gilp what to do. She's not made a bad job. Only tricky part was shaving the neckline with the naked blade. She tells me that it looks ok...

Didn't trust her do the ear flaming thing though!

My clippers arrived today. Going to get the wife to shear me when they are charged. I have very thick hair and haven’t had it cut in ages, considering using the offcuts to add insulation to the loft.

On 27/04/2020 at 21:34, philpy said:

Blade 1 all over,  every week. Low maintenance. 

Sounds like weekly maintenance.  No.1 every April is low maintenance. 

The barbers have been shut this April and the clippers arrived yesterday.  This won't end well.

Bit the bullet and used my beard trimmer on the back and sides. Not the best haircut I’ve had but acceptable.

Trimmed the fringe a little but left on top alone mostly. Eventually I’ll need to do something with it, but that’s the danger zone for making a real f**k up.

Distinct lack of pics on this thread. Suspect some absolute broken bottle jobs flying about.

I havent shorn mine yet, but in conjunction with my increasingly impressive lockdown beard, I will be targeting the Helsinki off money heist look.

My neighbour has offered to give me a buzz cut. I'm sorely tempted. If we've both been following advised measures is this worth the risk?

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
6 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:
Got mine chopped pretty short at the end of March (left)  so not gone that wild yet (right - yesterday). 

1E2151B9-ED9A-47DE-9CD9-1C54468DEFA1.thumb.jpeg.1520e45910b510c308701559a2f1a86f.jpeg

And how are the JFM supplies holding up?

Never been tempted. Quite like the silvery bits. They’re more obvious on the sides. Love a good buzz cut though. If anyone is thinking about it but hasn’t tried it, go for it. You’ll instantly feel 100x more manly and drying off after a shower is so quick.

Never been tempted. Quite like the silvery bits. They’re more obvious on the sides. Love a good buzz cut though. If anyone is thinking about it but hasn’t tried it, go for it. You’ll instantly feel 100x more manly and drying off after a shower is so quick.
Not for me it wont be

4c7377bd-dce4-4a05-94bd-459bfe28de02.jpeg

1 hour ago, jagfox99 said:

My neighbour has offered to give me a buzz cut. I'm sorely tempted. If we've both been following advised measures is this worth the risk?

You won't be following advised measures if you let your neighbour cut your hair