The SPFL recommendation?

9 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

A dictatorship is a system where a single person or entity can force through changes against the will of the majority. The SPFL could be considered a dictatorship if resolutions like this one could pass on the basis of a small number of influential clubs supporting it, or by an executive decision by the board. Instead, the opposite is true, for a resolution to pass it requires a supermajority of the clubs.

Of course, in this vote it wouldn't matter if it was simply majority rule, since the majority of the clubs saw through this tinpot proposal.

So if a vote took place to get rid of 11-1, 10 clubs voted to get rid of it, and the Old Firm voted to keep it. You don’t think that’s the minority dictating? When it quite clearly is designed to help the Big 2, who when push comes to shove, would actually rather stand together with each other, than with the rest of the smaller Scottish Clubs. 

34 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I think democracy usually means the majority rule.

So not sure how 11 of 12 being needed is actual the exact opposite of a dictatorship.

But I sure understand why you would think otherwise...

Is 11 out of 12 clubs a majority? 

Also - dictatorship: government by a dictator; dictator: a person who behaves in an autocratic way.

I'll let you take it from there.

Is 11 out of 12 clubs a majority? 

Also - dictatorship: government by a dictator; dictator: a person who behaves in an autocratic way.

I'll let you take it from there.

Ok ill take it from here.

Is a 7-5, 8-4, 9-3 or even 10-2 vote a majority?…

Not in the eyes of the SPFL.

Of course, there’s nothing remotely autocratic about the SPFL....

A few pages ago we had a Falkirk fan complaining that small clubs shouldn't be allowed a vote as they hold too much power and now the big clubs have voted down the proposal that would see them promoted, we have another Falkirk fan saying it's the big clubs that have turned Scottish football into a dictatorship.
Do you guys maybe want to have a wee meeting between yourselves and decide which it is before launching your toys all over the forum?

I didn’t realise that every Falkirk poster was exactly the same person, or that we all need to hold exactly the same opinion.
Is that how it works with Sons fans?…

Crying about the 11-1 voting requirement when the stunning 'let's restructure to help out four dung teams' proposal failed to get the support of fully 60% of all SPFL clubs is top notch whataboutery.

Time for Hearts and Stranraer to focus on clambering out of the league below and for the Falkirk/Partick brothers in injustice to lube up for Cove condemning to another season in the seaside leagues. It's over. You lost. Get over it.

IMG_1576962560.451370.jpg.10ebb265f92f5a0547901406540577bb.jpg

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

A few pages ago we had a Falkirk fan complaining that small clubs shouldn't be allowed a vote as they hold too much power and now the big clubs have voted down the proposal that would see them promoted, we have another Falkirk fan saying it's the big clubs that have turned Scottish football into a dictatorship.

Do you guys maybe want to have a wee meeting between yourselves and decide which it is before launching your toys all over the forum?

It's great.

Complaining about a "dictatorship" through the voting methods, and how this dictatorship/self preservation league single handedly ended reconstruction. 

The fact a vote of all 42 clubs showed that only 16 wanted it seems to be entirely ignored.

Just now, roman_bairn said:

I didn’t realise that every Falkirk poster was exactly the same person, or that we all need to hold exactly the same opinion.
Is that how it works with Sons fans?…

Two posters supporting the same club, one lashing out at small clubs for not voting the way he wanted and the other at full time clubs because he never got what he wanted. You can hold different opinions, you're even free to type them through shed loads of tears as you have done today, but don't expect anything less than laughter coming back at you when they are demonstrably wrong opinions.

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Two posters supporting the same club, one lashing out at small clubs for not voting the way he wanted and the other at full time clubs because he never got what he wanted. You can hold different opinions, you're even free to type them through shed loads of tears as you have done today, but don't expect anything less than laughter coming back at you when they are demonstrably wrong opinions.

I’ve said on numerous occasions on here that we got what we deserved and in truth I’m really not that bothered that we didn’t go up, nor that Partick Thistle or Hearts are going down.

as I have said previously every one of the three underperformed last season and got what they deserve.

my issue, one I’ve held for years and remains, is with the whole voting system, and it’s the unfairness, or the fact that it’s impossible to get any form of change under the current system.

Scottish football will never progress without a change of arrangement which is set up to allow clubs (including Falkirk) to vote in their own interests to the detriment of the game as a whole......

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

my issue, one I’ve held for years and remains, is with the whole voting system, and it’s the unfairness, or the fact that it’s impossible to get any form of change under the current system.

Yet your complaints only reach a public forum when Falkirk are denied promotion due to it. I don't remember reading any complaints from Falkirk fans on the voting structure this whole summer and we've had more votes than I care to remember.

Yet your complaints only reach a public forum when Falkirk are denied promotion due to it. I don't remember reading any complaints from Falkirk fans on the voting structure this whole summer and we've had more votes than I care to remember.

You need to read further back then. However, I’m not speaking for Falkirk fans, I’m voicing my own opinion. I’m bored of the votes, as it’s entirely predictable that self interest will rule in every case as has been borne out.

It really concerns me that our standings in Europe slowly subsided with the formation of the SPL and (outside of the Old Firm), we continue to slide today, but the majority (yes I realise thats a democratic majority), can’t see that we need a change of regime and voting structure if we are ever to move the game forward to the best interests of the game as a whole. The SPFL is nothing more than an extension of the old SPL, joined by smaller clubs desperate for change with no alternative.

Expanded divisions, without the leeches clinging onto 4 old firm games a season, is what we have needed for years, but it’s never going to happen under a self interested voting structure...

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Christ the voting system has been a shambles for years. No other leagues in the world will have a system where two clubs can prevent what the other 40 want from happening. Its farcical.

But it appears that the majority of fans of the disadvantaged clubs are quite happy with it so we should all move on....