The SPFL recommendation?

52 minutes ago, DiamondJack85 said:

By all accounts null and void is out the question, the Ayr chairman who was all for it even said after advice from the SPFL that this was now not an option. I'd imagine wiping this season from the history books could end up a legal minefield as potentially sponsors, TV and even us fans (not that many would I dont think, but it is left open to) could all request money back for a season that never was.

As mentioned above...is this also the reason the SPFL are pushing for the default 1 up, 1 down resolution by default as if there are no promotion/relegation confirmed at the end of the season, it could be seen as still a null and void season despite crowning champions is each division? Not sure exactly how a season ending is defined legally but failure to get all clubs to agree on promotion/relegation after the season has officially ended could indeed see us replaying last season again.

Doubt any will be getting crowned as champions apart from perhaps celtic. The rest will be promoted and that will be it. Trophies will be blank for a season. Lets face it promotion is far more important than having the seaside league winners bit on your honours list anyway.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 minute ago, Ecosse83 said:

Do you think the teams who haven't yet won the league would have as much right to complain as the teams relegated who haven't had the chance to complete all the fixtures? 

Absolutely in the cases mentioned. Raith would be fortunate beneficiaries of such an outcome given the tiny margin of their lead but I can’t make an argument whereby Stranraer are more deserving of a League 1 place than Cove next season.

10 minutes ago, kvz2000 said:

I don’t believe this to be correct as every other club in a playoff spot voted for the resolution only based on getting the bribe of a cash pay out which is just criminal , at least EF were prepared to stand up against that offer , it’s the other clubs that should take a long hard look at themselves . 

This "bribe of a cash payout" is money that they're going to get eventually anyway. It's not like some magic pot of cash has appeared to buy their votes.

11 hours ago, stevoraith said:

Bit of a bizarre thing to get yourself in a tizzy about.

I’m not sure what you think has gone on here but the famous Andy Mill isn’t a snake oil salesman. He’s not been on social media or knocking on people’s doors begging, or even asking, for anybody to give the club money.

Some supporters realised early on that the club could potentially be in trouble if they had no income for months. They asked the club how they could donate.

Andy Mill as supporters representative on the board was tasked with setting up a just giving page which he did.
There was no pleading from him for anyone to donate and I can’t even remember if he gave any interviews about it.

If you watch any of the interviews with the chairman on our website you’ll see that he always states numerous times that RRFC should come second to your own financial well-being and people should only donate if they are in a position to do so and they feel comfortable doing so.

I’m not sure where your perception of Mill as some smooth-talking charmer persuading your granny to sign over her pension comes from but it’s certainly not accurate.

I’ve read his just giving page, complete with cheesy, self promoting photo - he’s making sure he’s building his own brand out of this - very clever.

There is no doubt the lad is a top class sales person and if he gets to his sales target of £50k he’s done what he set out to do mate. 

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

6 minutes ago, kvz2000 said:

Not very accurate as we need a potential 3 not 10 match winning run which we have done before , we recently went 5 games without defeat , drawing with both Raith and Falkirk , promote top teams with no relegation

So you average just north of 0.5 ppg over 3/4 of a season but we are to believe you were really really just about to turn good and pick up an average of 1 point per game MORE than the team you were trying to catch! Nae worries.

Guest Ecosse83
2 minutes ago, ribzanelli said:

Absolutely in the cases mentioned. Raith would be fortunate beneficiaries of such an outcome given the tiny margin of their lead but I can’t make an argument whereby Stranraer are more deserving of a League 1 place than Cove next season.

Yep good example there. The authorities need to think of the best solution that impacts the least amount of teams. 

4 minutes ago, ribzanelli said:

You can , because we haven’t competed the season , perhaps you mean Forfar as they might have finished bottom 

7 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Doubt any will be getting crowned as champions apart from perhaps celtic. The rest will be promoted and that will be it. Trophies will be blank for a season. Lets face it promotion is far more important than having the seaside league winners bit on your honours list anyway.

How does that work? Celtic get crowned Champions and none of the other three league leaders do. Makes no sense at all.

I get the gripe with Rovers getting it, seen as we’re only a point in front, but United and Cove must be shoe-ins for their leagues.

5 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

This "bribe of a cash payout" is money that they're going to get eventually anyway. It's not like some magic pot of cash has appeared to buy their votes.

Yes obviously but with clubs desperate for cash it is wrong to suggest they will only get the cash soon if they vote for the resolution, you can’t offer any incentive on the way clubs vote it’s just wrong 

2 minutes ago, kvz2000 said:

You can , because we haven’t competed the season , perhaps you mean Forfar as they might have finished bottom 

Perhaps. Maybe. If. 
These are exceptional circumstances which need hard decisions to be made but I’m basing my opinion on 27 games of actual evidence as opposed to  far fetched what ifs. I realise it isn’t ideal but for me it is better than giving Stranraer a pass and shafting Cove.

25 minutes ago, kvz2000 said:

I don’t believe this to be correct as every other club in a playoff spot voted for the resolution only based on getting the bribe of a cash pay out which is just criminal , at least EF were prepared to stand up against that offer , it’s the other clubs that should take a long hard look at themselves . 

That is money they are entitled to and will get regardless. Voting to promote Raith and replace with Partick would also see East Fife losing out on a fair sum of money. Their average gate against Raith this year was 1900. Partick are a big club but aren't going to travel to Methil in those numbers. Over the 2 games they are easily looking at losing out on a 5 figure sum of a difference by switching Partick and Raith. Plus they obviously think that if the season was concluded they may have had a shot in the play-offs.

Like everyone else they've weighed up the situation and voted in their best interests. That is absolutely not a criticism, they should be doing that. But if you are looking for a hero I fear you are being mistaken.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

3 minutes ago, ribzanelli said:

So you average just north of 0.5 ppg over 3/4 of a season but we are to believe you were really really just about to turn good and pick up an average of 1 point per game MORE than the team you were trying to catch! Nae worries.

Absolutely, so in your world the 100 m sprint should finish at 75 m as positions don’t change , we have new signs that have settled in and now having an impact on games and players coming back from injury. Anyway it’s the disgraceful handling of the situation we should be discussing. The SPFL need to be sent a clear message from all teams about their amateurish handling of this . Money can be handed out now and and other alternatives should be discussed 

Perhaps. Maybe. If. 
These are exceptional circumstances which need hard decisions to be made but I’m basing my opinion on 27 games of actual evidence as opposed to  far fetched what ifs. I realise it isn’t ideal but for me it is better than giving Stranraer a pass and shafting Cove.

No team should end up worst off after this virus or better off  ,That is it in a nutshell, if we all looked at this honestly that is the correct outcome

Perhaps. Maybe. If. 

But there is no need to do that , there are other options where by increasing the number of teams in each league you can keep everyone happy , these are extraordinary times where governments and businesses are having to do extraordinary things so why have the SPFL got their heads in the sand ......our league set up is a joke anyway so why not make the changes now 

1 minute ago, kvz2000 said:

Absolutely, so in your world the 100 m sprint should finish at 75 m as positions don’t change 

Ridiculous comparison but I’ll indulge you. If a global catastrophe were to occur in the 7th second of an Olympic semi final and one runner was barely out the blocks I’d be quite confident in saying that on the evidence provided they probably weren’t about to suddenly catch up.  

1 minute ago, kvz2000 said:

What about impacting no teams

Not possible

2 minutes ago, kvz2000 said:

But there is no need to do that , there are other options where by increasing the number of teams in each league you can keep everyone happy , these are extraordinary times where governments and businesses are having to do extraordinary things so why have the SPFL got their heads in the sand ......our league set up is a joke anyway so why not make the changes now 

You'll never make everyone happy I can tell you that. Even making  leagues bigger will impact on sides that dont get moved up so they wont be happy. We should be looking to impact on the least and lessen the fallout for those that are impacted. 

4 minutes ago, kvz2000 said:

I don’t have a problem with that but if it comes to a straight shoot out between promotion/relegation versus null and void then I’d give your place to Cove. I realise that you wouldn’t like it and it isn’t personal but that is the way I would vote

Even in this forum there are about 20 different suggestions for reconstruction so the chances of agreement are slim and not something I’d expect to happen

Edited by ribzanelli

2 minutes ago, ribzanelli said:

Ridiculous comparison but I’ll indulge you. If a global catastrophe were to occur in the 7th second of an Olympic semi final and one runner was barely out the blocks I’d be quite confident in saying that on the evidence provided they probably weren’t about to suddenly catch up.  

Not possible

The race would be null and void I can assure you of that.