The Scottish Coronavirus Club Statement Thread

30 minutes ago, rb123! said:

What's your clubs reasoning behind voting against, couldn't read that article when i zoomed in cause it isn't clear enough hency why i'm asking

Dundee Football Club believe in sporting fairness. They are good c***s and I won't hear a bad word against them.

16 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Think I read something saying “f**k the Arab b*****ds” but I’m not entirely sure what context that is in.

Yeah, I get that there is an obvious rivalry but I think everyone accepts voiding the season isnt an option. We call it off now, we call it off later or we finish it somewhere down the line. All of these outcomes will see United win the League so has no relevance. 

The only rational reason for Dundee to vote no is if they think the season can finish and they can get promoted via the playoffs. Which is fair enough but its likely fantasy.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Yeah, I get that there is an obvious rivalry but I think everyone accepts voiding the season isnt an option. We call it off now, we call it off later or we finish it somewhere down the line. All of these outcomes will see United win the League so has no relevance. 
The only rational reason for Dundee to vote no is if they think the season can finish and they can get promoted via the playoffs. Which is fair enough but its likely fantasy.
Not just about the playoffs but the rumours if the Premiership inviting ICT to go up with United.

I honestly think voiding is the only solution. Divvy any money due to each league equally amongst the teams and start again next season. I just can’t see how you can relegate teams, with all that entails, when all the games have not been played.

We will vote out of sporting integrity of course but it’s also much better for us to have United in our league than Hearts, every other fucker is voting out of self interest so why not Dundee too?

4 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I honestly think voiding is the only solution. Divvy any money due to each league equally amongst the teams and start again next season. I just can’t see how you can relegate teams, with all that entails, when all the games have not been played.

We will vote out of sporting integrity of course but it’s also much better for us to have United in our league than Hearts, every other fucker is voting out of self interest so why not Dundee too?

Greed is good.

That’s how all the teams that vote in favour of the current motion on Friday are basing their thoughts. 

On 09/04/2020 at 05:10, RandomGuy. said:

3 of the 4 clubs against it are bottom of their respective leagues, yet still claim their decision is based on "fairness to all"..

Would you expect turkeys to vote for Christmas?  

9 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Would you expect turkeys to vote for Christmas?  

No. I'm pointing out the fact them all, and Rangers and Dundee, are claiming its through some form of "sporting integrity" and not because they're 80% of the way through awful seasons and have found an easy way to save themselves/want to placate fanbases who'd rather see rivals lose than any fairness applied.

23 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

Anyone know what Clubs in championship other than Falkirk and Partick are likely to vote against and why and what is their solution.?

To be honest, they don't have to have a solution.  

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

No. I'm pointing out the fact them all, and Rangers and Dundee, are claiming its through some form of "sporting integrity" and not because they're 80% of the way through awful seasons and have found an easy way to save themselves/want to placate fanbases who'd rather see rivals lose than any fairness applied.

Save ourselves from what? 

3 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Save ourselves from what? 

The bit after that is relevant to Rangers, Dundee and Falkirk.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The bit after that is relevant to Rangers, Dundee and Falkirk.

Gotcha.

Regardless, I think any Dundee fan will admit  to putting our own club's interests first - what a shocker!  I'd also say  the vast majority of Dees are concerned about the proposals removing our chance of going up  - if they fucked up Utd that would merely be a welcome spin-off benefit.

On 09/04/2020 at 01:35, craigkillie said:

I'm not convinced there even is a reconstruction plan, all they've said is that they'll discuss it if this passes. My money would strongly be on exactly nothing happening on that front. However, if this was the concern of the Championship clubs, then they'd just vote against any future proposals rather than voting against this current one which has nothing to do with reconstruction.

Of course there isn’t one.

The SPFL knows this fine well but doesn’t want to own up to this.

They should tell us what all of their proposed rule changes are before asking us to vote on any of them.

Doncaster should just

(1) own up that he wants to relegate Hearts, Thistle and Stranraer on the basis of only part of a season or

(2) put his cards on the table as to what type of reconstruction he’s going to do to avoid that if the league is to be determined by points average.

Those proposing this motion know fine well that, whereas more (possibly even all) clubs might back reconstruction if it’s linked to changing the rules on this season and the financial payouts that result from it, there is an active disincentive for the clubs advantaged by that to oppose or abstain on reconstruction, with the political cover of “we already voted to change the rules”.

Absolutely no one is buying the 'sporting integrity' arguments that Sevco, Dundee and Falkirk are spinning. Falkirk even say they want to push for 'reconstruction', which basically means they'd vote for the proposal if they also went up, and would not give a shit about the teams close behind them who could potentially finish second. Transparent bullshit, and the talk from a couple of their fans about how they are keeping the league afloat and will boycott is this goes through, as well as the talk of how well run they are (despite scrapping their youth academy to throw money at their first team and end up relegated) is laughable and desperate.

Anyway, what integrity? Scottish football hasn't had it for many decades. Falkirk should know that better than many given the disgrace of what happened in 2000.

Edited by DA Baracus

13 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

Of course there isn’t one.

The SPFL knows this fine well but doesn’t want to own up to this.

They should tell us what all of their proposed rule changes are before asking us to vote on any of them.

Doncaster should just

(1) own up that he wants to relegate Hearts, Thistle and Stranraer on the basis of only part of a season or

(2) put his cards on the table as to what type of reconstruction he’s going to do to avoid that if the league is to be determined by points average.

Those proposing this motion know fine well that, whereas more (possibly even all) clubs might back reconstruction if it’s linked to changing the rules on this season and the financial payouts that result from it, there is an active disincentive for the clubs advantaged by that to oppose or abstain on reconstruction, with the political cover of “we already voted to change the rules”.

Dry yer fucking tears.

Some clubs might die but at least some Dundee fans can say they got it right up United.

Totally worth it if a club like say, Stranraer dies, even though United were going to win the league anyway.

Gotcha.
Regardless, I think any Dundee fan will admit  to putting our own club's interests first - what a shocker!  I'd also say  the vast majority of Dees are concerned about the proposals removing our chance of going up  - if they fucked up Utd that would merely be a welcome spin-off benefit.

For what it's worth I don't think dees should have been concerned about having a chance of going up before all this anyway.