The SPFL vote vote

Who done it?  

496 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, The DA said:

I think Rangers should feel free to pay for an independent tribunal.

I can just hear the howls of fury from our green n grey friends if we paid for an independent investigation, a good idea tbf but one that would be easily pounced upon by those with an agenda. 

18 minutes ago, bennett said:

I can just hear the howls of fury from our green n grey friends if we paid for an independent investigation, a good idea tbf but one that would be easily pounced upon by those with an agenda. 

Who do you expect to be on this independent tribunal and who do you think should pay for it?  I can just see the other 41 teams agreeing to pay £20K without having seen Rangers' evidence.

41 minutes ago, bennett said:

You do see how absurd that is. 

Hi Neil here's our grievance against you and your organisation, I'm sure that we can trust you and Rod McKenzie to get to the bottom of it.

An investigation of this nature has to be independent and impartial.

The police have a professional standards department to deal with police complaints, another great point though,  keep up the good work etc.

The SPFL can't launch any sort of investigation, independent or otherwise, until they know what it is they're actually supposed to be investigating.

13 minutes ago, The DA said:

Who do you expect to be on this independent tribunal and who do you think should pay for it?  I can just see the other 41 teams agreeing to pay £20K without having seen Rangers' evidence.

4FA5E782-0AFF-44C8-B8F8-F60956740765.jpeg.ed8845a6e1cf9f0fdda99e3843679d9f.jpeg

6 minutes ago, The DA said:

Fair points, and also - as I am 100% sure Rangers have calculated - setting up any kind of "independent enquiry" at this time (when the govt dont even know if they can facilitate jury trials) is going to take literally months.

Rangers have made this pronouncement (which, if you read it says hee haw) with nothing to back it up.

We are in the crazy world where people are asking Doncaster et al to defend themselves against claims which currently have no substance. Ludicrous, but not the first time that word and Rangers have been used in the same sentence.

Put up or shut up.

8 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The SPFL can't launch any sort of investigation, independent or otherwise, until they know what it is they're actually supposed to be investigating.

As the complaint is against those running the spfl there really is no other choice.

If they have nothing to hide then they'll be fully in agreement. 

Just now, paranoid android said:

Do folk really think there is nothing to be investigated here?

The point is - nobody knows - hence my (and lots of other) opinion that Sevco need to state what their smoking gun is.

But I am fairly sure you know that.

12 minutes ago, Green Day said:

The point is - nobody knows - hence my (and lots of other) opinion that Sevco need to state what their smoking gun is.

But I am fairly sure you know that.

I didn't know that - not sure why you've said that.

In my opinion, there was more than enough confusion from the voting process to warrant an investigation - if there is an investigation, we'll find out whether rangers have any evidence that we don't know about.

2 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

I didn't know that - not sure why you've said that.

In my opinion, there was more than enough confusion from the voting process to warrant an investigation - if there is an investigation, we'll find out whether rangers have any evidence that we don't know about.

How does that investigation work though?  Do Rangers expect the SPFL to engage a couple of QCs to look at the evidence?  Why would they do that?

10 hours ago, bennett said:

A fair and thorough investigation. 

SPFL chief Murdoch MacLennan is set to order a probe into Dundee’s mystery email.
SunSport understands the league chairman has decided they need to investigate the circumstances of how it supposedly went missing during last Friday’s vote

And that could even involve asking to check Dens Park secretary Eric Drysdale’s email account to provide time stamps.

The issue of what happened as the Tayside club tried to cast a decisive no ballot has become central to the fallout from the contentious vote to bring the current season to an end

Dundee secretary Drysdale claimed in a WhatsApp group with Partick Thistle and Inverness representatives that he’d pressed send on the correspondence at 4.48pm - but it didn’t arrive with the league

Now MacLennan feels he needs to dig deeper into the issue in search of answers.

He's clicked send then closed his emails while it's still in his outbox. Been there myself.

2 minutes ago, The DA said:

How does that investigation work though?  Do Rangers expect the SPFL to engage a couple of QCs to look at the evidence?  Why would they do that?

Fucked if I know.

Are we saying that there's nothing in place to make sure that an organisation like the SPFL is acting properly? Surely there must be.

44 minutes ago, bennett said:

As the complaint is against those running the spfl there really is no other choice.

If they have nothing to hide then they'll be fully in agreement. 

So they have no choice but to agree to an investigation but they don't know what exactly they have to investigate?