The SPFL vote vote

Who done it?  

496 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

The SPFL can't launch any sort of investigation, independent or otherwise, until they know what it is they're actually supposed to be investigating.

They could start with probing why the Ch Exec, in-house lawyer and Chairman concocted a board paper that Partick’s QC thinks can be taken to court as misleading. Just why would they do that?

1 minute ago, Pet Jeden said:

They could start with probing why the Ch Exec, in-house lawyer and Chairman concocted a board paper that Partick’s QC thinks can be taken to court as misleading. Just why would they do that?

Incompetence, but we don't know that yet. They have taken action that Thistle think can be challenged, hence they got a lawyer to draw up the details of how they see the case. 

The SPFL might realise they're cocked up and try to fix it, or they might get their own layers to defend their position.

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Incompetence, but we don't know that yet. They have taken action that Thistle think can be challenged, hence they got a lawyer to draw up the details of how they see the case. 

The SPFL might realise they're cocked up and try to fix it, or they might get their own layers to defend their position.

Aye just incompetence. That conveniently meant they produced a misleading board paper that just happened to suit the “independent” Chairman and lawyers team? Luckily, it suited Accies’ and Well’s board members at this precise time. Brechin’s vote needed something a little more brazen though. The key deceit was persuade the teams that money was tied to a yes vote. In my opinion, the members should now question every single utterance that comes from the Ch Exec, Chairman and lawyer.

Edited by Pet Jeden

The payment of prize money IS tied to the league positions being final. Anything else is a loan or an advance or something else. You can argue that they could have been more creative or imaginative in how they got clubs paid, but what they proposed was not wrong under the league rules.

I mean far be it for me to point out this correlation, but it's interesting that the two teams who are shouting the most were the ones who had massive benefits in comparison to the teams around them (fanbase, funding, stadium, squad sizes, the ability to sack managers mid season) yet still found themselves at the bottom of their league.

Could it be that they have just utterly failed and are now blaming all of Scotland for their failure? I'm sure less charitable people than I would say so.

I mean far be it for me to point out this correlation, but it's interesting that the two teams who are shouting the most were the ones who had massive benefits in comparison to the teams around them (fanbase, funding, stadium, squad sizes, the ability to sack managers mid season) yet still found themselves at the bottom of their league.
Could it be that they have just utterly failed and are now blaming all of Scotland for their failure? I'm sure less charitable people than I would say so.

What Inverness are bleating about, I have no idea, but yes, it does seem to be two teams with relegation all but inevitable that are trying to prevent relegation.

Just now, Savage Henry said:

What Inverness are bleating about, I have no idea, but yes, it does seem to be two teams with relegation all but inevitable that are trying to prevent relegation.

That's what a correlation is as Inverness and Rangers don't really fit into that claim.

6 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The payment of prize money IS tied to the league positions being final. Anything else is a loan or an advance or something else. You can argue that they could have been more creative or imaginative in how they got clubs paid, but what they proposed was not wrong under the league rules.

What happened with Gretna and their prize money?

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

But as the Partick QC points out, they needed to change their articles anyway in order to call the league at 30 games and cancel playoffs (even the mere 4 that threatened Brechin's place!). So those rule changes - no problem. But rule changes to release monies - no can do. Even gave what looks like deliberately unhelpful responses to Rangers late attempt to disagregate money from finalising the league. Come on Craig - you're an intelligent man. You can see that that stinks to high heaven

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

What happened with Gretna and their prize money?

They got paid the 12th place prize money in advance, and nobody has argued that this isn't a possibility for every club. But that would still leave most clubs still due a big chunk.