West of Scotland Football, What Is The Future?

2 minutes ago, Mr Happy said:

More fool the players for agreeing to this 🤷‍♂️they obviously have no consideration for their families,

Jeeze, I thought the arseholes at Darvel were bad enough, going cycling and sitting drinking. Then having the stupidity to post photos. emoji848.png

Guess people will just not listen emoji58.png

The more clubs test the rules the more likely the rules are to be reinforced too. Selfish. Would imagine the SFA can, if they wish, throw the book at clubs in breach of lockdown if it brings the clubs / leagues etc into disrepute.

Entirely possible in the alleged case quoted the players 'coincidentally' met up for a jog around the streets as no council facilties are open afaik and it was therefore unofficial. But still.  

3 minutes ago, alzar7 said:

So a 20 Team league that wont start till january at earliest .

7 relegated but maybe 5 farcical and vague .

Just making it up as they go along these people a laughing stock before its even begun. 

Only one laughing stock round here Traffers m93.

No matter how many times you post your angry screaming it wont change the fact that every Junior club in the West are now senior clubs and that the West Juniors are dead. Maybe time you accepted that its gone and embrace the future, it'll do wonders for your weltanschauung.

Just making it up as they go along these people a laughing stock before its even begun. 
Give it up traffordab or whatever you're going to call yourself tomorrow. You're the only joke on here. [emoji23]

9 minutes ago, alzar7 said:

In 2020 a pandemic hits Scotland and the SJFA ceases to be meaningful in the West. We will also have some of the worst world leaders since WW2. I hope this message reaches you back in 1985.

In 2020 a pandemic hits Scotland and the SJFA ceases to be meaningful in the West. We will also have some of the worst world leaders since WW2. I hope this message reaches you back in 1985.
He won't answer, he'll just come back tomorrow with yet another user name and post the same utter nonsense stuff.

15 minutes ago, glensmad said:

The two proposals on the table are 7 down from tier 6 next summer or 5 down from tier 6 over two seasons. Either way 3 teams are promoted to tier 6 in both seasons.

All that just so they could avoid making a difficult decision.

Do they reckon no one from West will be promoted then to Lowland League in the next 2 seasons..... [emoji848]
Incorrect, if a team is promoted from tier 6 and isn't replaced by a team being relegated from the Lowland League into the WoSFL, then one less team will be relegated from tier 6. Similarly if no team is promoted from tier 6 but a team is relegated from the Lowland League into the WoSFL, then an extra team will be relegated from tier 6.

Just throwing this in,as being down in England I don't see/hear all the news from Scotland : has there been anything about whether any clubs were close to folding ?  As to Arthurlie training, maybe they all wore body bags,masks,gloves, to stop the spread - why are these clubs jumping the gun, go back when it's safe, very clear to understand.

Incorrect, if a team is promoted from tier 6 and isn't replaced by a team being relegated from the Lowland League into the WoSFL, then one less team will be relegated from tier 6. Similarly if no team is promoted from tier 6 but a team is relegated from the Lowland League into the WoSFL, then an extra team will be relegated from tier 6.
Cool I get it now.

Once football gets going again it certainly will be a really competitive league with 3 or 4 of the top teams going for league and most of the rest scrapping to stay away from the 5 or 7 relegation spots.

6 hours ago, glensmad said:
7 hours ago, jimbaxters said:
All that just so they could avoid making a difficult decision.

It was the West Region SJFA who avoided making that difficult decision. The WoSFL were told by the SFA to take the existing Premiership teams.

No beef with the WoSFL. Whoever it was needs hunted.

Some paper talk today of the impact of sports breaching lockdown rules. Ian Murray has written to the top flight clubs to say that

"You will all appreciate that there will be enhanced media attention on squads as training gets underway and the behaviour of all our players and staff will be under scrutiny.

'We have been able to negotiate a dispensation for Premiership first team squads to return, however all involved should be under no illusions that breaches of the agreed parameters will lead to the Scottish Government removing our exemption."

Scotland's Health and Sports minister Joe FitzPatrick has written to governing bodies to warn of restrictions being written into law if golf and other sports fail to abide by existing guidelines.

I know i am late to the party- but i would just like to wish all clubs the very best and good luck in the new West of Scotland League.

It will have been a hard decision for a lot of clubs to have left the Junior scene after so long, but i know feel uses all have an opportunity to show case how good the level of football was!!  and i am sure it wont be long until we see teams sailing up through the divisions.

All the Best.

1 hour ago, nicotina said:

end of the pyramid   perhaps

pyramids were built on slavery ( israelites )

take it down brick by brick 

Afraid they weren't, trying to start a panic?

https://www.egypttoday.com/Article/4/88439/Hawass-‘The-Great-Pyramids-were-not-built-by-slaves’

Edited by Monalie