Ground improvement/works thread

1 hour ago, Black Pennel said:

Dunno mate, was it filmed in Kirkcaldy ?

Isn't Fife a bit puritanical for that sort of thing. More a Perthshire thing I'm sure. Bit more Liberal there.

Probably at they lodges near Pitlochry where Tommy Sheridan's missus introduced him to the high life.

9 hours ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

Nah to us locals that side of the flyover is Shieldhall. 50 pitches nowhere near Govan. (if anyone disagrees I can argue till the end of time where Linthouse, Drumoyne and all begin and end, family have lived in area since coming over in a boat late 19th century). 

Had forgotten about the 50. If I recall they were in the main red ash. Honestly can't remember about grass pitches but feel there was at least one for finals etc 

The very last one of the 50 Pitches is the present day St Anthony's ground at Shieldhall.

2 hours ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

Isn't Fife a bit puritanical for that sort of thing. More a Perthshire thing I'm sure. Bit more Liberal there.

Probably at they lodges near Pitlochry where Tommy Sheridan's missus introduced him to the high life.

image.thumb.png.2a694f462b1aec8c798f238ad147ccbd.png

10 hours ago, PossilYM said:

The very last one of the 50 Pitches is the present day St Anthony's ground at Shieldhall.

Ah, but that isnt an original 50 pitches pitch,  just claims to be cause its close. All the pitches were on the other side of the M8 which is now industrial units and the like.

What exactly is the works going on at Petershill park??  I caught a glimpse in passing and it looks big  project. 

Thistle trust run the stadium? 

How many senior teams play from it excluding youth teams .

Petershill 

Glasgow city woman 

Rossvale Locos 

Thistle woman's team 

Is that it? 

Edited by Parkranger

1 hour ago, Parkranger said:

What exactly is the works going on at Petershill park??  I caught a glimpse in passing and it looks big  project. 

Petershill 

Glasgow city woman 

Rossvale Locos 

Thistle woman's team 

Is that it? 

Don't know but it's plastic so whatever they're doing isn't worth bothering about.

6 hours ago, Parkranger said:

Petershill 

Glasgow city woman 

Rossvale Locos 

Thistle woman's team 

Is that it? 

New pitch and floodlights. The pitch is being made 2m wider down each side and the floodlights are 1000 lux.

5 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Don't know but it's plastic so whatever they're doing isn't worth bothering about.

That deserves a red dot or whatever its called.

If there wasn't a facility like Petershill Park in that area where would all the clubs that use it play. Not to mention the local kids/adults who probably have use of the facilities. Not a lot of good sports facilities in the area for the community.

Or would you prefer, because it's not grass that it just wasn't there.

Get out of your Beechwood Bubble.

Yes would love a perfect world where every single club has their own beautiful grass ground. But for a multitude of reasons that it's not possible.

If we want football to survive outside of the SPFL we need to be realistic and accept there is a need for these type of 'community' facilities.

2 hours ago, peasy23 said:

New pitch and floodlights. The pitch is being made 2m wider down each side and the floodlights are 1000 lux.

What will be ready first Petershill park or Ibrox.  

3 hours ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

If there wasn't a facility like Petershill Park in that area where would all the clubs that use it play. Not to mention the local kids/adults who probably have use of the facilities. Not a lot of good sports facilities in the area for the community.

Yes would love a perfect world where every single club has their own beautiful grass ground. But for a multitude of reasons that it's not possible.

If we want football to survive outside of the SPFL we need to be realistic and accept there is a need for these type of 'community' facilities.

Even inside the SPFL the majority of the best part time clubs in the country have 4g pitches. Very few part time clubs in SPFL with grass pitches now.

5 hours ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

4 hours ago, KirkyRobRoy said:

Talbot troll squad really are dying on this hill.

Beyond odd

Waynes World Fish GIF by Hollywood Suite

15 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Waynes World Fish GIF by Hollywood Suite

You see that would make sense if you hadn't told us all at length about your hatred for artificial pitches. But yep, call it fishing/trolling if that works for you 😉 

Get the impression your leader (Shanner) is getting a touch embarrassed by your posts, so keep it up 😆

2 minutes ago, KirkyRobRoy said:

You see that would make sense if you hadn't told us all at length about your hatred for artificial pitches. But yep, call it fishing/trolling if that works for you 😉 

Get the impression your leader (Shanner) is getting a touch embarrassed by your posts, so keep it up 😆

Confused Eyes GIF by MOODMAN

9 minutes ago, KirkyRobRoy said:

At length eh? Can you please show me where I have posted at length? 

I responded to the Petershill thing about plastic, jokingly as you and others have been posting eye-bleeding nonsense about it.

Just enjoy your new stadium and give us all peace, ya top hat!