West Development U20 League / Teams

8 hours ago, fieldsofdreams said:

56 teams confirmed, meeting being held tonight to discuss. 

Hopefully leagues a mixed and not regionalised i.e. a Paisley league, Ayrshire league, Glasgow league. 

Thanks.

Counted 54 teams listed. Wondering who Team 55 is?

Edited by Dev

9 hours ago, Dev said:

Thanks.

Counted 54 teams listed. Wondering who Team 55 is?

It had been a long day and I manged to miss Maryhill from Conference C. My apologies. 

6 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

What about 56?

The 56th club who we were expecting to join decided not to apply at the end up.

2 minutes ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

It had been a long day and I manged to miss Maryhill from Conference C. My apologies. 

I know you're a fan of this level of football Craig so hopefully I'm wrong but reckon we should run a sweep on how many will still be going at the end of the season.

I'll take 47!

2 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Cheers.

That's a big increase. Interesting to see Annan Athletic and Dumbarton buying into the idea too and, maybe, other SPFL clubs will look at doing so in the future.

Premier Div. has 12 teams; Div.1 has 12 teams; Div.2 has 9 teams and Div.3 has 10 teams and Div.4 has 9 teams. That a fair spread of interest throughout the league.

Just now, Dev said:

Cheers.

That's a big increase. Interesting to see Annan Athletic and Dumbarton buying into the idea too and, maybe, other SPFL clubs will look at doing so in the future.

Premier Div. has 12 teams; Div.1 has 12 teams; Div.2 has 9 teams and Div.3 has 10 teams and Div.4 has 9 teams. That a fair spread of interest throughout the league.

They are all run differently and treated differently by the first team and committees.  Some teams have players not paying any money at all.  Some teams have to find their own sponsorship and players having to pay money.  As the years go on and teams/committees gain more experience then the U20s should settle down to a level number and be productive for the first team and the clubs.

Guest MickGarvey
12 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

We are confirmed at 55 teams. 4 regionalised conferences. Season will start on the 4th of August with the Player Data League Cup Sections. 14 sections, winners and 2 best runners up into the Last 16.

Conference A
Annan Athletic
Bellshill Athletic
Blantyre Victoria
Cambuslang Rangers
East Kilbride Thistle
Lanark United
Larkhall Thistle
Lochar Thistle
Newmains United
Royal Albert
Shotts Bon Accord
Thorniewood United
Threave Rovers
Wishaw

Conference B
Ashfield
Benburb
Easterhouse
Finnart
Gartcairn
Giffnock SC
Kilsyth Athletic
Kirkintilloch Rob Roy
Pollok
Rossvale
St Cadoc’s
St Roch’s
Vale of Clyde
West Park United

Conference C
Clydebank
Dumbarton
Glasgow University
Greenock Juniors
Johnstone Burgh
Knightswood

Maryhill
Renfrew
St Anthony’s
St Peter’s
Thorn Athletic
Vale of Leven
Yoker Athletic

Conference D
Ardrossan Winton Rovers
Auchinleck Talbot
Arthurlie
Bonnyton Thistle
Cumnock Juniors
Dalry Thistle
Darvel
Girvan
Irvine Meadow XI
Kilwinning Rangers
Maybole Juniors
Neilston
Troon
Whitletts Victoria

Hopefully those who run Scottish Football learn from this excellent model of regionalisation and adopt it from Scottish Championship downwards. It works in England why not here?

Whilst this is only under 20s football, its a shame that non league pay days and derby matches take priority over true sporting merit.

Interesting from my perspective with following Div 4 last term.

Only Campbeltown and Eglinton who don't have a development team entered. Good to see the new clubs buying in and committing to the concept of player pathway.

4 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

League Cup sections for the big kick off on Friday 4th August. 

Can't wait to get started  

20230624_111749.jpg

20230624_111751.jpg

20230624_111753.jpg

20230624_111755.jpg

44 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

With Annan in the division assume that means a team from above the WOSL can opt for the West development league if suits them better than the LL Development league?

11 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

You missed Dumbarton as well.

Haha. It must be murder for the boys posting things like this. There's always someone waiting to point out a mistake. 😂

8 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Haha. It must be murder for the boys posting things like this. There's always someone waiting to point out a mistake. 😂

It's not exactly a mistake 50+ teams. Annan catches the eye because it was the 1st name in Conference A and then the 1st name of Section 1. It's easy to get lost in a sea of badges.

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

It's not exactly a mistake 50+ teams. Annan catches the eye because it was the 1st name in Conference A and then the 1st name of Section 1. It's easy to get lost in a sea of badges.

Aye I know pal. Not having a go. Your knowledge on the level is great, it's just funny.

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, passbackdave said:

Bankies v sons of rock 1st game. The old rivalry cannie wait

Mon the papers

I love the fact that there's so many local derbies in the sections. I'm really excited to get the competition started. It's been a lot of work for me and the committee and now having fixtures to look forward to is finally making it seem real.