League Reconstruction 20/21 season

The 7/7 split argument, I completely see the argument about the Austria/Germany potential and of course this could happen. But you also have the potential of a nail biting end for the team not playing and supporting (for 1 week) a team, that could potentially save them from the drop. 

Can you imagine the bantz if Hearts (with a better goal difference) are 1 or 2 points clear of United in the relegation spot, Hearts have played all their games and it's Hibs v United on the last game of the season?

Would Hearts fans back Hibs? Would Hibs fans back United? Oh the possibility for drama!

Edited by johnnydun

What is the requirement to get any vote passed? Or are we working on new rules? I'd sincerely hope that my club would tell them to bolt if it came to just a temp reconstruction.
I will be genuinely surprised if they get 11 Premiership clubs to vote for any proposed reconstruction - I can't see Rangers voting for it - only one other dissenting vote and it does not pass.

Needing an 11/1 vote for any changes to the top flight means any proposal for reconstruction is in all likelihood a big non starter. Unless there's no change to the prize money structure which I think requires a lower amount of yes votes. (what's that all about?). 

The bigger question should be how the other SPL teams have found themselves in such a master / servant position in the first place. Let's change these restrictions before worrying about how many teams should be in any league. 

To the SPL teams, stand up for yourselves ffs. As has been suspected since any of us knew what football was, in the current setup, the big two in theory, but also in practice, can call the shots if they see fit. 

Of course every club will see things to suit themselves but there's got to be an acceptance that there's a bigger picture for the knock on effect of youth development and knock on benefits to the National teams. Playing teams 4 times a season isn't healthy whatever way you look at it. Do any other leagues throughout the world do the same? 

Sadly it's taken a Chinese national eating a bat, subsequent global pandemic and Hearts being bottom pre lockdown, to talk about making improvements to our national game, hopefully for the greater good and not just for the few. 

I'm sincerely hoping for the best but fearing it'll be a futile exercise. 

Edited by BukyOHare

17 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Needing an 11/1 vote for any changes to the top flight means any proposal for reconstruction is in all likelihood a big non starter. Unless there's no change to the prize money structure which I think requires a lower amount of yes votes. (what's that all about?). 

The bigger question should be how the other SPL teams have found themselves in such a master / servant position in the first place. Let's change these restrictions before worrying about how many teams should be in any league. 

There was an attempt to change it when Rangers died but Aberdeen (Stewart Milne) voted with Celtic 

2 minutes ago, Bose said:

There was an attempt to change it when Rangers died but Aberdeen (Stewart Milne) voted with Celtic 

That worked out well for him. It was a clear power play to seize the power vacuum left by Rangers, however instead of the big two ending up Celtic and Aberdeen, it just turned out to be a top one, with "the new Rangers" waiting in the wings.

By George I've got it!

Top league of 16 play each other twice.

Top 4 play again twice for title.

Bottom 4 play again twice for relegation.

Middle split into 2 leagues of 4 for a
European spot.

36 games. 4 sacred old firm games. (probably)

Everybody's a winner [emoji4]

21 minutes ago, Bose said:

Correct he thought they could step into  the place that “Rangers”  vacated and look how that worked out for them

Stewart Milne a pompous p***k of a man 

1 minute ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Correct he thought they could step into  the place that “Rangers”  vacated and look how that worked out for them

Stewart Milne a pompous p***k of a man 

To change the  articles of association you need an 11-1 vote so never going to happen

The clubs shat themselves when the SPL was set up and agreed to the this 11-1 voting rules 

No self respecting organisation would agree to such a undemocratic voting system but HeHo Scottish football jumped in with both feet and their eyes open  

As they what goes around comes around and this voting regime has come back to haunt them 

57 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

To the SPL teams, stand up for yourselves ffs. As has been suspected since any of us knew what football was, in the current setup, the big two in theory, but also in practice, can call the shots if they see fit. 

Of course every club will see things to suit themselves but there's got to be an acceptance that there's a bigger picture for the knock on effect of youth development and knock on benefits to the National teams. Playing teams 4 times a season isn't healthy whatever way you look at it. Do any other leagues throughout the world do the same? 

Sadly it's taken a Chinese national eating a bat, subsequent global pandemic and Hearts being bottom pre lockdown, to talk about making improvements to our national game, hopefully for the greater good and not just for the few. 

I'm sincerely hoping for the best but fearing it'll be a futile exercise. 

There are no SPL teams. 

The SPL ceased to exist many years ago.

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
22 hours ago, Ric said:
What is the requirement to get any vote passed? Or are we working on new rules? I'd sincerely hope that my club would tell them to bolt if it came to just a temp reconstruction.

I will be genuinely surprised if they get 11 Premiership clubs to vote for any proposed reconstruction - I can't see Rangers voting for it - only one other dissenting vote and it does not pass.

giphy.gif

To listen to Budge you'd think reconstruction was a proposal to save mankind. It's only relegation. It happens to many clubs every single season.

And Hearts have the 4th highest budget in Scotland. They'll be back up in 12 months.

Just go doon quietly.

5 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

To listen to Budge you'd think reconstruction was a proposal to save mankind. It's only relegation. It happens to many clubs every single season.

And Hearts have the 4th highest budget in Scotland. They'll be back up in 12 months.

Just go doon quietly.

Of course she officially hands over the clubs to the fans in the Summer, and after years of proclaiming herself "Queen of Hearts"/"Saviour of Hearts", she'll be wanting a massive fanfare made over her when this is complete.

Praise from every corner about turning them around financially and where they started etc., imagine her trying to pull that off with a straight face after theyve massively overspent this season and found themselves in the Championship. 

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Praise from every corner about turning them around financially and where they started etc., imagine her trying to pull that off with a straight face after theyve massively overspent this season and found themselves in the Championship. 

I am stunned there hasn't been more pushback from other clubs on this point. Under Gilmour we would have been first out of the traps to give the "aye, is that right is it?" line, it seems under Gordon Scott we are a little more subdued. I've said it already, I presume the Brown family having a good laugh at the claim too.

I get now isn't the time to start another fight, but she really needs to be put in her place before people simply accept the premise more money == no relegation.

In my "auld c**t" lifetime, which by the way isn't that old imo, there have been plenty decent forwards at Saints.  Brogan, Grant, Wright, O'Boyle, Scotland, Sandaza are all better than what we have just now, never mind better than Chris fucking Kane. 
The list for better than Chris Kane would take me all afternoon to type up.
Yet all those had their very own particular skill set.

I'm not old enough to have seen Brogan.

Paul Wright from memory wasn't a technically brilliant player in terms of taking the ball down or spreading the play but what a finisher he was.

Grant had just about the lot. Just slower than a week in the jail. In some ways Callum Hendry reminds me a bit of a young Roddy, though Callum is a wee bit quicker. There was a Roddy goal in a 4-1 demolition job of Falkirk at Brockville that I can never forget, outside of the left foot, from the far left of the box. It was unreal.

O'Boyle, just another level. Why he played for Saints for so long in the First Division I'll never know. Could and should have played at a much higher level in his prime.

Scotland was another incredible talent, far too good for the league we were in. Lazy as hell, but a scorer of goals of any kind. Great to watch.

Sandaza, no doubting his ability. Just couldn't ever take to him for some reason.

All in all though, it's frightening that one of our main forwards now, in the top league, wouldn't get near our reserve side in various second level teams.

That's when you really know times have changed.

38 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Just go doon quietly.

It's not as if they haven't been relegated before...