League Reconstruction 20/21 season

20 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Have  you read any of the preceding posts, club statements or media reports

Of course,  but this is just about the club's below the top flight, doing the right thing, you cannot disagree, that Brora and Kelty have been shafted

Edited by ecto

13 minutes ago, ecto said:

Of course,  but this is just about the club's below the top flight, doing the right thing, you cannot disagree, that Brora and Kelty have been shafted

Yes, I do, but bringing new clubs in needs the top tier to agree, they've kicked reconstruction out the park. The L2 clubs have a!so been absolutely clear what they think of promoting non-league teams. The only way it'll happen now is when clubs start to go tits up.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

14 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Yes, I do, but bringing new clubs in needs the top tier to agree, they've kicked reconstruction out the park. The L2 clubs have a!so been absolutely clear what they think of promoting non-league teams. The only way it'll happen now is when clubs start to go tits up.

only 9 clubs should really be against this, that's everyone who finished below Cove, it makes no difference to the rest, at all

4 minutes ago, ecto said:

only 9 clubs should really be against this, that's everyone who finished below Cove, it makes no difference to the rest, at all

L2 clubs made their position clear about 2 weeks ago. They stuck together all expressed a wish for 3x14, part of that was to prevent promotion and losing an existing club.

In addition, any move to increase the total number of clubs needs the 11-1 approval of the top teams. They have now said there will be no reconstruction as at least 6 have said they don't want it.

1 minute ago, Jammyp said:

Any idea why the 6 don't want any form of reconstruction

As far as I gathered, they just dont want reconstruction right now.

Most just want to focus, and have the league focus, on how to survive this. Its mentioned that reconstruction talks can start again, if theres an appetite for it, once we're through this pandemic.

I'll stick my neck out and say all the clubs mewling about reconstruction likely won't want it in 12 months when they likely find themselves promoted etc., anyway.

5 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

L2 clubs made their position clear about 2 weeks ago. They stuck together all expressed a wish for 3x14, part of that was to prevent promotion and losing an existing club.

In addition, any move to increase the total number of clubs needs the 11-1 approval of the top teams. They have now said there will be no reconstruction as at least 6 have said they don't want it.

I understand that, no clubs from L2 will be lost in fact a further 2 will be promoted in 12-12-10-10, L1 will also have 2 clubs promoted to the championship, the rest it matters very little

4 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Did you expect them to support a reduction in their income for the greater good?

It was self interest all the way

Just now, ecto said:

I understand that, no clubs from L2 will be lost in fact a further 2 will be promoted in 12-12-10-10, L1 will also have 2 clubs promoted to the championship, the rest it matters very little

Right I shouldn't have included the losing a club bit. But why are you not understanding the rest? It's been decided, the top tier have said they won't support reconstruction.

12 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Right I shouldn't have included the losing a club bit. But why are you not understanding the rest? It's been decided, the top tier have said they won't support reconstruction.

Everyone knows the top flight put self interest first and not the good of the game, so what is wrong with putting forward a suggestion of reconstruction that did not effect them and see what happens, what have we got to lose

27 minutes ago, Jammyp said:

Any idea why the 6 don't want any form of reconstruction

It would have been more than 6.They would have got to 6 and realised they didnt need to go on.No one wanted or needed reconstruction.

Its just heeping one teams problems on everyone else.

Just now, ecto said:

Everyone knows the top flight put self interest first and not the good of the game, so what is wrong with putting forward a suggestion of reconstruction that did not effect them and see what happens, what have we got to lose

Last time.

L2 don't want the non-league teams in. Top tier have said they don't want reconstruction. Therefore any proposal will fail.

Just now, Sparticus said:

It would have been more than 6.They would have got to 6 and realised they didnt need to go on.No one wanted or needed reconstruction.

Its just heeping one teams problems on everyone else.

Think this is probably right

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Last time.

L2 don't want the non-league teams in. Top tier have said they don't want reconstruction. Therefore any proposal will fail.

you may well be right, pity

2 minutes ago, ecto said:

You realise that League Two clubs fucked over the vote by saying that they would only vote for a 14-14-14 set up that didnt involve Brora/Kelty coming up dont you?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/edinburgh-city-back-new-league-18159333.amp&ved=0ahUKEwij5fmdpabpAhUzThUIHas9CLQ4ChDIzwEIUzAJ&usg=AOvVaw3u41p9tfA0oZAZqCANuci7&ampcf=1

Literally no other option was put to top flight sides other than 14-14-14, as the League Two sides grenaded any talks that involved Kelty/Brora getting promoted.

If you're on about self interest ruining the talks, you're targeting the wrong people.