League Reconstruction 20/21 season

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

You think you're being smug, but I can't understand why?

It's not that difficult.

You can't actually 'think' you're being smug - you either choose to be smug or don't. So even at the second time of asking your attempted comeback still makes absolutely f**k all sense.

Thanks for playing anyway.

post-11540-14553498421188_thumb.jpg

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

SPFL clubs open to serious reconstruction have now blown two once in a lifetime opportunities of leverage, first with the death of Rangers, now with the death of many more. God save Premiership greed and general self interest. Whoever chose the working party weren't daft, the pick was to guarantee conflict.

They didn't really have any leverage at all though, as these talks have shown. The only SPFL clubs who had anything to gain from reconstruction were Hearts, Inverness, Thistle, Falkirk and Edinburgh City, while there are 11 Premiership clubs who have absolutely nothing to gain and could always quite happily go "lol no" as they have done today.

1 minute ago, virginton said:

You can't actually 'think' you're being smug - you either choose to be smug or don't. So even at the second time of asking your attempted comeback still makes absolutely f**k all sense.

Thanks for playing anyway.

post-11540-14553498421188_thumb.jpg

Of course you can think you're being smug. You think you are. Another minter from you.

All that's missing is a picture of Michael Portillo on a train and we have a full house of Virginton boredom.

4 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Was this heads gone seething mess of a statement the work of WelshBairn by any chance? :lol:

It's glorious. I wish I could manage the brazen, irony-free swagger of a club that is acting entirely out of self-preservation, accusing other clubs of acting entirely out of self-preservation.

10 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Was this heads gone seething mess of a statement the work of WelshBairn by any chance? :lol:

"As a club we must do what we’ve always done, let our performances on the pitch do the talking"

Not sure how that'll help based on recent history.

7 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Wonder who the 6 clubs are?

I would be confident on the Holy Trinity/Rebel Treble being three of them:

St Mirren (always up for sticking the boot into Hearts, the magnificent gid c***s)

Hibs (wishful thinking perhaps but I can't see why we'd be onboard with it)

Celtic ("haha diet h*ns go down lol")

13 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Of all the hilarity in there, my favourite bit is definitely the third tier club planning to "take our place in the top division"

1 minute ago, HibsFan said:

I would be confident on the Holy Trinity/Rebel Treble being three of them:

St Mirren (always up for sticking the boot into Hearts, the magnificent gid c***s)

Hibs (wishful thinking perhaps but I can't see why we'd be onboard with it)

Celtic ("haha diet h*ns go down lol")

One has got to be Hibs.  Budge has always had snidey wee condescending digs at Dempster in the press such as "they can over to see how it was done", pish like that, whereas Hibs say nowt.

I'd like to think Dempster was biding her time.  Will hopefully find out soon enough - this is turning out to be like an episode of Coronation Street.

That Falkirk statement is the cherry on the cake.

Delicious heads gone from the greeting bairns.

Now we just need the similar tear stained releases from Hearts and Sevco.

Can’t. Wait.

3 minutes ago, Lex said:

That Falkirk statement is the cherry on the cake.

Delicious heads gone from the greeting bairns.

Now we just need the similar tear stained releases from Hearts and Sevco.

Can’t. Wait.

Did Rangers support reconstruction? For the sake of transparency we need a statement. 

44 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

They didn't really have any leverage at all though, as these talks have shown. The only SPFL clubs who had anything to gain from reconstruction were Hearts, Inverness, Thistle, Falkirk and Edinburgh City, while there are 11 Premiership clubs who have absolutely nothing to gain and could always quite happily go "lol no" as they have done today.

I was naive enough to think that enough clubs would consider revitalising Scottish football for when it eventually relaunches would be a worthwhile goal. The same old might not be enough when people have got used to finding other things to do on a Saturday afternoon.

22 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Of all the hilarity in there, my favourite bit is definitely the third tier club planning to "take our place in the top division"

Since the mid 70s reconstruction of the leagues Falkirk have spent less time in the top division than Inverness, a club that didn't join the league until 19 seasons later. Next season will see Hamilton move ahead of them in time spent in the top flight since the reorganisation.

Their deluded fanbase and board thinking they are a top flight club is laughable.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

I was naive enough to think that enough clubs would consider revitalising Scottish football for when it eventually relaunches would be a worthwhile goal. The same old might not be enough when people have got used to finding other things to do on a Saturday afternoon.

There are probably times when people have found other things to do, but I'm not sure lockdown is one of them.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

when people have got used to finding other things to do on a Saturday afternoon.

Aye staying in or going for 60 minutes exercise is far far better than watching Falkirk. What exactly are you doing right now on a Saturday afternoon that is better than football?