League Reconstruction 20/21 season

22 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Is that why Ayr voted the way they did? Ian McColl? Call the leagues and miss out on a possible play-off place?

I did wonder a few months back, but thought nah. Too petty. Don't even mention it. Sssake

He was great as Tam in City Lights.

Edited by FTOF

'And what might James Anderson think of Scottish football putting self interest and vindictive insularity before the greater good'

I can definitely see the manager for the UK's most well known investment trust pulling £3m from a charity within a week of pledging it. 

30 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Probably.

Thistle fans should be asking their board why they haven't put this forward. It is time to abandon Hearts sinking ship.

It solves the problem for all the Prem clubs, Thistle, Stranraer, Kelty and Brora. Bumps up Falkirk and Edinburgh City too. It would take a minimal amount of money prizemoney changes.

And best of all - the only club that get bumped are Hearts.

Wouldn't it reek of rank hypocrisy, though? Why restructure to save Thistle and Stranraer, but not Hearts? 

It's fuckin sport. That means every time you go out you go out to win. If the League stops then you are where you deserve to be. Relegation is part of the game. Accept it and stop blaming everyone else for your inadequasies.

Just now, Sinner-to-Saint said:

Wouldn't it reek of rank hypocrisy, though? Why restructure to save Thistle and Stranraer, but not Hearts? 

I don't quite think this is the thread for you.

Stick to getting excited about new strips.

3 minutes ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

Hypocrisy is fine though, Scottish football and all that.  12 12 10 10 works for the vast majority and has none of the downsides of a 14 team format which would be awful for the future of the game

6 minutes ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

Maybe because it doesn’t force a dreadful 14 team premiership on the teams that managed to win more than 4 games last season?

Edited by flood

1 minute ago, NorthBank said:

It's fuckin sport. That means every time you go out you go out to win. If the League stops then you are where you deserve to be. Relegation is part of the game. Accept it and stop blaming everyone else for your inadequasies.

I stuck that in a translator, sounded like a great motto for the SPFL to put on their headed notepaper when next corresponding Hearts.

Relegation est pars ludum. Suscipe eam, et prohibere probos omnibus pro inadequacies.

19 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I don't quite think this is the thread for you.

Stick to getting excited about new strips.

Why, because I'm not gleeful that Hearts have been unfairly relegated? If Saints had been bottom of the league you'd have a different perspective, so where are your principles?

I look forward to Sportsound having Leslie Deans in as guest presenter next Saturday to tell us all about how Hearts should stay up and that a 14 team top league has no conceivable disadvantages. Although TBF to Richard Gordon and the lads today, they did a fine job of pushing that agenda without him.