League Reconstruction 20/21 season

2 minutes ago, MegaRichJambos said:

Whatever the SPFL said it was 15 minutes before the last vote was cast, -1/+1

It was pretty big news at the time.

The vote was to end the Championship, League 1, League 2, hand out final position monies, cancel the play offs and enter into reconstruction talks. Nothing to do with the league Hearts were in at the time.

There was also a vote to end The Premier by Premier League clubs only, this would have had a direct impact on Hearts, how did they vote on this?

3 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

No, they are saying that Dundee's vote was cast as 'No' and that should have been final at that stage. 

If that had me and I believed that I would have bailed out of everything there and then.  I wouldn’t have got involved in all sorts of reconstruction attempts.  It make it look like they have accepted the situation and even given tacit approval.

Guest Flash
21 minutes ago, Bose said:

There are plenty of screenshots of bits of the petition all over Twitter. The bits I’ve seen comes down to the Dundee vote.  The opinion is that the original Dundee vote should stand and therefore the season shouldn’t have been called.  

Is that not what the gist of the Thistle QC’s Opinion was back in April?

https://ptfc.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/2020.04.14-FINAL-Joint-Opinion-PTFC.pdf

12 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

Just when you think Pet Jeden and JTS98 are vying for the idiot Hearts troll award, along comes this MegaJambo buffoon. Sure this is a Hibbee at it 😂

JTS98 is pure Trump, says something daft, gets taken apart, pretends he never said or we're too thick to understand it, then says something dafter to distract from the first daftness. Except unfortunately not limited to 280 characters.

Edited by welshbairn

Just now, welshbairn said:

JTS98 is pure Trump, says something daft, gets taken apart, then says something dafter to distract from the first daftness. Except unfortunately not limited to 280 characters.

I do think initially JTS98 was attempting actual debate, but having been rinsed several times it's now just out and out trolling. Pet is just a fucking idiot, somehow making a poorer job of shitposting than Bennett. 

5 minutes ago, Bose said:

If that had me and I believed that I would have bailed out of everything there and then.  I wouldn’t have got involved in all sorts of reconstruction attempts.  It make it look like they have accepted the situation and even given tacit approval.

Agree, but they will suggest they tried to put this aside 'for the good of the game' to try and find a solution. 

This thread is like a club that's just shut the bar, it's 3am, the music's stopped, the lights have come up and all that's left are the drunkards with nowhere to go and those desperate for a pull.  Nothing anyone says is going to get the music back on or open the bar again.

I'll leave you to work out which one of you falls into which category.

Me? I'm the one shouting, "Come on, you all have homes to go to, drink up and be on your way!", while cashing up.

Just now, Bose said:

That is what they are saying and that the vote should be set aside. So then back and vote again?   Wonder how that would end up? 

Nah they now don't want the vote set aside, just the bits that relegate/promote. 

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

Nah they now don't want the vote set aside, just the bits that relegate/promote. 

Seems they want a null and void but are terrified of a Celtic so they will let them keep the title. 

2 minutes ago, Ric said:

This thread is like a club that's just shut the bar, it's 3am, the music's stopped, the lights have come up and all that's left are the drunkards with nowhere to go and those desperate for a pull.  Nothing anyone says is going to get the music back on or open the bar again.

I'll leave you to work out which one of you falls into which category.

Me? I'm the one shouting, "Come on, you all have homes to go to, drink up and be on your way!", while cashing up.

The Dee's are the ones waiting outside to give the Jambo's a kickin' for talking shite about them.

Just now, johnnydun said:

The Dee's are the ones waiting outside to give the Jambo's a kickin' for talking shite about them.

I would have thought that would happen at the local chippy/kebab place, to avoid the bouncers at the club getting involved.. ;)

Maybe late night throwing out time has changed since my "formative years".

Just now, Ric said:

I would have thought that would happen at the local chippy/kebab place, to avoid the bouncers at the club getting involved.. ;)

Maybe late night throwing out time has changed since my "formative years".

Nah, the bouncers are Hibs bois and will turn a blind eye to this.

6 hours ago, AyrExile said:

Perhaps some extra compensation offered might have generated goodwill in a tough situation. If this was all about preservation of the sky deal then use some of this to try and pacify the affected clubs. On top of being relegated they are having to sook up a reduced season or one that might not start

Is there a parachute payment for a team going down from the Premiership after a play off, that money is not being paid out this year so could be spread amongst the three bandit clubs.

Just now, ropy said:

Is there a parachute payment for a team going down from the Premiership after a play off, that money is not being paid out this year so could be spread amongst the three bandit clubs.

Or more fairly split amongst the 3 teams denied a play off.