League Reconstruction 20/21 season

Just now, Billy Jean King said:
2 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

That's simply a QCs evidence being reported not a judgement ffs.

I know, was hoping I'd get a few jumpers.

48 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Aye, that's the temptation.

The podcast discussed something similar to that recently. I think QPR and Fulham were given as the two recent-ish examples of clubs who spent their way up by blowing so much cash that when they went back down they'd still lost money on the whole adventure despite their short-lived Premier League tenures.

A bit like Dundee United running at a large loss and an unsustainable wage/ turnover ratio last season to gain promotion?

Apparently Ogren has off-set this partially with loans but I'm not sure if that's for the debt in-situ when he took over.  

Personally the best solution would be for it to squeak by enough to get to a full court hearing, then fail when it gets there. That way, no compensation and Hearts are left both with a hefty bill and at least a season in the Championship.

If it goes to SFA arbitration the result of their relegation will be the same, but I can see Hearts getting some sort of tacit payoff to appease their seething masses. Successful businesswoman Ann Budge gets to walk away with the claim "it's not our fault, we tried everything but the system was against us, however through our perseverance and valiant efforts we did negotiate compensation"

Edited by Ric

Guest JTS98
3 minutes ago, jagfox BLM said:

A bit like Dundee United running at a large loss and an unsustainable wage/ turnover ratio last season to gain promotion?

Apparently Ogren has off-set this partially with loans but I'm not sure if that's for the debt in-situ when he took over.  

I'm not really up on the United situation. But it certainly seems common down south that owners finance the operation by loaning the club money. Sometimes with interest, sometimes without. This is often the sticking point when the owner wants out and hangs around in a disinterested fashion waiting in vain for someone to appear with an offer of the money he's loaned them. It often doesn't happen and things get messy.

There's an interesting thing just now around the proposed Sunderland sale where the owner from the tv series seems to be banking on being paid back in that fashion by the new owner. All depends on whether anyone is willing to do it. If not, you end up with an owner either taking a huge financial hit or just hanging around not interested in the club. It's a fine line.

3 minutes ago, Ric said:

Personally the best solution would be for it to squeak by enough to get to a full court hearing, then fail when it gets there. That way, no compensation Hearts are left both with a hefty bill and at least a season in the Championship.

If it goes to SFA arbitration the result of their relegation will be the same, but I can see Hearts getting some sort of tacit payoff to appease their seething masses. Successful businesswoman Ann Budge gets to walk away with the claim "it's not our fault, we tried everything but the system was against us, however through our perseverance and valiant efforts we did negotiate compensation"

I remember Doncaster mentioning on Sportsound that enhanced compensation could be discussed, ages ago. Always looked the most likely result, more like £1 or 2 million than 8 though.

Edited by welshbairn

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I remember Doncaster mentioning on Sportsound that enhanced compensation could be discussed, ages ago. Always looked the most likely result, more like £2 million than 8 though.

It would get put to a vote & fail like all other options. 

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I remember Doncaster mentioning on Sportsound that enhanced compensation could be discussed, ages ago. Always looked the most likely result, more like £1 or 2 million than 8 though.

£1 million split evenly between Hearts, Partick and Stranraer should do it.

4 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

It would get put to a vote & fail like all other options. 

Surely the sinister machiavellian tentacles of Lawwell and Doncaster can easily rig the vote to give the Jambos whatever beads and bobbins they want to be able to save face while they f**k off?

Seems kindof odd that according to you they've suddently stopped being able to win a vote after all this time that Jambos have spent arguing that they are the Omnipotent Scottish Fitba' Overlords.

Edited by Aim Here

18 minutes ago, jagfox BLM said:

13 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

I'm not really up on the United situation. But it certainly seems common down south that owners finance the operation by loaning the club money. Sometimes with interest, sometimes without. This is often the sticking point when the owner wants out and hangs around in a disinterested fashion waiting in vain for someone to appear with an offer of the money he's loaned them. It often doesn't happen and things get messy.

There's an interesting thing just now around the proposed Sunderland sale where the owner from the tv series seems to be banking on being paid back in that fashion by the new owner. All depends on whether anyone is willing to do it. If not, you end up with an owner either taking a huge financial hit or just hanging around not interested in the club. It's a fine line.

Dundee United's model is stupid and mentally short sighted, even more so consider the lessons of the fairly recent past, a couple of which are just across the street from them.

I remain surprised that Dundee United fans seem so blase about it. They should be asking some very serious questions and should have started doing so a long time ago. 

I don't really understand the concept of Hearts demanding to receive more money than teams who performed a lot better than them throughout the season. An extra £150,000-200,000 would maybe make sense as an acknowledgement that they could have hypothetically finished a couple of places higher (+ a small additional payment as a generous sweetener).

I suppose you could also add a small proportion of the lost income from being in the Championship rather than the Premiership, but I don't think there's any need to be overly charitable.

Edited by The Real Saints

8 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Surely the sinister machiavellian tentacles of Lawwell and Doncaster can easily rig the vote to give the Jambos whatever beads and bobbins they want to be able to save face while they f**k off?

Seems kindof odd that according to you they've suddently stopped being able to win a vote after all this time that Jambos have spent arguing that they are the Omnipotent Scottish Fitba' Overlords.

The vote would fail as to many chairmen think f**k them they can afford it.  Hopefully it goes the distance in court. I trust the law of the land long before any SFA whitewash.

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Dundee United's model is stupid and mentally short sighted, even more so consider the lessons of the fairly recent past, a couple of which are just across the street from them.

I remain surprised that Dundee United fans seem so blase about it. They should be asking some very serious questions and should have started doing so a long time ago. 

i'm not defending the 84% shared in the top flight but it will ease the pain for the terrors.

13 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

The vote would fail as to many chairmen think f**k them they can afford it.  Hopefully it goes the distance in court. I trust the law of the land long before any SFA whitewash.

And so you now acknowledge that the chairmen of the clubs have their own opinions and ideas and aren't hypnotized by the wiles of Neil Doncaster?

You do realise that the entire petition is predicated on the exact opposite - that thirty chairmen were coerced and misled into voting in ways that 'no reasonable member' would have, because of Doncaster's Superhuman Kilgrave-like mind control abilities...

Edited by Aim Here

36 minutes ago, Munoz said:

£1 million split evenly between Hearts, Partick and Stranraer should do it.

They should get f**k all.

Hearts are already a rich club who will benefit from a considerable parachute payment. Partick were bankrolled by a multi-million pound lottery winner.

These two clubs are complaining that somehow all the massive benefits they had in terms of club size and funding (relative to those around them in the league) were not enough and that something that has effected every club in the country should somehow result in a pay off specific to them?

Aye, bolt, ya charlatans.

Edited by Ric

13 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

I don't really understand the concept of Hearts demanding to receive more money than teams who performed a lot better than them throughout the season. An extra £150,000-200,000 would maybe make sense as an acknowledgement that they could have hypothetically finished a couple of places higher (+ a small additional payment as a generous sweetener).

I suppose you could also add a small proportion of the lost income from being in the Championship rather than the Premiership, but I don't think there's any need to be overly charitable.

I’d tell them to go f**k themselves for taking the piss by asking for 8million in the first place.