League Reconstruction 20/21 season

Just now, JTS98 said:

People are just commenting on something the judge said during the discussion. I think that if the judge considered a point worth revisiting and said it would impact his view, then it might be important. Otherwise why would he say it was?

I have no doubt it is important. I would simply dispute the spin put on it by JKB posters currently hanging Mission Accomplised banners over the place.

11 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

The Dundee vote affair is a red herring. It doesn't look to me to be a major part of the case for the petition, and if they're arguing over it, it's more likely to be whether Dundee is allowed to change their vote or whether it materially affects anything anyways.

It’s not a red herring. 

What has been established in court so far is that Hearts/Partick are looking full disclosure from the SPFL & especially documents concerning the vote - in particular Dundee's vote. Gerry Moynihan QC has admitted in court was received by the SPFL at 4.48pm.

The expulsion threatened by Moynihan yesterday was questioned by the judge on its lawfulness & would be foolish for the SPFL to go down that road as he‘a quite clearly questioned it's lawfulness.

Also from yesterday.

Judge: 

What happens if Arbitration fails, it then comes back to court and the pursuers win the case but the season has commenced?

Bowlyn QC for Dundee Utd:
“The league would have to be halted''. 

Thistle & Hearts want Doncaster in the witness box. Mark my words, 100% this will go to a full hearing. 

The SPFL argument seems to be around article 99 where they claim they can arbitrate on ''certain matters'' & then don't define what they can arbitrate on!

Work that out!

Keep clutching those straws though. No takers on my offer yet...

See you all tomorrow. 

09A0DD41-7C71-4768-A8D6-8B361049B6F0.png

22 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

I've not been listening. Because it's boring.

But it seems that the SPFL's QC accepts that Dundee's vote was indeed received at 4.48pm. Where does this leave the SPFL with their now infamous 5pm Statement on the day of The Vote?

No where, because it doesn't contradict anything.

Dundee's vote received at 4:48 this.is.not in dispute

Dundee's vote which was received at 4:48 is caught by security system pertaining to emails

Dundee's vote which arrived at 4:48 was not discovered to have been caught until some time later and released from this system well after 5pm.

None of that is in dispute. Deloitte went over the logs etc and produced a report that was excepted by the clubs. The arguments against the report were that it didn't cover what Rangers* and others wanted it to.

Guest JTS98
1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

If someone had said back in August "If the season has to stop early because of a global pandemic, then the team that's bottom at that point based on a points per game average will be relegated", I think the majority of Hearts fans would have said "Who gives a f**k, that won't affect us".

You clearly don't know many Hearts fans.

10 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

Did they explain why only Dundee's pdf went into the spam folder?

I haven't seen the full report but you would have to believe that both Ian Blair and Deloitte lied about it if that didn't happen.

Guest JTS98
2 minutes ago, renton said:

I have no doubt it is important. I would simply dispute the spin put on it by JKB posters currently hanging Mission Accomplised banners over the place.

I've had a look at the thread and I don't see that. Most people are asking for advice from anyone who understands it. Some are confident, some are pessimistic, some just don't understand things (the majority, obviously).

You can pick and choose the odd post either way to prove either point, but I certainly don't think it's accurate to say that JKB thinks this is wrapped up.

1 minute ago, Roy McGregor brown stuff said:

It’s not a red herring.

<once sentence restating that the SFPL has conceded some trivial statement of fact on the red herring>

<a ton of irrelevant crap that has nothing to do with the Dundee vote>

Fixed this for you

Guest JTS98

There's a poster on Kickback called FootballFirst. If you're looking at the JKB thread, he's probably the best guy to read.

I don't know him or know his full background, but for years he's been the JKB go-to-guy for legal matters. He's very level, not really partisan at all, and explains things pretty clearly. He tends to guide the board through anything legal and sticks to the facts.

You can probably more or less ignore everybody else.

So far this thread has been updated from a Hearts fan that's admitted he never tuned in and relying on what the people from Kickback are saying, some clear alias with 25 posts all of which are on this thread and others trying to explain simple fundamentals to them?

Well, the past 3 pages can get in the bin.

Guest JTS98
1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

So far this thread has been updated from a Hearts fan that's admitted he never tuned in and relying on what the people from Kickback are saying, some clear alias with 25 posts all of which are on this thread and others trying to explain simple fundamentals to them?

What's the point in tuning in to something you don't understand?

11 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Aye he needs to take into consideration the potential consequences should he allow this to go to court and they lose.  Whereas that isn't an option in arbitration.

It's also the potential consequences should they go to court and win. Shotts Bon Accord did just that with the SFA and got banned for a year.

Just now, JTS98 said:

What's the point in tuning in to something you don't understand?

What's the point of arguing about it if you don't understand it?

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Aye, when theres more than 4 pages a day it's not worth bothering with this thread, inevitable it's just the Hearts lads crying all over the place.

Just now, Aim Here said:

It's also the potential consequences should they go to court and win. Shotts Bon Accord did just that with the SFA and got banned for a year.

I wasn't aware of that, it's quite poor that happened after winning. 

Guest JTS98
2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

What's the point of arguing about it if you don't understand it?

I'm not arguing about it. I'm commenting on things raised by people who listened to it and do understand it.

34 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Absolutely so much so I can’t remember a derby KO Saturday at 3pm In the top league for many a year. 

can see the derby at Easter rd v ferranti thistle hibs win 1 nil & do a lap of honour to the proclaimers track. 

that’ll gain some viewers 

Agree 100%. Quite often they're midweek too?!