League Reconstruction 20/21 season

1 minute ago, Roy McGregor brown stuff said:

The SPFL ‘rules’ or ‘articles’ of you prefer are so weak that i’ve seen better in a Golf Club’s!! 

Thistle  & Hearts only need to win the right to a full hearing.

SPFL will have no choice than to fold like a pack of cards. Their balance sheet tells you they as the organisation can’t afford to settle out of Court & that’s without mention about seeing Mr Doncaster in a witness box.  I can’t see many of the other member clubs wanting it to go to a full hearing as it will cripple the game as well as their finances.  

Reconstruction then all of a sudden is backed by all. What Thistle & Hearts wanted all along.

Low & Budge haven’t covered themselves in glory with their own fans last couple of seasons but they’re sure making up for it now.*

*Or whoever it is that’s financing Thistle case. 

tenor.gif

5 minutes ago, Roy McGregor brown stuff said:

The SPFL ‘rules’ or ‘articles’ of you prefer are so weak that i’ve seen better in a Golf Club’s!! 

SPFL will have no choice than to fold like a pack of cards. Their balance sheet tells you they as the organisation can’t afford to settle out of Court & that’s without mention about seeing Mr Doncaster in a witness box.  I can’t see many of the other member clubs wanting it to go to a full hearing as it will cripple the game as well as their finances.  

Reconstruction then all of a sudden is backed by all. What Thistle & Hearts wanted all along.

Low & Budge haven’t covered themselves in glory with their own fans last couple of seasons but they’re sure making up for it now.*

Surely in your scenario, Doncaster would be one of the defendants and not a witness, as you suggest?

1 minute ago, Golden Gordon said:

Surely in your scenario, Doncaster would be one of the defendants and not a witness, as you suggest?

Considering the way he dealt with Rangers' and Tom English's allegations on Sportsound I doubt he'll be putting on a sweat either way.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:
5 minutes ago, Golden Gordon said:

Considering the way he dealt with Rangers' and Tom English's allegations on Sportsound I doubt he'll be putting on a sweat either way.

Yes - I was just thinking something similar myself.

Let us find out just what the chap is really made of.

We may, actually, end up being slightly impressed.   (although, maybes naw).

14 minutes ago, Roy McGregor brown stuff said:

Getting a full hearing does not mean Hearts and Thistle would win.

Delusional.

If anything getting to a full hearing would let everyone see how Hearts are calculating their damages and give everyone a huge laugh.

Edited by Jim McLean's Ghost

1 hour ago, HK Hibee said:

You made some reasonable points but I read 2 pages after this post and no-one called you on it, so I will.  

this argument is bollocks. This is the “we were waiting for the last 8 games strategy“. It might work but I also might get a chance to cop off with Monica Belluci - neither are very likely. In both cases past performance is a good indicator of future performance.  

Don’t know the girl but I feel your pain 

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Doncaster doesn’t have anything personal to lose tho (UEFA ethics committee post aside) but I doubt that the full hearing will happen as SPFL organisation/member clubs too much to lose.

Reconstruction looking more & more like the only escape route for all clubs now, not just Thistle & Hearts. 

As the judge said yesterday, arbitration by the SFA could even see it end up in court again & therefore league season halted. 

1 minute ago, Ian38018 said:

Haven't forgiven him for how he behaved during the Sevco thing and shafting David Longmuir and the consequences of that, but I have to admit to warming to him a tad.

42 minutes ago, RavyDavy said:
1 hour ago, Mr. X said:
Because I'm interested.

Fair enough, if the anomalies of a spam filter is what what floats your boat

We've all got our strange wee quirks,  including you. image.png.0352278043f91ad64af155d4c6d04fcc.png

23 minutes ago, Roy McGregor brown stuff said:

One thing that folk seem to forget Neil Doncaster is a solicitor, all be it in English law, the articles will have been seen by him, and seen by a legal firm prior to creation. The same as the SFL & SPL before hand.

But you appear to be talking nonsense though. Reconstruction was voted on. Majority of clubs said no as it was a very poor, proposal. 

Your post reads like a Facebook post containing your personal reality free wish list. Sorry but can you back that up with facts please?

Edited by Tannadeechee

It's the case for every club every season.
I'm not arguing that Hearts lost games on purpose, as some seem to be choosing to interpret it, merely that clubs make plans and strategize based on a 38-game season. Every club does it. Rests players, sees out games for draws, prioritizes. When you lop 20% of the season off, you recontextualize all those decisions after the fact.
For that reason, calling the season early and saying it's legitimate is wrong. Also, that doesn't even touch on the fixtures not matching up.
I've said dozens of times, it's not a legalistic argument. It's one to fairness and common sense.
Form doesn't really come into it, since it's not a specific point about Hearts. It's simply true of all teams. See the post I was replying to.
Ah so to recotextualize you were resting players that night in Paisley ahead of more important games ahead or had you rested them the match before ahead of the big one in Paisley ? Seriously poor straw clutching that.

6 minutes ago, Ian38018 said:

Just a shame that John Mortimer's dead. Would loved to have seen 'Rumpole and Sporting Integrity '.

3 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Getting a full hearing does not mean Hearts and Thistle would win.

Delusional.

If anything getting to a full hearing would let everyone see how Hearts are calculating their damages and give everyone a huge laugh.

Full hearing will mean a delay to league season. Full hearing will mean member clubs hoping the result goes their way as won’t be the SPFL organisation that would pay damages. It’s not rocket science. As I said weeks ago, the SPFL clubs are their own worse enemy. They kicked the can continually down the road re reconstruction then could not find a consensus between them. 

Unfortunately for them (Premiership clubs) the timescale now favours Thistle & Hearts: should, as I now expect, a full hearing is granted by Lord Clark.

Not saying they’ll win it, but can the SPFL (other member clubs) take the chance? Imo, no. Hence why I think reconstruction will eventually happen: 

1 minute ago, Roy McGregor brown stuff said:

Full hearing will mean a delay to league season. Full hearing will mean member clubs hoping the result goes their way as won’t be the SPFL organisation that would pay damages. It’s not rocket science. As I said weeks ago, the SPFL clubs are their own worse enemy. They kicked the can continually down the road re reconstruction then could not find a consensus between them. 

Unfortunately for them (Premiership clubs) the timescale now favours Thistle & Hearts: should, as I now expect, a full hearing is granted by Lord Clark.

Not saying they’ll win it, but can the SPFL (other member clubs) take the chance? Imo, no. Hence why I think reconstruction will eventually happen: 

They did find a consensus, they voted against reconstruction. 

9 minutes ago, Roy McGregor brown stuff said:

Doncaster doesn’t have anything personal to lose tho (UEFA ethics committee post aside) but I doubt that the full hearing will happen as SPFL organisation/member clubs too much to lose.

Reconstruction looking more & more like the only escape route for all clubs now, not just Thistle & Hearts. 

As the judge said yesterday, arbitration by the SFA could even see it end up in court again & therefore league season halted. 

If the member clubs were so scared of the possibility of it going to court reconstruction would’ve been voted in by now. You keep on grasping though, doing a grand job. 

Just now, Roy McGregor brown stuff said:

A full hearing will not automatically mean a delay. An injuction is not automatic.

Shite scaremongering.

And if there is an injuction then there is no threat of eight squillion in compo... and there is no reason a full hearing would not complete before the start date of the league campaign.

2 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

One thing that folk seem to forget Neil Doncaster is a solicitor, all be it in English law, the articles will have been seen by him, and seen by a legal firm prior to creation. The same as the SFL & SPL before hand.

But you appear to be talking nonsense though. Reconstruction was voted on. Majority of clubs said no as it was a very poor, proposal. 

Your post reads like a Facebook post containing your personal reality free wish list. Sorry but can you back that up with facts please?

Can’t back the reconstruction up with facts but what other avenues are there?

Keep saying it. Full court hearing = likely delay to premiership hearing = chance other SPFL member clubs being hit financially every which way. Then there’s fact SPFL organisation balance sheet shows more liabilities than assets. 

Can many afford that post Covid? Not many could afford it ore Covid. 

Facebook? What age are you? 15?

5 minutes ago, Roy McGregor brown stuff said:

Full hearing will mean a delay to league season.

I stopped reading at the first point that was blatantly wrong. This was addressed yesterday. If the hearing - either in the Court of Session or in Arbitration - overshoots the league season, and Hearts/Thistle win, then it's just a case of using the alternative remedy in the petition, which is that the SPFL hands over a bunch of cash. There is no reason to delay the league.

Edited by Aim Here