League Reconstruction 20/21 season

7 hours ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Maybe the clubs should have made their positions clear then 

They did, but your moron owner kept pushing the same, already rejected, proposal forward because it benefited Hearts.

A chunk of chairmen around the league confirmed she never even spoke to them about how to improve the proposal.

It was her who demanded to lead the reconstruction committee. 

Yet again, you should be looking at Budge as the problem, but, yet again, you're lashing out at everyone except Hearts because you're utterly blinded by loyalty.

Edited by RandomGuy.

20 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

See the Record is leading with the 'SPFL warning as courts overturn Belgian FA decision' line. 

The entire basis of the Belgian case was that their FA ended the top flight but bizarrely decided that promotion playoffs in the division below could continue. The clubs relegated of course asked why some football could still be played in the league below but not in the top flight. 

Had the playoffs still been arranged here, Hearts would have had a similar argument. But they didn't. 

Tbf to them the Daily Record sports writers know absolutely f**k all about anything.  

7 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Saw an article (Didn't get the link sorry) that the SPFL weren't going to be given the powers they wanted to make all decisions without a vote over the course of the next season.  

So if the SPFL lose (not for money) then they can't force through a reconstruction to cover their arses.  

That means it's fun time all round for those unaffected directly by these events in court no matter the outcome. 

My preference is still that Partick Thistle get relegated regardless of what happens to the other two. 

I'm assuming the SPFL made that proposal, knowing it would fail, precisely so that a court or panel couldn't force them to implement any changes without putting it to the clubs again.

8 hours ago, 500ClubCraig said:

are you forgetting to add Partick Thistle and Stranraer?

What will be will be but this is about more than just one Club, although you wouldn’t think it reading the coverage of the last few months.

Partick are getting what they deserve for jumping in to bed with budge. They also were involved in the ict led void the league club so they do not have a record of picking the right side in this....

a 12-12-10-10 proposal would get through The spfl clubs and would allow all aggrieved clubs except hearts be happy.  

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

I know that these things take time, but given that Lord Clark mentioned the time constraints in this case, I’m amazed that the date for the Arbitration panel to start their deliberations has not yet been announced. The Premiership starts 3 weeks tomorrow for goodness sake. 

The Daily Record said it would be starting on Monday or Tuesday. The list of stuff Hearts wanted from the document recovery motion was huge, I'd imagine most of the week was taken up with that.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The Daily Record said it would be starting on Monday or Tuesday. The list of stuff Hearts wanted from the document recovery motion was huge, I'd imagine most of the week was taken up with that.

Hopefully that is the case.  There's still part of me that thinks that there may be an element of brinkmanship on the part of the clubs looking to waste time with the arbitration process so it can be returned to the CoS, on the basis of technicalities.  Asking for this volume of information could also be viewed as a stalling tactic.   This would have the advantage of being heard in public & provide access to an appeals process.  

15 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Thanks. I hadn’t seen that.

6 minutes ago, Golden Gordon said:

Hopefully that is the case.  There's still part of me that thinks that there may be an element of brinkmanship on the part of the clubs looking to waste time with the arbitration process so it can be returned to the CoS, on the basis of technicalities.  Asking for this volume of information could also be viewed as a stalling tactic.   This would have the advantage of being heard in public & provide access to an appeals process.  

It was made clear by Lord Clark that that sort of behaviour by either side would be viewed very unfavourably indeed iirc.

It would be the icing on the cake if Hearts and Thistle tried this approach, and the judge just threw it out just for them being total cockwombles. 

3 minutes ago, MacArab said:

It was made clear by Lord Clark that that sort of behaviour by either side would be viewed very unfavourably indeed iirc.

It would be the icing on the cake if Hearts and Thistle tried this approach, and the judge just threw it out just for them being total cockwombles. 

Thanks for this.  Surely it wouldn't have reached the CoS if cockwombling was a criteria? 

The lawyers will be loving it. Takes a lot of time to read all those documents and time costs a lot of money.

As always in these cases there is only one winner... lawyers get paid no matter what.

8 minutes ago, steelmen said:

The lawyers will be loving it. Takes a lot of time to read all those documents and time costs a lot of money.

As always in these cases there is only one winner... lawyers get paid no matter what.

Yes, I remember doing jury duty & thinking that the defence lawyers looked like bigger crooks that* their clients.

*than

Edited by Golden Gordon

46 minutes ago, MacArab said:

Does not mean that Hearts wont play that game, it's not unusally for legal teams to ignore the advice given to them by the judge.