League Reconstruction 20/21 season

1 minute ago, A96 said:

Ex-chairman. And perhaps you could remind me exactly what it was he voted for or against. Whatever it was , I very much doubt that him voting the other way would have made much , if any , difference to their hegemony.

You should know this, being a fan of your club.

As to whether it would have changed things completely? No probably not, which is why I was agreeing with your point. However bending over and taking it (metaphorically) from behind without as much as a consoling reach-around is hardly good business strategy.

1 minute ago, Ric said:

You should know this, being a fan of your club.

As to whether it would have changed things completely? No probably not, which is why I was agreeing with your point. However bending over and taking it (metaphorically) from behind without as much as a consoling reach-around is hardly good business strategy.

So you don’t actually know what that vote was about either

1 minute ago, A96 said:

So you don’t actually know what that vote was about either

Stop playing this game, and stop being butthurt about it.

I have actually discussed this earlier as have others feel free to read back.

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

Are we referring to Milne voting to retain 11-1 voting rules, or do you both know that and are whooshing me?

Yes, and possibly only one of us. I think is the answer.

A strange coincidence, Hearts fans in this 1 month old thread are so adamant reconstruction is the right thing and how they've all been desperate for it to happen.

The League Reconstruction thread that's been on this site for years and has over 40 pages?

Not a single Hearts fan.

Very odd.

On 01/04/2020 at 15:27, virginton said:

Anyone who thinks that 'the current system works well' simply hasn't been watching the precipitous decline in the standard of football and strength of teams in the second tier, nor has been paying attention to the financial results in that bin fire of a division. Dundee United's last recorded loss was £3.7 million. Dundee's (for their campaign in the top flight) was £1.8 million. Inverness lost £892k. Dunfermline reported 'substantial losses' at the end of last season and have slashed their budgets accordingly, while even Morton managed to rack up an eye-watering loss of £575k before a debt write-off deal. Meanwhile, in the third tier, Falkirk lost £700k as a result of their hilarious relegation campaign and Raith lost £600k between 2017-2019. None of this is even remotely sustainable.

The 12 team setup might work just fine for top flight clubs, who are for the most part financially stable now, but in the absence of a credible second tier to refresh the top flight with non-joke outfits then the baw is burst. The current Scottish Championship is a claustrophobic mess of teams flipping from trying to win promotion in August to staving off relegation to the seaside leagues in November on an annual basis. There can be no medium-term planning and there are mass squad upheavals every summer: the standard is abysmal as a result. A 14 team league structure at all national levels would allow these clubs to incrementally improve while living within their means for a change, while not being immediately embroiled in a relegation dogfight after losing two games on the spin.

Nailed it,spot on.

With so many clubs in the Championship and Division One incurring such enormous,  unsustainable losses it seems inevitable that a few could go bust.

So how can it be feasible to increase the number of teams from 42 to 44 ? More mouths to feed can only make the financial state of Scottish football even more precarious. 

And all just to save Hearts spot in the Premiership and salvage Mrs Budge's legacy at Tynecastle !!!

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

With so many clubs in the Championship and Division One incurring such enormous,  unsustainable losses it seems inevitable that a few could go bust.

So how can it be feasible to increase the number of teams from 42 to 44 ? More mouths to feed can only make the financial state of Scottish football even more precarious. 

And all just to save Hearts spot in the Premiership and salvage Mrs Budge's legacy at Tynecastle !!!

Exactly and when we eventually come out of the pandemic personal finances and company sponsorship may take a while to recover enough to allow sensible folks to return to football, and we're all being asked to take a slightly bigger hit "just to save Hearts spot in the Premiership and salvage Mrs Budge's legacy at Tynecastle" - and it's not even as if she's willing to be gracious about it!!!  

Edited by btb

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

I do appreciate these are unusual times.  But more generally, I can never understand football clubs getting into financial difficulties.  Unlike the majority of businesses in the real world, football clubs have 100% total control of their largest variable cost:  players salaries.  

2 hours ago, A96 said:

in my opinion the biggest problem in Scottish football by far , is the domination of the Arse-Cheeks.

And that domination has massivey increased during the modern (early 90s onwards, money) era.

I was looking at this recently, and whilst they've obviously always dominated the trophy count, there hasn't always been the yawning points chasm between them and everybody else. E.g. up to Rangers going bust, the Old Firm had finished as the top two for 16 of the previous 17 seasons. In contrast, in the previous 100 seasons, they only finished as the top two 30 times, so it was hardly the forgone conclusion that it is now.

Of course, during the same period the gap between the Old Firm and the top teams from the big leagues around Europe has followed the same pattern, so it's got infinitely duller for everyone.

"What do we want? League reconstruction! When do we want it? Now, but only until we aren't shite anymore, at which point we'd like to kick out a couple of the diddies we promoted to save us and get our 4 home games against the old firm back please!"

f**k off.

19 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

41 clubs being asked to lose varying levels of pocket change: "THIS CANNOT BE"

Hearts being fucked out of £3 million: "LOL"

I'm beginning to think a few of the lads on this website are being a wee bit disingenuous... bQshDtu.png

Genuine question, what is the £3M calculation?

33 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

41 clubs being asked to lose varying levels of pocket change: "THIS CANNOT BE"

Hearts being fucked out of £3 million: "LOL"

I'm beginning to think a few of the lads on this website are being a wee bit disingenuous... bQshDtu.png

Hearts fans aren't allowed to call for league expansion m8. It's because we've got a dog in the fight is why we are calling for it. 

On 09/12/2015 at 16:52, Falcor Roar said:

14 teams with a top 6 bottom 8 would be good. You finish in the top 6 then you play the better teams and reap higher gates. Finish in the bottom 8 then the teams you play are worse/lower crowds but you get an extra couple of games. The only downside is to split after 26 games is a bit early in the season. We need to freshen things up and I like the split but it's not balanced just now so in terms of sporting integrity its currently a bit unfair.

Well look at that. Turns out I'm an exception to the rule. 4 years ahead of time. 

Edited by Falcor Roar

1 minute ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Ann Budge 12th April

And she actually said “up to £3m” so JT was using a certain amount of rhetoric license

It's good politics to always use the most extreme number possible.  lGUTNIg.png

4 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Ann Budge 12th April

And she actually said “up to £3m” so JT was using a certain amount of rhetoric license

Poor stewardship I would have thought