League Reconstruction 20/21 season

1 hour ago, SPLOOGESTAIN said:

League reconstruction is easy. Have a temporary 18-16-10 setup this season. Everyone getting promoted still gets promoted, every getting relegated "unfairly" avoids relegation. Play every team in the league twice, meaning teams in division 2 and 3 will have less games so can start the season later when hopefully fans will be allowed back into grounds. The following season you expand the league to 18-18-12, with the 4 teams either coming up through the pyramid or, CONTROVERSIAL, you introduce 4 colt teams. These colt teams cannot be relegated out of the professional league system nor can they be promoted into the premiership. The two bottom placed colt teams will have to play a play-off against the best two colt teams in a new development league to decide who gets to compete the following season. This allows development of youngers against actual players, ensures that the league is not swamped by colt teams, and also allows any club to have a colt team compete in the league system providing they do well enough against their peers. And a bunch of other incentives from the clubs of competing colt teams to sweeten the deal for the teams they compete against. Introduce a better distribution of prize money at a flat rate instead of one that skews heavily in favour of the prem top two and disadvantages teams being promoted, set aside some money to send Neil Doncaster to the moon where he can no longer harm the national game, and there you go, Scottish football can flourish. You're welcome.

For some reason I picture this guy when reading this post.

ken-jeong-standup.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=618&h=410&crop=1

2 hours ago, SPLOOGESTAIN said:

League reconstruction is easy. Have a temporary 18-16-10 setup this season. Everyone getting promoted still gets promoted, every getting relegated "unfairly" avoids relegation. Play every team in the league twice, meaning teams in division 2 and 3 will have less games so can start the season later when hopefully fans will be allowed back into grounds...

Love the idea of playing clubs twice but you should have stopped there, there's no need/benefit in having Colt teams. 

The major obstacle to this would be the TV companies, who insist on 4 ugly sister games. 

Maybe we could introduce a Charity shield type game to appease them? 

A proper discussion with introduction of this in 2021/22 would benefit the Scottish game imo. 

3 hours ago, SPLOOGESTAIN said:

League reconstruction is easy. Have a temporary 18-16-10 setup this season. Everyone getting promoted still gets promoted, every getting relegated "unfairly" avoids relegation. Play every team in the league twice, meaning teams in division 2 and 3 will have less games so can start the season later when hopefully fans will be allowed back into grounds. The following season you expand the league to 18-18-12, with the 4 teams either coming up through the pyramid or, CONTROVERSIAL, you introduce 4 colt teams. These colt teams cannot be relegated out of the professional league system nor can they be promoted into the premiership. The two bottom placed colt teams will have to play a play-off against the best two colt teams in a new development league to decide who gets to compete the following season. This allows development of youngers against actual players, ensures that the league is not swamped by colt teams, and also allows any club to have a colt team compete in the league system providing they do well enough against their peers. And a bunch of other incentives from the clubs of competing colt teams to sweeten the deal for the teams they compete against. Introduce a better distribution of prize money at a flat rate instead of one that skews heavily in favour of the prem top two and disadvantages teams being promoted, set aside some money to send Neil Doncaster to the moon where he can no longer harm the national game, and there you go, Scottish football can flourish. You're welcome.

You're welcome for what? Coming up with this shite?

10 hours ago, AberdeenHibee said:

I am assuming clubs who are relegated next season (and so on and so on) can put in a legitimate claim to reconstruct to e.g. a 16-team league or vociferously threaten legal action?  I mean if finances/necessity to release players due to COVID-19 has unlevelled the playing field between "smaller" and "bigger" teams, then surely if a "smaller" team faces relegation, have been unfairly disadvantaged by COVID-19 like Hearts are whaling they have been?  Then we could eventually end up with a 42+ team mega league.  

I thought Peterheid were the fishermen?

Why do complete idiots post atrocious back-of-a-fag-packet reconstruction ideas, then end the post with "you're welcome"?

As if Cockwomble is going to read P&B, see that post and go "OMG why did we not think of this before".

Get in the fucking sea. 

Guest SPLOOGESTAIN

I was only having a laff lads I love 14-10-10-10 Hamilton v St Mirren 4 times a season Celtic 20 in a row yassss

Why do complete idiots post atrocious back-of-a-fag-packet reconstruction ideas, then end the post with "you're welcome"?
As if Cockwomble is going to read P&B, see that post and go "OMG why did we not think of this before".
Get in the fucking sea. 

16 team league with a 4-8-4 split after 30 games. Everyone plays 6 more games (the 8 in the middle splits into 2 groups of 4 of equal difficulty). The bottom 2 teams from the top section enter Europa League playoffs with the top 2 teams from the middle section.

You’re welcome.

Guest SPLOOGESTAIN
10 minutes ago, Donathan said:

16 team league with a 4-8-4 split after 30 games. Everyone plays 6 more games (the 8 in the middle splits into 2 groups of 4 of equal difficulty). The bottom 2 teams from the top section enter Europa League playoffs with the top 2 teams from the middle section.

You’re welcome.

Thank

you.

54 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Get in the fucking sea. 

I've said before, it's a subspecies, an evolutionary quirk. My impression is even within that group there is a "type".

They have never been near a football match in this country.

They moved abroad years ago.

They are old guys who hark back to the glory days...when we qualified for tournaments.

Etc, etc

4 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I've said before, it's a subspecies, an evolutionary quirk. My impression is even within that group there is a "type".

They are old guys who hark back to the glory days...when we qualified for tournaments.

Etc, etc

F***, I fall into two of those categories (if classing Northern Ireland as "abroad").

Whatever the outcome today I really hope that Scottish football doesn't become the laughing stock of the world, as predicted by so many of our Hearts contributors. The thought of football people in Honduras, Venezuela and Nicaragua pissing themselves laughing at us concerns me hugely.

35 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Etc, etc

Not all of us have moved abroad 😁 we used to naively assume that we could use Scotland qualifying campaigns as useful dates to fit in mates stag dos etc - a memorable one in Prague springs to mind.

I am fairly sure that after 1998, having ripped through a massive amount of cash in France, that having a wee break to refill the coffers would work out well.........................

I read the article where Leslie Deans has said the Belgium and France have had relegation stopped, but isn't the issue there that the leagues did that at an executive level and not via a vote of clubs? I thought i'd seen that was the case but very well may have completely mis-read the story.

Either way I cant see how they have a case given the clubs voted to end the league and will likely vote against reconstruction at this stage. As has been said before, if it's for the good of the game then bring it back for discussion when the new season starts to try and get agreement for 2021/22 (and hold a general review of the SPFL governance process as well)...