League Reconstruction 20/21 season

There’s plenty to criticise the proposal for but I don’t get the “outrage” over 2 automatic relegation places. Only having 1 in a 14 team league would be near League 2 levels of self preservation.

5 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Unsurprising if the proposal has potential for 3 promotions from a 10 team division !!

Agreed, but 3 up from a 10 team league would be lunacy

It doesn't really matter what the Championship does though does it? If the top table vote it down then the rest of the leagues votes don't count for much.

3 minutes ago, EdinburghPar1975 said:

Yep, but if its 2 auto down and a playoff, it must be that..............unless it is actually a temporary change dressed up as permanent 🤔

Edited by Green Day

1 minute ago, EdinburghPar1975 said:

It doesn't really matter what the Championship does though does it? If the top table vote it down then the rest of the leagues votes don't count for much.

Two down automatic is maybe fair enough, but the potential for a third via the playoff would be too much.

You could have two down and then just have playoffs between 2nd, 3rd and 4th in the Championship for the second spot. i.e. winner of 2nd vs (winner of 3rd vs 4th) would get promoted, without having to play the second-bottom Premiership team.

8 minutes ago, JamesM82 said:

Two down automatic is maybe fair enough, but the potential for a third via the playoff would be too much.

You could have two down and then just have playoffs between 2nd, 3rd and 4th in the Championship for the second spot. i.e. winner of 2nd vs (winner of 3rd vs 4th) would get promoted, without having to play the second-bottom Premiership team.

I'm not in favour at all, but the second bottom could just join the playoffs at the semi final stage, as they'll have played the same number of games (36) as the Champ sides at that point.

1 hour ago, fatshaft said:

Informed opinion around the country is that not all clubs will come out the other side, if that is to happen, any reconstruction for this season (which is madness anyway) would be pointless, the whole thing would need looked at again next summer.

The only ones badly treated in all of this are Brora & Kelty, they warrant barely a mention. 

I think you mean Brora or Kelty, oly one of them would have had the chance to join league 2.

I'm not in favour at all, but the second bottom could just join the playoffs at the semi final stage, as they'll have played the same number of games (36) as the Champ sides at that point.
If it's a 6 8 split the bottom teams would be playing 40 games though.

40 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

The hubris on Kickback :lol:

You'd think they were Real Madrid the way they carry on 

Dear oh dear, !! .. they really think they do, just had a quick look. everything from bringing Scottish fitba to its knees, to hope teams go out the game because were taking them to court. Best one they are due 10million in compo, hearts board is as good as its team SHITE !!!!

11 minutes ago, AlbionMan said:

I think you mean Brora or Kelty, oly one of them would have had the chance to join league 2.

Aye! This one is certainly proving difficult for some people to understand.

Brora or Kelty would have played each other.

Follow?

The winner of that then played the bottom team in the Scottish League .

The winner of that game then took the place in the Scottish League.

48 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

There’s plenty to criticise the proposal for but I don’t get the “outrage” over 2 automatic relegation places. Only having 1 in a 14 team league would be near League 2 levels of self preservation.

I don't think that in itself is a problem, it's not an unreasonable thing to have. However, in the context of this debate, you're asking top flight clubs to each make huge financial sacrifices, and to increase their own chances of relegation in order to change a league system that tends to work reasonably well as it stands.

8 minutes ago, Forest_Fifer said:
41 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

If it's a 6 8 split the bottom teams would be playing 40 games though.

Yep. I had 8/6 in my head for some reason. (The reason being it's probably the marginally less horrific of the two solutions.)

55 minutes ago, EdinburghPar1975 said:

Bit like Westminster elections regarding how Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland vote.

16 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I don't think that in itself is a problem, it's not an unreasonable thing to have. However, in the context of this debate, you're asking top flight clubs to each make huge financial sacrifices, and to increase their own chances of relegation in order to change a league system that tends to work reasonably well as it stands.

You're moving the potential relegation zone down from team 11 in the pyramid now (definite 12) to team 13, if you're also removing the relegation part of the Championship playoff. I don't buy that as meaning an increased chance of relegation for an established top flight club: Inverness or Dundee would need to strengthen massively just to compete, as would every club coming up from the future second tier with the possible exception of Hearts. The probability of relegation is therefore lower for current top flight clubs because football is all about the relative quality of your team over the course of a season rather than just random chance.

That doesn't mean top flight clubs should sign off on this crock of shite though.

Edited by vikingTON