League Reconstruction 20/21 season

6 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

This is from April when Hearts had to walk back from a car crash interview Budge did on 5 Live (I think). Basically they shat it because it ended up being reported as "Ann Budge wants to stop 9IAR" in the press.

1495260597_ScreenShot2020-06-19at08_52_19.thumb.png.bccfbcd3ac4900b55f2be4d928865d9a.png

1722311828_ScreenShot2020-06-19at08_43_58.thumb.png.46167709e826ce97e993d1695e41e492.png

Presumably it would have been pointed out that what they seemed to be arguing for would require reconstruction, for which there was no appetite among member clubs (and was proven to be the case).

That level of logic seems to have bypassed the Hearts board.

5 minutes ago, EdinburghPar1975 said:

From the linky a few posts ago to todays papers it said that the Court action lodged is against the SPFL and also the three promoted teams...is that correct? I'd have expected a bit more from those teams if they were directly part of the action being taken?

We're now in ongoing litigation. All the parties to the case have been told to Shut The F**k Up by all their competent legal advisers, and any statements they make on the matters in contention will be checked over by lawyers with a fine toothcomb first, which takes time (we're only a day or two into the case). Mostly, they'll be shutting the f**k up.

Edited by Aim Here

1 hour ago, JTS98 said:

That's politics. You've got to pick your battles. Bottom line is that Celtic never won the title, but I think it's understandable Hearts left it alone.

What your really saying is hearts are very wrong here, but are using the situation to try and avoid relegation at any cost.

9 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

The SPFL are a member of the SFA. That is an indisputable fact.

Did you know the English FA are also full members of the SFA.

Sue them too!

12 hours ago, Alan Stubbs said:

Northampton and Exeter, who have miraculously qualified for the playoffs with 9/10 games of the normal season left because the league has been called early? Really great point for your argument there.

Hopefully whoever wins the playoff doesn't get carried away in case Southend United ask the courts to block promotion. 

The point is - they were at least playing the play offs. (Cheltenham btw, not Exeter).

There's a desperation on P&B to scream loudly that playing some or all of the outstanding fixtures before starting the next season is now, and was in early April, "utterly impossible". Which is utterly untrue. But it's the crutch that holds up the self-interest clubs in denial and allows them to block out their consciences.  Not Hibs btw, who are in that camp for fan giggles and because Ron doesn't understanding that soccer customers don't switch their preferred franchises.

12 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:
13 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:
Hope none of you guys posting this sort of stuff are directors of clubs or the SPFL. From what I can see, anti-competitive offences can carry up to 5 year jail terms.

Anti competitive offences...do elaborate.

Hi Tony, pal.

3 hours ago, Romeo said:

Good to see Drinky didn't want the hearts lads looking like s bunch of seething baw bags on their own and decided to help out.

^^^^Verge of tears

(But thanks for playing.)

12 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:
13 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:
Think you've got things upside down here. Budge is not the CH Ex of the SPFL. Budge is doing the petitioning. More relevant to his/her lordship will be what options did the board properly evaluate, before telling the clubs that there was only one solution - and the clubs had to vote yes (within 48 hours) to get £9m released. It will be interesting to find out how much work McLelland allowed on null and void, and how much exploration was given to maybe being able to play. I also hope any personal bonus Doncaster had riding on the 1st August SKY deal is brought into the open and questions asked as to whether it influenced his attitude.

WTF has any of that word jumble got to do with the petition she has lodged. You do know how a civil court case works ? Absolutely none of that is relevant.

I'm happy to be educated. Fire away.

1 hour ago, 18May1991 said:

Maybe Motherwell should raise a court action against the SPFL on the basis that we might have caught Rangers and ended up in the Champions League next year. 

Or maybe not, because (1) it’s a fucking stupid idea; and (2) we voted to end the season early.

Saints were on a great run and could have finished higher if the season had continued. Where’s my QC’s phone number? 

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Hearts, apparently, are not disputing that after a 30 game season, Celtic are champions. Why would they then dispute that after a 30 game season, the bottom team should be relegated?

It's no' fair.

Just now, The DA said:

The SPFL could agree to relegate Hearts, pay them £8M in compensation and then fine them £9M for breaching their rules.  Everyone's a winner.

Sadly, the main rule breach has a maximum penalty of £500k, or £1 million, depending on whether they win on the relegation issue or not.

One fun scenario is Hearts win and successfully halt relegation only to be expelled from the SFA and SPFL altogether, mooting the case entirely.

Looks like Hearts legal case is following apart quicker than their defence with Jonathan Obika running at them.

I hope the SPFL doesn’t settle out of court for a token amount. The SPFL will surely win any case that goes the distance.

10 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

The point is - they were at least playing the play offs. (Cheltenham btw, not Exeter).

There's a desperation on P&B to scream loudly that playing some or all of the outstanding fixtures before starting the next season is now, and was in early April, "utterly impossible". Which is utterly untrue. But it's the crutch that holds up the self-interest clubs in denial and allows them to block out their consciences.  Not Hibs btw, who are in that camp for fan giggles and because Ron doesn't understanding that soccer customers don't switch their preferred franchises.

There's no way the play offs could've happened here given the costs for testing etc. needed to complete the fixtures. If Big Don F (QC) was right and it's @£5k a game per team then how could the L2 teams here, such as Cowden potentially fork out money for testing at this time never mind the players out of contract scenario (and also that most/all will be p/t never back to training etc)....play off's were never going to happen up here.

I think the English L1 play offs are quite contentious as one team (Peterborough?) dropped out by the use of PPG and Wycombe (I think) have got in....bit of teeth grinding going on with that but nothing like up here with the 'standard' relegation places

It can be pared down to the fact that through their court action, Hearts are looking for a bail out from the consequences of coronavirus. If they block promotion, they avoid the sporting consequences of coronavirus. If they are awarded £8 million, they avoid the financial consequences of coronavirus. I'm struggling to see any element of fairness in this. If promotion is blocked, then Dundee United et al. are required to take sporting consequences of the outbreak. If £8 million is awarded, then the SPFL teams are left with the additional financial consequences of the outbreak. This is at a time where clubs like Aberdeen and Hibs are having to make significant cuts. Where is the fairness in this?

1 minute ago, EdinburghPar1975 said:

There's no way the play offs could've happened here given the costs for testing etc. needed to complete the fixtures. If Big Don F (QC) was right and it's @£5k a game per team then how could the L2 teams here, such as Cowden potentially fork out money for testing at this time never mind the players out of contract scenario (and also that most/all will be p/t never back to training etc)....play off's were never going to happen up here.

I think the English L1 play offs are quite contentious as one team (Peterborough?) dropped out by the use of PPG and Wycombe (I think) have got in....bit of teeth grinding going on with that but nothing like up here with the 'standard' relegation places

Fair point in April. Did it change a few weeks ago with the Anderson monies? And what about Premier and Championship clubs - you saying they couldn't have found the money for a few play off games? Was this even given cursory consideration?

3 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Fair point in April. Did it change a few weeks ago with the Anderson monies? And what about Premier and Championship clubs - you saying they couldn't have found the money for a few play off games? 

Arbroath potentially had 16 games still to play.

And if you're on about just playing the play-offs, then Hearts would have to be relegated, so I doubt you're arguing for just the play offs being played.

Edited by RandomGuy.