League Reconstruction 20/21 season

10 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Original ban was to June (?). Whatever persuaded English authorities to allow training and friendlies a few weeks ago could have been put to Scotgov. But there was no will.

Because of the cost. English football is in no way comparable to Scottish football financially. 

2 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Yup. Well maybe they should pay for the clubs they are damaging by what looks to me like  a negligent decision. No point in you worrying your pretty little head about it, Random. The courts will decide on first hearing, or maybe appeal or maybe 2nd appeal.

No they won't. The matter for the court case is whether relegation takes place and/or whether relegated teams get compensation.

The courts have absolutely zero remit to look into continuing to play out the season - and if they did, it would absolutely fail at the first motion to dismiss, when it's accompanied by documentary evidence that Heart of Midlothian clearly assented to it.

25 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

I'm not sure about this one. He seems too ridiculous and self-parodic even to be someone on day release from Kickback. I'm guessing it's a non-Jambo poster play-acting on a second account to have a wee giggle at everyone's expense.

Aye this one fairly obviously isn't a Hearts fan tbf.

Still a damning indictment on the actual Kickback da's that this is whooshing anyone.

29 minutes ago, MegaRichJambos said:

Hearts are staying up, the SPFL had a duty of care to protect Hearts from relegation and, more importantly, protect the other clubs from a £10million lawsuit.

Everyone DESPERATELY wants this to blow up in Hearts' face but a very basic understanding of contract law tells us the opposite will happen. There is a real possibility that Hearts will be the second most secure team in the country when this is all over.

Marvellous, isn't it?

So not you then. 

Hearts will not get anywhere near the 8m they're demanding. Thats 50% of their ANNUAL turnover. Its just nonsense. 

To win ANYTHING on the basis of "Duty of care" you talk about Hearts would prove a duty of care that is imposed by law has been breached by the SPFL. I'm no expert but how the hell do Hearts prove the SPFL have breached anything? They've given the clubs as a group to make decisions, put motions forward, the motions were voted on legally and within the rules HEARTS signed up to as part of the SPFL. 

It wont be proven for many reasons, Hearts leadership were responsible for Hearts poor performance as a football team, not the SPFL and the whole situation has come about because of Covid-19. Not the SPFL and thats the main point of the issue. The SPFL did not cause the end result of Hearts being relegated. it was Covid. 

With it being a members organisation, i'm not sure how the Hearts can even sue the SPFL, its a members organisation that they are part of. Surely some weird conflict there?!

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

8 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

This thread is like a therapy group for diddy team supporters, frantically reassuring each other that things are fine and it will all work out in the end.

You lot are going to pay.^_^

What parameter do you use for hearts being anything other than a "diddy" team? Unfortunately all the clubs in Scotland are now "diddy" teams. Our status has fallen so much there isn't one that's relevant anymore on the grander football stage. 

1 minute ago, Bazil85 said:

What parameter do you use for hearts being anything other than a "diddy" team? Unfortunately all the clubs in Scotland are now "diddy" teams. Our status has fallen so much there isn't one that's relevant anymore on the grander football stage. 

Shouldn't the Hearts fans already be banished to the Championship section of the forum anyway?

1 minute ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

So not you then. 

Hearts will not get anywhere near the 8m they're demanding. Thats 50% of their ANNUAL turnover. Its just nonsense. 

To win ANYTHING on the basis of "Duty of care" you talk about the Hearts would prove a duty of care that is imposed by law has been breached by the SPFL. I'm no expert but how the hell do Hearts prove the SPFL have breached anything? They've given the clubs as a group to make decisions, put motions forward, the motions were voted on legally and within the rules HEARTS signed up to as part of the SPFL. 

It wont be proven as for many reasons, Hearts leadership were responsible for Hearts poor performance as a football team, not the SPFL and the whole situation has come about because of Covid-19. Not the SPFL and thats the main point of the issue. The SPFL did not cause the end result of Hearts being relegated. it was Covid. 

With it being a members organisation, i'm not sure how the Hearts can even sue the SPFL, its a members organisation that they are part of. Surely some weird conflict there?!

Really interesting story there. I don't read the tabloids so can't/don't want to respond to that.

7 hours ago, JTS98 said:

What I'm proposing is

1) Yes, compounding the financial hit taken by other clubs, but by a relatively tiny amount. Not a game-changer. Especially as the new tv deal is starting. Clubs wouldn't have noticed that hit, in broad terms.

2) Hearts would also be subject to that hit.

3) Clubs who did not get their chance to play their way out of relegation on the pitch would not take a massively disproportionate hit.

I think that's as fair a solution as there was available. As it is, a very small number of clubs are being punished for finding themselves in trouble with a fifth of the season still to play. That's a nonsense. If it was another club in this situation, I'm pretty sure you'd agree.

Hearts don't get relegated it's not fair 

6 minutes ago, MegaRichJambos said:

Really interesting story there. I don't read the tabloids so can't/don't want to respond to that.

What are you on about? There's nothing in what was posted that has anything to do with newspapers. I've made points. I've explained some understanding how that somewhat deluded "duty of care" pish you're trotting out actually means. Just because you've heard once on the Sportsound podcast doesn't mean you know what you're talking about. 

All your response has done is prove you're talking absolute shite. No one will take you seriously if thats the kind of shite response you give people. Away back to licking Budge's arse. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

16 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Yup. Well maybe they should pay for the clubs they are damaging by what looks to me like  a negligent decision. No point in you worrying your pretty little head about it, Random. The courts will decide on first hearing, or maybe appeal or maybe 2nd appeal.

I've been fairly clear over the past week or so that I believe Hearts should get some form of compensation (nowhere near the £8m) due to the Championship season being shortened and the circumstances around them dropping into that division.

At this point no one can genuinely be getting what the SPFL and Doncaster actually do, and so are purposely misrepresenting both (code; lying) for the sake of their own viewpoints.

10 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Original ban was to June (?). Whatever persuaded English authorities to allow training and friendlies a few weeks ago could have been put to Scotgov. But there was no will.

I would think the massive financial abilities of clubs with specific training facilities and private funding of regular testing probably helped. I don't think it's fair to say there was no will, but I believe there was definitely no way that things could return on an even playing field. As has been said far too many times, teams in Scotland could not afford to return to training and playing behind closed doors for an indefinite period - the ongoing costs for operating the teams let alone the testing would be too much with no income.

9 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Yet again. They are now. 

No, they're not...they're nowhere near possible in Scotland due to the make up and financial fragilities of the clubs here. Trying to compare even L2 in England with the Championship here is futile. I don't understand the argument you have about whether the play offs were to go ahead or not...if they did does it not just crystallise final positions and weaken your position further?

My team were in a unique situation in that had reconstruction have gone through then Falkirk would've come up and Partick stayed up and as such we would not really be impacted as badly by gates/ income as some but still would have a hit from 27 game season etc. Therefore I can see why the club voted for the proposal - it would have given us a chance of play offs/ promotion (aye right!) most seasons that the structure was in place if we were managed competently however other clubs seen a lot of negatives and as such said no - i'm just amazed that Hearts believe that clubs should fall over themselves to back them even if it was in their detriment to do so.

I do back reconstruction - just when there's more than a fortnight to properly discuss it, all parties are involved in the proposal and talked to about it fully with all points raised and answered (even if not agreed on). 

5 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

What are you on about? There's nothing in what was posted that has anything to do with newspapers. I've made points. I've explained some understanding how that somewhat deluded "duty of care" pish you're trotting out, which i'm fairly sure you've heard once on the Sportsound podcast and now repeating it like you know what you're talking about. 

All your response has done is prove you're talking absolute shite. No one will take you seriously if thats the kind of shite response you give people. Away back to licking Budge's arse. 

Civil Law is based on the duty of care.

I can't be bothered with this anymore. I'll come back tonight or when the SPFL announce that Hearts have been reinstated, whatever happen first. 

You'll need to let go of those straws at some point, you'll  just hurt your hand.

HHGH

Edited by MegaRichJambos
Wrong word

17 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

No they won't. The matter for the court case is whether relegation takes place and/or whether relegated teams get compensation.

The courts have absolutely zero remit to look into continuing to play out the season - and if they did, it would absolutely fail at the first motion to dismiss, when it's accompanied by documentary evidence that Heart of Midlothian clearly assented to it.

Is that an established and accepted fact? Serious question. We'll find out soon enough.

5 minutes ago, MegaRichJambos said:

I can't be bothered with this anymore. I'll come back tonight or when the SPFL announce that Hearts have been reinstated, whatever happen first. 

You'll need to let go of those straws some point, you just your hand.

Goodbye forever then.

You'll need to let go of those straws at some point, you'll  just hurt your hand.
HHGH
Not all civil law. Just delict. The attempt to get relegation/promotion cancelled is nothing to do with that.

And a  belter of a stand . We would have made horrific losses on that if we weren't bailed out by the benefactors. 
The money has also been spent advertising a children's charity and progressing women's football.  Money well spent I say.
With seats (eventually).

Despite a hopeless 2nd half of 2018-19 (ending with a decent effort in the cup final) you are some forecaster if we were your favourites for relegation last summer when the budgets were done. Trust you lumped on big. The odds would have been good.
So there was absolutely no budgeting for the worst case scenario that you are aware of. What a way to run a business, dreadful. No wonder you are scrambling about the legal system desperate for a hand out. Administration must be a real threat.