League Reconstruction 20/21 season

36 minutes ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

Even the emotionless Mr Spock would weep at some of the barbaric abuses of logic being perpetrated over on JKB. “£8m compo for being relegated won’t give us an unfair advantage over other Championship teams because it’s what we would have had if we hadn’t been relegated.”

At some point they’ll try to calculate the last digit of pi and that will be the end of them.

£8 million is only fair as they would undoubtedly avoided relegation if the full season had played out, won the Premiership next season and made the group stages of the Champions League the year after.

19 hours ago, Ric said:

After a quick shufty at JKB there's lots of "hold the line, lads... hold the line..." but the game is a bogey. They spent weeks going "look, look, France..." only to now give it, "it's a different country, nothing to do with us".

The last straw they are clutching to is compensation, and you spot that certain posters have vacated this thread after spending the last month or two adamant their case head was rock solid.

15 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:
15 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:
I can hear the beep beep beep back tracking on that point.the Raith fan will never answer the question.
I think it is obvious from your posts you don't rate Scottish football and you don't rate our national team it's a common trait for Scottish football fans.
You said there was no benefit to other clubs in Scotland yet you know there clearly is with the names of players I've provided.Whether they go on to represent the national team is neither here nor there.
It's an example of what can happen with players that don't even make the first team at Celtic.
Nobody is saying the colts will produce 11 Andy Robertson's but what it will do is give more kids the chance to find their level in the game.
Because you are blinded by the hype down south you don't see the individual quality we have in Scotland.
Last season we lost over 40 players to England why? because their shite! fecking wake up.
The talent is here we just need to try and keep them here or slow the process down.
Instead of players leaving to play at a higher level we close the gap.

No one is even reading this pish any more. Shut the f**k up.

It's not often you're right but I just red dotted it and moved on.

13 hours ago, MacArab said:

Fucking Walloper.

The BBC have been so biased towards Hears in this whole gangfuck, that I reckon that they deliberately kept this p***k off the air, as every time he says anything, he hurts Hearts’ case,  and that is the last thing that they want.

This w****r has clearly never listened to a BBC Sportsound Podcast, stacked with ex Hearts players, managers,  sympathisers and hangers on,  or ever read anything that their Chief Sports Reporter has ever had to say about the subject, if he’s writing utterly deluded garbage like this.

Deluded pish.

"fellow travellers" is the preferred term.

24 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Acosta was a brilliant activist defence lawyer who preferred to stand up for the rights of the 'Chicano' and others suffering poverty usually against the over zealous police departments instead of chasing the big bucks.

Thanks for this, I had no idea.  My only knowledge of Acosta is his portrayal in the book & subsequent film.  As far as I remember, this is not made particularly clear in either, so I would guess that neither really do him justice. 

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

For those who doubt LD’s statements as petty ramblings then I can assure you his tentacles reach further into Scottish football than most people can fathom. 

If you were attempting to contact said tentacles, I'd imagine that you would mark the envelope: Bro. Leslie Deans, c/o Freemason's Hall, Edinburgh.  Ah, so that's how easy it is to turn everything into a conspiracy.  No wonder Hearts' fans are so keen on it! 

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/joint-club-statement-1

Worst statement yet.

Neil Doncaster sent us something and it's wrong. b*****d.

Ann Budge is so reluctant to actually cc 40 club chairmen in on an email, she prefers to put the response out to every human being on the planet, 6,999,999,957 of whom don't have a b*****d clue what she's on about.

2 minutes ago, Snafu said:

I've read both his books 'The Autobiography of a Brown Buffalo' and 'The Revolt of the Cockroach People' ,they are essential if you are into counterculture literature, great reading.

Thanks, I will add these to the list.  I had no idea football forums were so addictive, partly regretting signing up now, to be fair.  Seem to remember Jack Kerouac & Henry Miller being worth a read, as well as Aldous Huxley, if you've not read them already.