League Reconstruction 20/21 season

1 minute ago, EdTheDuck said:

I see another 'out' for Budge courtesy of the Liga MX. FC Veracruz were relegated from the top tier at the end of last season but as the Liga was looking to expand to 20 teams they accepted a $6million offer from Vearcruz' owner to stay in the league (which brought the league up to 19...)

How much would the #SPFL accept to keep Hearts in the prem? I reckon a lot less than six million dollars

Six million quid should do it.

6 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

If the financial package is the same the 9-3 is acceptable with any expansion. 

No, any expansion of the SPFL requires a Qualified Resolution to pass, which requires an 11-1 vote from the Premiership clubs.

9 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

No, any expansion of the SPFL requires a Qualified Resolution to pass, which requires an 11-1 vote from the Premiership clubs.

You're good Craig, but this @wastecoatwilly were talking about here. He's second only to @weetoonlad when it comes to this reconstruction palaver.

Just now, wastecoatwilly said:

I couldn't care less about reconstruction but if it stops The jags and Stranraer getting relegated i'm all for it. 

All they need to do is want more to not get relegated and they won't be relegated.

2 hours ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

People who want fewer games are fucking weirdos in my mind. 16 teams, once home and away means 15 home league games a season. Cutting the amount of football by almost a quarter? f**k that, I want as many games as possible. Weekends without football are garbage.

You could have the same number of weekends with football while just scrapping all the dung midweek rounds, including the 17 that seemed to be shoehorned into the Premiership's schedule between December and February this season.

46 minutes ago, Bose said:

Apparently they presumed every team would win the remainder of their games. Hearts would still go down under this method.

40 minutes ago, paulbrucerick said:

Correct again. Partick wouldn't though. 

31 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

No they didn't. They used points per game

The obvious flaw in applying that logic to Partick's case being the fact that they have failed to win a single league game in 2020. How 'unfair' then of the SPFL to brand them as seaside league level dogshite IMO.