League Reconstruction 20/21 season

10 hours ago, Munoz said:

At least the Hearts supporters on Kickback look like they are mellowing. 

Lovely stuff. 

https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/188540-filthy-dundee-fc/

Mental. I like how they think that they would just be allowed to buy Dundee to kill them if they had they cash, and that seemingly nothing could stop them.

They really need to get over 1986, and they need to take responsibility that it was Hearts, and only Hearts, who were at fault for them not winning the league.

5 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Even a blind man with no knowledge of football,  being explained the situation in 30 seconds could see through Budge's self interest.

True. If she was honest she may get on better although I doubt it. However her bleating it is for the good of Scottish football for one year only will kill reconstruction dead in the water.

41 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Very good. But, any idea why they did actually vote that way? I can’t get my head round any team with a play off chance voting to end the season early on current places. Was it desperation for the pay-out? Or desperation to be able to end player contracts? Or can we expect to see a show-case friendly in Boston? Just weird.

https://ayrunitedfc.co.uk/chairmans-message/

Problems with player contracts seems to have been the main reason. I didn’t agree with it at first but I can understand why.

9 hours ago, realmadrid said:

Thats not true

The game at Ibrox was postponed on the 25th of September as Rangers qualified for the cup semi finals meaning the game that was due on the 2nd of November could not be played.

BT announced there section on the 30th of September. The league would have known the situation by then.

Sorry, I thought it was postponed due to the final, not the semi. You'd presume the TV fixture might have been pencilled in by then tbf.

I shouldn't have, but I had a quick look at that Kickback link.

Imagine blaming a team you weren't playing for your loss against a team you were, while forgetting you were pumped by that first team earlier in the season. Not just that, but to hold onto that bitterness for nigh on 40 years? :lol:

I know single club forums bring out the worst in supporters, but it's hilarious. They need to take a less from Frozen.

Edited by Ric
..edited because @Jacksgranda would have been sad.

59 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Should we be turning our leagues upside down for the sake of two clubs out of 42? 

Relegate Celtic to the Lowland league and declare Brechin as Scottish champions? Best suggestion so far tbf. 

The Guradians golf correspondent weighs in. Demanding answers while simultaneously demonstrating his knack for always being well behind the curve...........

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/apr/21/the-voting-farce-questions-the-spfl-must-answer-but-hasnt?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

That's not plausible at all, nor fair.

Youd have a team finishing 3rd bottom, having played 40 league games, going into a play off against a team who finished 3rd and playing 36.

Longer league season probably means play offs would be played in June.

I think it could work. Maybe throwing in a 3rd/4th play off to add a couple extra fixtures and make the final a one-off at a neutral venue?

Potentially 30% of the second tier getting promoted would lessen the fear of the drop, you'd hope.

6 minutes ago, Green Day said:

The Guradians golf correspondent weighs in. Demanding answers while simultaneously demonstrating his knack for always being well behind the curve...........

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/apr/21/the-voting-farce-questions-the-spfl-must-answer-but-hasnt?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

Considering the Guardian gives scant time to Scottish football, I've seen it cover non British cricket matches over important Scottish games. They really can do one.

I like the Guardian's politics, but their sport is as if England is all there is.

41 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Even a blind man with no knowledge of football,  being explained the situation in 30 seconds could see through Budge's self interest.

She always was a chancer, even before the sex change...

Budgie+-+05.jpg

38 minutes ago, Ric said:

I shouldn't have, but I had a quick look at that Kickback link.

So did I...

The moral reality is Hearts were champions, we played 36 games that season against teams who were up for it and trying their best. We amassed 50 points. Celtic played 35 games against teams who were up for it and trying their best. They amassed 48 points from those 35 games.

hahaha.gif&client=amp-blogside-v2&signat

9 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

Oooft. Brave man - taking on Craig on a matter of the detailed workings of the SPFL. He’s well informed and defends them - always.

Does he defend them or does he quote the rules that prevent half arsed suggestions by people who don't know what they are talking about?

The rules as they stand might appear to be unreasonable but until they are changed you need to abide by them.

14 minutes ago, ropy said:

Anne Budge has to stand aside if this panel is to be seen as impartial

Yeah but no club is impartial, of course it'd be fairer if Hearts were saved from relegation by reconstruction it's just that the other option is so much funnier - and if Budge has shot herself in the foot....

muttley.jpg

Edited by btb

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

That's not plausible at all, nor fair.

Youd have a team finishing 3rd bottom, having played 40 league games, going into a play off against a team who finished 3rd and playing 36.

Longer league season probably means play offs would be played in June.

By your logic no play-off is fair - because, never mind 36/40 games, the team in the lower division has had easier opponents all season. Duh.

ED896840-ADBA-4554-A7EC-17B4D6F9F1DF.jpeg

Edited by Pet Jeden

19 minutes ago, ropy said:

Anne Budge has to stand aside if this panel is to be seen as impartial

The panel doesn't have to be impartial, the clubs have to vote on it anyway, so if she produces something too "partial" then the other clubs will vote it down.

2 hours ago, ropy said:

Half way through the league then telling 8 clubs they cannot compete for European places, poor stuff.  Possibly would only realistically affect 2 or 3 teams but it is very early to bring the shutters down.

It is poor - but if a change is going to happen (and I should prefer to stick with the current set-up) , the above seems the least worst option.

I have yet to hear a better alternative - assuming changes are a-coming.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Sorry, I thought it was postponed due to the final, not the semi. You'd presume the TV fixture might have been pencilled in by then tbf.

We have a knack of having a fixture postponed for the final every year, this season it was our Celtic home game that was cancelled as well .  You would think they could put matches between the 4 European qualifiers on those dates to minimise the disruption for the other teams as in most cases 3 of the 4 teams make the semi finals. No doubt if they tried it , that season only 1 would make it and it would cause more disruption. 

I dont think we need worry about this for season 20-21 which id say is now looking in doubt already.