League Reconstruction 20/21 season

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

I would go for it. Relegation wouldn't carry quite the same level of fear when there is two, possibly three promotion spots available.

Yeah agree with that, and might just give us a better chance of not being dragged into a relegation battle every season. 

1 hour ago, Zing. said:

Livi getting in on the statement action with their own reconstruction proposal.

https://livingstonfc.co.uk/league-reconstruction-statement/

I reckon this will be what is put forward eventually (or pretty close to it) and I’d be happy enough with that. 16 team league would be my ideal scenario but it’s got no chance. 

Good luck fitting in 40 games in a season.

And no complaints when you are 7th and you have 14 almost meaningless games.

Just now, Falcor Roar said:

Instead of 38 at present? 

Yes. we are already running into a lack of dates. Playing far too many midweeks imo as well.

A couple of postponements, a cup replay an suddenly the league is in trouble of getting all the fixtures in. You only need to see the trouble that rescheduling Rangers vs St Johnstone face this season to see the issues.

3 minutes ago, dezz said:

https://bit.ly/2KmuKZy

That’s Motherwell just released our statement too.

It sounds like we’re keen for any reconstruction to be permanent as well and will consult the ‘Well Society members prior to any vote.

I will be voting against it. Worse in almost every way than the current set up.

Scrap/reduce the Winter break? I don't think we are actually playing too many midweeks, especially early in the season? Play off at the end of the season may not be happening with a straight 2 up, 2 down so the league can finish a week later. Celtic (sorry, "clubs") getting to postpone a league fixture to play pre-season friendlies scrapped? First knock-out round of BetFred could be played midweek? Bottom 8 clubs less likely to be involved late on in Cups or European competitions so they can play on semifinal weekend? I'm not saying it's my preferred option, but finding 2 extra matchdays is hardly insurmountable.

What are you voting against? No proposals have been put forward yet for anyone to decide if it’ll be any better or worse than the current set up.

1 minute ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
12 minutes ago, Jim McLean said:

Scrap/reduce the Winter break? I don't think we are actually playing too many midweeks, especially early in the season? Play off at the end of the season may not be happening with a straight 2 up, 2 down so the league can finish a week later. Celtic (sorry, "clubs") getting to postpone a league fixture to play pre-season friendlies scrapped? First knock-out round of BetFred could be played midweek? Bottom 8 clubs less likely to be involved late on in Cups or European competitions so they can play on semifinal weekend? I'm not saying it's my preferred option, but finding 2 extra matchdays is hardly insurmountable.

No cup replays.. 

A few thoughts while having my shower.

Would 2 extra teams change the number of votes required to pass rules.  It is 11-1 now no?  Would it then be 12-2 or even 11-3?  The point is say teams get some crazy ideas like even splits of monies for overall season tickets sales or salary caps etc.  Things the arsecheeks would never ever accept.  Imagine something like the NFL with its revenue sharing and draft picks.#

If I have thought of these things.  Others have.

1 minute ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
12 minutes ago, Jim McLean said:

Reducing the Winter Break should be done. We are playing too many midweeks, especially in Jan/Feb

Moving the BetFred cup to midweek doesn't gain a date either. Sides in Europe are already playing every available date.

You can't just assume bottom 8 clubs won't make it far in the cup. And it won't matter if they were due to play another club that is in the semi or final. Playoffs already clash with the Scottish Cup final.

9 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

No cup replays.. 

The SPFL can't decide that. That is for the SFA and I don't think smaller clubs are going to give them up without a fight.

1 hour ago, Zing. said:

Livi getting in on the statement action with their own reconstruction proposal.

https://livingstonfc.co.uk/league-reconstruction-statement/

I reckon this will be what is put forward eventually (or pretty close to it) and I’d be happy enough with that. 16 team league would be my ideal scenario but it’s got no chance. 

Getting rid of the play-offs in the lower leagues is a terrible idea.

24 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
35 minutes ago, Jim McLean said:

We can't play midweeks early in the season because of the UEFA restrictions. Clubs haven't been able to postpone league fixtures for several seasons, and the first knock-out of the Betfred can't be played midweek because of UEFA games either.