League Reconstruction 20/21 season

The 10 club Premier league was a completely bonkers idea and started to unravel after the first two seasons. They just wouldn't admit it.

The 12 10 10 10 league setup wasn't popular, and hasn't worked either. How many attempts do they need? It's not difficult.

Bigger leagues throughout should be the basis to work from, and if we do get any kind of new season then it should be in preparation for Summer football in 2021.

Just now, djchapsticks said:

I know that. I hadn't mentioned a vaccine (even though vaccine technology and research is accelerating exponentially). Vaccine or not though, there will come a point where this virus is nowhere near as dangerous though, through either trace testing or other types of drugs.

Sorry - it was the post you were replying top which mentioned vaccine.  I thought using the "Quote" button would drag that post into mine.  But it did not.  Makes my post look silly (sillier than usual, I mean).

3 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Surely they will allow the restart of that assault- with-some-rules-and-wee-ball-in-the- same postcode game that’s popular over there? The least of those players concerns is getting covid.

83ED7A57-9991-4D5F-8808-F206410A9C7F.jpeg

A wonderful sport.🤣 GAA Championship attracts massive crowds and its a way of life for some folk there, if they are thinking of not playing that till the new year I think we are in serious trouble of not seeing football in Scotland for a while. As I said its fuckin grim 

The 10 club Premier league was a completely bonkers idea and started to unravel after the first two seasons. They just wouldn't admit it.

The 12 10 10 10 league setup wasn't popular, and hasn't worked either. How many attempts do they need? It's not difficult.

Bigger leagues throughout should be the basis to work from, and if we do get any kind of new season then it should be in preparation for Summer football in 2021.

Why do you say the 12-10-10-10 has not worked?

2 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

One for the diddy forums but Stirling Albion in the south league and Stenhousemuir (7/8 miles south of SA) in the north looks to have particular potential. 

At a quick glance it has potential for absolute carnage and heads gone everywhere.. I'll have a better look later. 

Would it be better to finish eight in prem one or have a chance to win prem 2? 😄

12 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

So - in this brave new world are the slates wiped clean after the split - leaving us a 14 match sprint to the title?  Surely not.

But if clubs are carrying forward their points total from the first half of the season, how do they plan to reconcile the points accrued by the two Championship clubs with the bottom 6 Premiership ones.  Or am I missing something?

18 minutes ago, Ian38018 said:

Just a reassuring wee fact - we have never yet succeeded in producing a vaccine to any of the coronaviruses.  So I should not hold your breath on that Get Out Of Jail Free card. 

If anything he was replying to me who had mentioned it.

While you are correct, these sorts of viruses change over time, which is why you get an annual flu jab and not one that covers you for life (like MMR, for example - although that in itself also needs a booster over time). The point is, with it being endemic within society a vaccine is still needed.

Edited by Ric

I have said before, the split works because it creates a short sharp 5 game play off.  So my preference is to keep 12 in the top league.  If we move to 14 then the split doesn’t work for me, it would have to be play each other three times, don’t fancy that.

16, where we play twice then have a seven game play off post-split may be acceptable as a compromise, but keep it the same and we will see Hearts in a year or so.

2 minutes ago, Ric said:

While you are correct, these sorts of viruses change over time, which is why you get an annual flu jab and not one that covers you for like (like MMR, for example - although that in itself also needs a booster over time). The point is, without a vaccine and with it being endemic within society a vaccine is still needed.

A vaccine would be nice certainly - but herd immunity is what is going to get us back to anything nearing normality in the shorter term.  

2 minutes ago, Ian38018 said:

So - in this brave new world are the slates wiped clean after the split - leaving us a 14 match sprint to the title?  Surely not.

But if clubs are carrying forward their points total from the first half of the season, how do they plan to reconcile the points accrued by the two Championship clubs with the bottom 6 Premiership ones.  Or am I missing something?

It would have to be fresh start for prem 2. Basically two seasons in one for some. Never happen. 

If the winners of prem 2 get euro spot it would make it even more interesting 😄

1 minute ago, Bohemian said:

It would have to be fresh start for prem 2. Basically two seasons in one for some. Never happen. 

If the winners of prem 2 get euro spot it would make it even more interesting 😄

So basically, there could be a 20 point gap between 9th and 14th at the split - then it is geme's a bogey and we start all over again, with a wee 14 match sprint.

As you say "Never happen".

12 minutes ago, Ric said:

While you are correct, these sorts of viruses change over time, which is why you get an annual flu jab and not one that covers you for life (like MMR, for example - although that in itself also needs a booster over time). The point is, without a vaccine and with it being endemic within society a vaccine is still needed.

Could be that it will go like Spanish Flu and mutate into something less harmful, occasionally making sevco style comebacks style as Swine Flu for example.

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

Scotgov briefing this afternoon is making this seem like a moot point.

We have been told not to expect live sports with crowds any time soon and no broadcast from behind closed doors as it encourages people to gather together.

Very real possibility no football until 2021 

What an utterly pointless phrase "any time soon" is.  It means absolutely nothing.

I am not expecting to be getting my tea anytime soon - similarly, I am not expecting another Ice Age any time soon.

3 hours ago, Tynierose said:

@Doonhamer 1969

Thankyou for the report about bad language but after your antics last night threatening to find someone and wring their fuckin neck I think we can just ignore your report.  That's without looking at your other montage of language.

Feel free to report me.

Cheers.

Ok.

2 hours ago, Tynierose said:

Er you've deleted and edited stuff.  Last night you made an absolute erse of yourself culminating in threatening another poster.

To have the temerity to report someone for industrial language beggars belief.

Just stop digging and move along.

It’s fucking ‘swearing’ it’s called for f**k sake.

Just now, welshbairn said:

Could be that it will go like Spanish Flu and mutate into something less harmful, occasionally making comebacks sevco style as Swine Flu for example.

Perhaps, there's also the possibility of not quite long term immunity but the body having a latent memory of the infection and as a result, reinfection being less serious.

Of course, it's still so new that everything is still based on possibility.

Best case scenario is that you get it, you get rid, you never get it again.

Worst case is that it becomes completely endemic but reinfection carries the same risk of developing into serious symptoms.

I think what we can gather from this is:

All fans of the Premiership clubs want it to stay as it is so they don't get less money.

All fans of clubs in the play off spots in the Championship, League One and League Two want reconstruction, so their club gets promoted.

Gotcha.

For what it's worth, I don't think league construction will happen.  And clubs like The Caley and Dundee can write off winning the league with Hearts down there next year,  as they are undoubtedly going to be relegated very soon.

28 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Why do you say the 12-10-10-10 has not worked?

Because it attracted more fans, created more interest for more teams, gave us more peer to peer games and saw city clubs like Hearts, Hibs, Dundee Utd and Dundee relegated a few  times which probably wouldn't have happened in the old 18 (certainly not as often)

It's a bizarre post

Edited by EdTheDuck