League Reconstruction 20/21 season

Scotgov briefing this afternoon is making this seem like a moot point.

We have been told not to expect live sports with crowds any time soon and no broadcast from behind closed doors as it encourages people to gather together.

Very real possibility no football until 2021 

1 minute ago, invergowrie arab said:

We have been told not to expect live sports with crowds any time soon and no broadcast from behind closed doors as it encourages people to gather together.

That's going to be bad for a lot of clubs if it goes on that long. A solution might be hearts foundation style fans funding for a lot of clubs just to try and keep them ticking over, if its possible to mothball clubs.

11 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

6 minutes ago, bennett said:

That's going to be bad for a lot of clubs if it goes on that long.

I'd be surprised if there isn't behind closed doors, or perhaps even those who have a "covid passport" (although that in itself has serious issues surrounding it).

Expecting 1000s of people all packed together in a tight space while there is no test, let alone vaccine, is clearly not an option though.

14 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

A very real possibility. Again referring to across the water in Ireland, they have pretty much said expect no sports till next year, grim to say the least.

11 minutes ago, bennett said:

That's going to be bad for a lot of clubs if it goes on that long. A solution might be hearts foundation style fans funding for a lot of clubs just to try and keep them ticking over, if its possible to mothball clubs.

A few of the smaller clubs in Ireland have sold match tickets as if the games were still going ahead, Bohs sold out their game last week, not sure how long that will last or if it would work in Scotland. 

Buy as much as you can from your club store also seems to be way to keep revenue going.

1 hour ago, Bohemian said:

😄I put the chance of reconstruction as it stands at about 5%,  anyone go higher?

I think it'll be quite a bit more likely than that but still not too optimistic. Full box office cranial detachment guaranteed either way it goes. 

1 hour ago, jagfox99 said:

^^^grass 🐍🐍🐍

The thing is, part of the reason we're all on a multi club forum is so we can rip the pish out of one another. We're not after some sort of cosy consensus. Calling each other c***s is a perfectly acceptable part of that. 

24 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

The sort of people who would gather together to watch the football on tv right now are likely to do so anyway in my opinion. 

4 minutes ago, Ric said:

I'd be surprised if there isn't behind closed doors, or perhaps even those who have a "covid passport" (although that in itself has serious issues surrounding it).

Expecting 1000s of people all packed together in a tight space while there is no test, let alone vaccine, is clearly not an option though.

Tbh, it's worth taking a look at the actual quote:

"People should not be under any expectation that large scale mass gatherings [like football matches] will reopen any time soon,"

"Any time soon"...fair enough. It'd be absolutely mental to do so and puts a tin lid on the nonsense idea that we'd have been able to play out the season. In a way it validates the SPFL position to concede the ball was on the slates and call the league as early as they did.

Does it inherently rule out "closed door" matches 6 or 7 months down the line? Probably not.

3 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Tbh, it's worth taking a look at the actual quote:

"Any time soon"...fair enough. It'd be absolutely mental to do so and puts a tin lid on the nonsense idea that we'd have been able to play out the season. In a way it validates the SPFL position to concede the ball was on the slates and call the league as early as they did.

Does it inherently rule out "closed door" matches 6 or 7 months down the line? Probably not.

Yeah, you are right, I should refer to the source.

The gov are clearly in a difficult position (both sides of the border) as they are going to need to start reducing the restrictions but they have to be careful not to second spike it. Plus if you say in 3 weeks time we will no longer have restrictions on us leaving our houses, that can sometimes be taken as carte blanche for all out parties in the local parks.

I don't blame them for being a touch ambiguous, not least because we just don't know how far away a nation wide testing service or a vaccine is. On the flip side I can completely understand why people are desperate for some clarity and exact dates.

4 minutes ago, Ric said:

The gov are clearly in a difficult position (both sides of the border) as they are going to need to start reducing the restrictions but they have to be careful not to second spike it. Plus if you say in 3 weeks time we will no longer have restrictions on us leaving our houses, that can sometimes be taken as carte blanche for all out parties in the local parks.

I don't blame them for being a touch ambiguous, not least because we just don't know how far away a nation wide testing service or a vaccine is. On the flip side I can completely understand why people are desperate for some clarity and exact dates.

They wont give us exact dates because they simply dont know. 

26 minutes ago, Ric said:

This is all part of our master plan for world domination at Kilmarnock. We already have enough spare seats for people to observe social distancing.

9 minutes ago, Ric said:

Will we be in front of a crowd by year end? Most likely not.

There will almost certainly be some relaxation of returning to work in the next 4-6 months though and both the service industry and sports will almost certainly be involved in that in some capacity.

Understandable at this point in the crisis to say 'no football as they are large scale gatherings' but really, in 4 or 5 months time, it may be likely that small gatherings are allowed again, so going round to a friend's to watch a game of football being played behind closed doors  (in say groups of less than 10 at a point where touch testing has become readily available) would be seen as a fair compromise.

Edited by djchapsticks

4 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

This is all part of our master plan for world domination at Kilmarnock. We already have enough spare seats for people to observe social distancing.

I believe it is also the reason certain clubs have such a low attendance. Clever thinking ahead!

10 minutes ago, Ric said:

.. not least because we just don't know ..

5 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

They wont give us exact dates because they simply dont know. 

Thanks Sherlock.. ;)

Edited by Ric

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Will we be in front of a crowd by year end? Most likely not.

There will almost certainly be some relaxation of returning to work in the next 4-6 months though and both the service industry and sports will almost certainly be involved in that in some capacity.

Understandable at this point in the crisis to say 'no football as they are large scale gatherings' but really, in 4 or 5 months time, it may be likely that small gatherings are allowed again, so going round to a friend's to watch a game of football being played behind closed doors  (in say groups of less than 10 at a point where touch testing has become readily available) would be seen as a fair compromise.

Just a reassuring wee fact - we have never yet succeeded in producing a vaccine to any of the coronaviruses.  So I should not hold your breath on that Get Out Of Jail Free card. 

30 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

A very real possibility. Again referring to across the water in Ireland, they have pretty much said expect no sports till next year, grim to say the least.

Surely they will allow the restart of that assault- with-some-rules-and-wee-ball-in-the- same postcode game that’s popular over there? The least of those players concerns is getting covid.

83ED7A57-9991-4D5F-8808-F206410A9C7F.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Ian38018 said:

Just a reassuring wee fact - we have never yet succeeded in producing a vaccine to any of the coronaviruses.  So I should not hold your breath on that Get Out Of Jail Free card. 

I know that. I hadn't mentioned a vaccine (even though vaccine technology and research is accelerating exponentially). Vaccine or not though, there will come a point where this virus is nowhere near as dangerous, through either trace testing or other types of drugs.

Edited by djchapsticks