League Reconstruction 20/21 season

5 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Livi getting in on the statement action with their own reconstruction proposal.

https://livingstonfc.co.uk/league-reconstruction-statement/

I reckon this will be what is put forward eventually (or pretty close to it) and I’d be happy enough with that. 16 team league would be my ideal scenario but it’s got no chance. 

Bit of a churn of clubs from Championship down. About half up or down.

9 minutes ago, Zing. said:

I reckon this will be what is put forward eventually (or pretty close to it) and I’d be happy enough with that. 16 team league would be my ideal scenario but it’s got no chance. 

Not the worst proposal I've seen, and it's none of this temporary nonsense. 

54 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Administration isn't just some easy process where clubs can get rid of their debts.

Many clubs wouldn't come out of administration if they went in to it. They'd die.

Well no, all depends on the type of debt and who they are in debt too. I think you would If its HMRC you are fucked as they will never accept pennies in the pound but if they aren’t majority creditor but local business’ s who wish to see future business and have emotional investment they will accept. 
Some business’s will do it even when they have decent cash flow.

ETA - I appreciate you are well aware of this with Dunfermline but admin from a business point of view is often seen by many as an easy way to service debt quickly and easily.

Edited by gannonball

17 minutes ago, Zing. said:

I'd prefer a larger league with no split but thats got some good points, 2 up and 2 down plus a straightforward play off place.

12 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Bit of a churn of clubs from Championship down. About half up or down.

Only a fifth of the Championship with a chance of one other. 

Would bring a freshness to the Premiership every season,  and it would also give relegated teams (and every other) a better chance of promotion.

12 minutes ago, Munoz said:
23 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Not the worst proposal I've seen, and it's none of this temporary nonsense. 

Yep - if we have to change  (although I am not convinced we do) this is the shit sandwich with the least filling.

Asking for 2 or even 3 teams to be relegated is a big pill for teams like Accies and St Mirren to swallow.  Also whats to stop teams from saying sure sure it will be permanent only to back track a few years later.

Edited by Lofarl

17 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Well no, all depends on the type of debt and who they are in debt too. I think you would If its HMRC you are fucked as they will never accept pennies in the pound but if they aren’t majority creditor but local business’ s who wish to see future business and have emotional investment they will accept. 
Some business’s will do it even when they have decent cash flow.

ETA - I appreciate you are well aware of this with Dunfermline but admin from a business point of view is often seen by many as an easy way to service debt quickly and easily.

Nothing about admin is quick or easy.  Fucking hell cant believe this pish is still spouted.

1 minute ago, Lofarl said:

Asking for 2 or even 3 teams to be relegated is a big pill for teams like Accies and St Mirren to swallow.  Also whats to stop teams from saying sure sure it will be permanent only to back track a few years later.

The other side of that is , a better chance of promotion. 

9 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

Asking for 2 or even 3 teams to be relegated is a big pill for teams like Accies and St Mirren to swallow.  

Its minuscule compared to what teams in League Two would face.

If that proposal fails anywhere, it would be trying to get 75% of clubs in that division to agree to two automatic relegation spots.

In my opinion obvs.

9 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

You literally just did in the quoted post above yours. Or is that a woosh? 

If you see what I was disputing in the quote further back it is the bit in bold regarding going totally bust, not about anything being quick and easy. If the debt is to the ‘right’ creditors they most likely wont die and can use their future as leverage. Nothing quick and easy about any of it but if it saves decades of servicing debt then possibly worth it. Anyway a bit of a tangent and totally hypothetical but I w punishment should remain the same. 

Edited by gannonball

17 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Only a fifth of the Championship with a chance of one other. 

Well, no - it's a minimum of 40% (potentially 50% with a playoff) in the championship as two would also be going down. I'm not a fan of a 10 team championship feeding a 14 team top flight.

I honestly think it makes most sense to add the HL/LL champions in and go 14/14/16 or 14/12/18.

Its minuscule compared to what teams in League Two would face.
If that proposal fails anywhere, it would be trying to get 75% of clubs in that division to agree to two automatic relegation spots.
In my opinion obvs.
Two promotion spots to League 1 may sway a few towards the top however. Suspect that to get League 2 clubs fully on board it'd be altered to one auto down from League 2 with 9th playing loser of the HL/LL match.

17 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

In a 14 team league? For me that's not an issue. We'll go down at times, we'll come back up.

I think making the championship not quite such a fucking horror show of a division to get out of could be decent in the long term, 2 promotion spots and a possibly playoff would be fair enough.

6 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Well, no - it's a minimum of 40% (potentially 50% with a playoff) in the championship as two would also be going down. I'm not a fan of a 10 team championship feeding a 14 team top flight.

I honestly think it makes most sense to add the HL/LL champions in and go 14/14/16 or 14/12/18.

Oh aye, I was only taking into account the promoted teams.

Would you have the 2 up 2 down and a possible play off  as Livi have proposed for the Premiership?

Seen you've just answered that.

Edited by Munoz

Just now, Munoz said:

Oh aye, I was only taking into account the promoted teams.

Would you have the 2 up 2 down and a possible play off  as Livi have proposed for the Premiership?

I would go for it. Relegation wouldn't carry quite the same level of fear when there is two, possibly three promotion spots available.