League Reconstruction 20/21 season

2 hours ago, Bohemian said:

Mass gatherings banned until end of August in Ireland.. might be an indication of what might happen here.

Edit.. Crowds over 5000.. 

Dutch PM announced tonight no gatherings for concerts, football etc until at least 1st September. 
My initial thought was at least that will stop the arguing about completing the season in the summer, null and void and tainted titles etc. Then I came to my senses.

8 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

No relegation two up from each league very simple.including one each from lowland and highland leagues. 

7 minutes ago, weetoonlad said:

100% dude how can you Religate a team with games still to be played 

Phone NASA, 2 black holes have collided.

2 minutes ago, big al said:

Dutch PM announced tonight no gatherings for concerts, football etc until at least 1st September. 
My initial thought was at least that will stop the arguing about completing the season in the summer, null and void and tainted titles etc. Then I came to my senses.

Wee question do you think the blue Brazil deserve to go up even thou they're 14 points behind Edinburgh city?  

18 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

No relegation two up from each league very simple.including one each from lowland and highland leagues. 

Exactly, nice and simple. 

After one season of that I would go off of the league standings and have a 16 team premiership, 2 rounds of fixtures and then top 8 bottom 8 split (37 games), 2 down and 1 playoff,  and a 14 team championship, 3 rounds of fixtures - 39 games, 2 up and one playoff, 1 down and 1 playoff. Therefore more prize money for some smaller professional clubs, as 42 I think is to many. Below the championship could be a semi professional 'national league' and then the lowland and highland leagues feeding into that fluently. Then having a South, East, West division 1 feeding into the lowland league, and the North Caledonian highland league (I think its called) feeding into the highland league. You could then have different divisions for east and west. 

Edited by Rory 1884

4 minutes ago, Rory 1884 said:
7 minutes ago, Ian38018 said:

Can you elucidate here, for the hard of thinking (like myself) 

I've edited it, my mistake.

OK - we all do typos - but you are not suggesting clubs play each other just once after you split, are you?

Two OF matches at one ground, and one at the other, each season?   Good Luck with that one.

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Not for a temporary fix or another rule change.

Any expansion of the SPFL, temporary or otherwise, will require a Qualified Resolution (and an 11-1 vote). I'm not sure how many different ways I can state this very simple fact.

9 minutes ago, Ian38018 said:

OK - we all do typos - but you are not suggesting clubs play each other just once after you split, are you?

Two OF matches at one ground, and one at the other, each season?   Good Luck with that one.

Don't see the problem ;)

30 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Wee question do you think the blue Brazil deserve to go up even thou they're 14 points behind Edinburgh city?  

From what I understand Cowden have accepted 4th and that’s the end of it.

There are no play offs this season (sure I read that) so there’s nothing to debate. 
Cove are up as champions and unless reconstruction then that’s it.  Can’t say I have heard of any grumbling from teams in that division about it although that’s not to say there haven’t been.

Probably survival is the main priority for clubs, not petty arguing. 

2 minutes ago, big al said:

There are no play offs this season (sure I read that) so there’s nothing to debate. 
Cove are up as champions and unless reconstruction then that’s it.  Can’t say I have heard of any grumbling from teams in that division about it although that’s not to say there haven’t been.

Yep - for most clubs down that end of the food chain, still being around in 12 months time is of more import than which league they will be playing in next season.

21 minutes ago, Ian38018 said:

Yep - for most clubs down that end of the food chain, still being around in 12 months time is of more import than which league they will be playing in next season.

Would say for all clubs to be fair.

Cormack saying Aberdeen spending 1 million a month to keep going. 
What happens if there’s no crowds for the rest of the year?

I skimmed through 20-30 pages the other day but I think I saw a suggestion of placing everyone across four different leagues.  3 from the Premiership in each league, 2 or 3 from the Championship etc, due to the numbers we will have one league of 12 and e of 10.  Play a season determined by the time available e.g. x 2 or x 3 say.  At the end, the top 3 in each league enter the new Premiership, the next 2 (or 3) go into the Championship and so on.

Therefore no-one has been promoted or relegated this season and everyone ends up in a league in a years time based on merit.

Obviously won’t happen, probably no OF games but it would allow Hearts to climb off their high horse.

(There is a fair bit of detail missed out above but the intelligent will fill in the blanks).

1 hour ago, big al said:

For the jags and Stranraer to stay put, Edinburgh city would need to go up with cove this is why I asked the question.
It goes without saying that every club can survive this and make it to the other side.

Edited by wastecoatwilly

31 minutes ago, big al said:

Would say for all clubs to be fair.

Cormack saying Aberdeen spending 1 million a month to keep going. 
What happens if there’s no crowds for the rest of the year?

I think Cormack is talking shite, what on earth is he spending 1 million a month on?

Not sure about £1 million per month but the government furlough scheme really isn't much use to a top six club, as most first team players would be taking a major pay cut by accepting its cap of £2500 per month. It's unusual that the smaller full-time clubs are actually better placed to cope with the current financial disruption than the larger ones, but here we are.

4 hours ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

People who want fewer games are fucking weirdos in my mind. 16 teams, once home and away means 15 home league games a season. Cutting the amount of football by almost a quarter? f**k that, I want as many games as possible. Weekends without football are garbage.

We could go with 16 teams but you play everyone 3 times. Once at home, once away and once at a neutral stadium. Make it a lottery style draw and in elimination order so that every club in Scotland has a random game played in a random town/city.

Imagine Hearts vs Hibs at Somerset or Celtic vs Sevco at Brechin*.

* not a serious suggestion

**none of it was serious