League Reconstruction 20/21 season

Guest 8GamesToGo
1 hour ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Professional sport was not allowed in Scotland until ay least 1st Aug. Potentially later at the time. By law. 

UEFA confirmed leagues need finished by 8th Aug. 

Multiple club chairman have gone on record to confirm that null and void wasn't an option because legally broadcasters WOULD have been entitled to ask for their money back. The club's simply could not risk that, particularly with the loss of income that was already set to happen at the time of voting. 

The idea put forward for reconstruction was absolutely fucking awful. Hence why the vast majority voted against it..it was not what was best for the game, it was the opposite. It was simply a keep Hearts up at the expense of the rest of the clubs. 

It's been explained. Many fucking times. 

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/international/nicola-sturgeon-announces-professional-sport-can-resume-monday-without-fans-2888471

First Minister Nicola Sturgeon has revealed professional sport can resume on Monday, 22 June.

Contact football started on July 11th.

You do know professional sport is more than playing the actual games right? The league starts on August 1st because that's when it always starts and that's when the SPFL asked for it to start. If not, isn't it an amazing coincidence that contact football started just when clubs needed it to prepare for a new season and games could be played exactly when the SOFL wanted. It's almost like they coordinated things with the gov, having told them that's when they would like to begin.

3 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

I'm saying Hearts (and PT - remember them? Stripy shirts? Kingsley?) were shoved in to a corner with no option but to defend ourselves - as all of your clubs would have done.

Other clubs were not threatened and penalised in the same way, and yet they still acted out of complete self-interest and it seems spite in the case of Championship clubs despite not facing anywhere near the financial losses of Hearts, Pt and Stranraer.

But sure, legal action and arbitration was by far the better outcome than reconstruction....

Don’t pretend for one second that you give a sh*t about Partick Thistle, for you this is all about Hearts. Regardless of everything else going on, you can’t seriously have a go at the other 40 clubs for putting self interest ahead of everything, when Hearts are putting self interest ahead if everything. 

Guest 8GamesToGo

1 hour ago, Tannadeechee said:

No I won't.

Sorry if I didn't answer your question, you've spent weeks and weeks not answering questions. 

Frustrating isn't it?

Not really. You're asking for a complete plan for playing football during a pandemic. (A very Neil Doncaster thing to do - paste buck and all that).

I'm just asking you why 3 playoff games can't be played given contact football has started.

1 minute ago, 8GamesToGo said:

You do know professional sport is more than playing the actual games right? The league starts on August 1st because that's when it always starts and that's when the SPFL asked for it to start. If not, isn't it an amazing coincidence that contact football started just when clubs needed it to prepare for a new season and games could be played exactly when the SOFL wanted. It's almost like they coordinated things with the gov, having told them that's when they would like to begin.

So are you insinuating that the long arm of Neil Doncaster's svengali-like mind control powers aren't just limited to 30-odd SPFL club chairmen but reach right through to the corridors of actual political power? Neil Doncaster is to Nicola Sturgeon as Rasputin was to the Romanovs?

If I was you, I'd stop struggling and get on the right side of this gadgie, pronto, because he's clearly some sort of master of the fucking universe. If he's pulling the strings of Nicola Sturgeon, I don't think you're going to get Lord Clark or a 3-man arbitration tribunal standing up to him.

Guest 8GamesToGo
5 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Don’t pretend for one second that you give a sh*t about Partick Thistle, for you this is all about Hearts. Regardless of everything else going on, you can’t seriously have a go at the other 40 clubs for putting self interest ahead of everything, when Hearts are putting self interest ahead if everything. 

All clubs are self-interested. Why focus on Hearts?

The fact is the other 39 clubs (oh look you forgot about Stranraer who would be in on this if they could afford it but will benefit if we win anyhow) had an opportunity not to pile more harm on fellow clubs during a global pandemic. Some to their credit DID vote for the common good. Most chose instead to put the boot in. So here we are.

The irony is literally the only good thing for Scottish football, including all the clubs, to come out of the last 3 months happened thanks to a Hearts fan.

Edited by 8GamesToGo

Guest 8GamesToGo
1 minute ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Quite simply, the majority did not care for it.

And yet, the Dundee vote that started this whole thing was all perfectly above board?

Guest 8GamesToGo
2 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

So are you insinuating that the long arm of Neil Doncaster's svengali-like mind control powers aren't just limited to 30-odd SPFL club chairmen but reach right through to the corridors of actual political power? Neil Doncaster is to Nicola Sturgeon as Rasputin was to the Romanovs?

If I was you, I'd stop struggling and get on the right side of this gadgie, pronto, because he's clearly some sort of master of the fucking universe. If he's pulling the strings of Nicola Sturgeon, I don't think you're going to get Lord Clark or a 3-man arbitration tribunal standing up to him.

All industries have been talking to all governments around the world about when and how to restart all the time.

2 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

I'm just asking you why 3 playoff games can't be played given contact football has started.

The answer is really easy. The other 40 clubs and the SPFL Board wanted Hearts and Partick Thistle to be relegated, and the best way of doing that was to call the leagues as they stood with a few games to go, I can never remember how many it was. Purely a conspiracy against Hearts and the stripey Partick Thistle.

4 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Why was a temporary (or permanent) 14-10-10-10 not viable?

If the venomous lizard who runs Hearts had actually put forward that idea originally, there may have been enough sympathy for it to pass. I certainly would have accepted it had Clyde voted in favour.

Instead, she launched a reconstruction group that didn't seek out the views of a number of clubs that she needed to back her plans. It was like she was oblivious to the fact there would be a vote. She came up with a 14-14-14 that would have caused considerable financial and competitive harm to three/four clubs whose league positions should not have attracted any such "punishment". She also showed considerable interest in the Colts/bribery idea; a proposal which was never going to pass, as anyone who had any contact with lower league clubs would have known.

The 14-10-10-10 was then considered at a time when it was completely impractical to still be suggesting new reconstruction ideas. At that point, after her flagrant disrespect towards clubs throughout the country, she was rightly told to beat it.

The way Ann Budge has played this game may have impressed her own team's supporters, but she alienated those who she should have been getting on side. She's had a nightmare.

Looks like Rangers have fucked us all.

Breached testing regulations by allowing players to play against Dundee United despite not receiving test results back beforehand.

Chance now that Dundee United will be forced into a 14 day quarantine, and the Rangers "B" side. 

Obviously that would put the opening fixture at risk for United and Rangers.

5 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

All clubs are self-interested. Why focus on Hearts?

The fact is the other 39 clubs (oh look you forgot about Stranraer who would be in on this if they could afford it but will benefit if we win anyhow) had an opportunity not to pile more harm on fellow clubs during a global pandemic. Some to their credit DID vote for the common good. Most chose instead to put the boot in. So here we are.

The irony is literally the only good thing for Scottish football, including all the clubs, to come out of the last 3 months happened thanks to a Hearts fan.

You’re the one criticising the other clubs re their self interest. So why is it ok for Hearts to focus on their self interest, but it’s not ok for other clubs to do exactly that?

Guest 8GamesToGo
5 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

The answer is really easy. The other 40 clubs and the SPFL Board wanted Hearts and Partick Thistle to be relegated, and the best way of doing that was to call the leagues as they stood with a few games to go, I can never remember how many it was. Purely a conspiracy against Hearts and the stripey Partick Thistle.

No-one seems to have an answer to why the playoffs couldn't happen. Lucky old Hamilton. Clubs facing playoffs being on the board who came up with the proposal to cancel them of course is own no way a conflict of interest.

Guest 8GamesToGo
1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

You’re the one criticising the other clubs re their self interest. So why is it ok for Hearts to focus on their self interest, but it’s not ok for other clubs to do exactly that?

If you think relegation with 24 points to play for is the same as maybe having a greater chance of relegation in 2 years time is the same thing then that's up to you.

1 minute ago, 8GamesToGo said:

No-one seems to have an answer to why the playoffs couldn't happen. Lucky old Hamilton. Clubs facing playoffs being on the board who came up with the proposal to cancel them of course is own no way a conflict of interest.

Maybe COVID 19 took over you f”in idiot 

Lest we forget.

Hearts owner Ann Budge: Scotland has too many senior clubs

Budge couldn't give a flying f**k about Scottish football, so why should Scottish football give a f**k about her?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36999758

Guest 8GamesToGo
3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Looks like Rangers have fucked us all.

Breached testing regulations by allowing players to play against Dundee United despite not receiving test results back beforehand.

Chance now that Dundee United will be forced into a 14 day quarantine, and the Rangers "B" side. 

Obviously that would put the opening fixture at risk for United and Rangers.

I admire your optimism but what exactly is it about how the clubs and the SPFL have handled the stopping of last season gave you confidence that this season would start smoothly? Maybe all the leagues should restart in October so the elite Premiership clubs can get their acts together? Seems fair.

Guest 8GamesToGo
2 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Lest we forget.

Budge couldn't give a flying f**k about Scottish football, so why should Scottish football give a f**k about her?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36999758

Lots of people agree with her. You can have smaller clubs playing non league football that can still serve their communities and aim to get up through the pyramid. I'm not sure I agree but I think we do need something to change. 

Or maybe she's since changed her mind. That seems to be allowed.