League Reconstruction 20/21 season

Guest 8GamesToGo

Romanov was fined £100,000 by the SFA for saying Scottish football is about two clubs. They even changed their rules so they could do it.

Edited by 8GamesToGo

Guest 8GamesToGo
Just now, Fife Saint said:
4 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:
Think we worked that out a long time ago.  It's you lot that are slowly catching on. Even the SFA can't bring themselves to punish us.
We have actual cases of COVID to footballers  in a city that is being locked down due to an outbreak, and the games can still be played in that city within the 14 day isolation period and the affected club can still travel beyond the 5 mile limit everyone else is being restricted to because - wow look everyone - football clubs in Scotland are operating in a "sporting bubble". But since joining this forum I've been told the gov doesn't care about football, and football isn't special. The SPFL said their hands were tied. No bubble was possible.
That bubble could very easily have been set up to finish fixtures from say start July and delay the start of the next season until mid Sept as England have done.  In fact had they done that, the current spike would have happened during the pre-season for the next season.
That Doncaster though. So competent.

Let it go mate.

No. This is an important new development. Very clearly football is being treated differently, something that we were told was impossible.

For what it's worth given the shit show that is the SPFL even if they had decided to finish the league it would have been a similar shit show. But at least maybe the next season could have started as less of a shit show though. Anyhow just counting the days until proper football starts again.

No. This is an important new development. Very clearly football is being treated differently, something that we were told was impossible.
For what it's worth given the shit show that is the SPFL even if they had decided to finish the league it would have been a similar shit show. But at least maybe the next season could have started as less of a shit show though. Anyhow just counting the days until proper football starts again.
Just let it go. We're all worried about you.

Guest 8GamesToGo
1 minute ago, Fife Saint said:
1 minute ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Just let it go. We're all worried about you.

Until October the main football-related entertainment for Hearts fans is going to be enjoying being proven right. Vindication you might call it.

Until October the main football-related entertainment for Hearts fans is going to be enjoying being proven right. Vindication you might call it.
That's really good, I think the weather is to.be nice this weekend too.

Guest 8GamesToGo
3 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Enjoy your game against Aberdeen's reserves.

5 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Not quite - the rule was that you had to have two outfield under-21s in the matchdays squad. You did have two under-21s but one them was a goalkeeper.

Yeah, you're right. Chris Smith was sub keeper who was U21 at the time. Charlie Adam was the outfield U21.

The club argued that Simon Lappin should count as he had played for Scotland U21s earlier that season but he had just turned 23 about a fortnight before the tie.

Still, £25k was excessive,

Guest 8GamesToGo
2 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:
Enjoy your game against Aberdeen's reserves.

Thanks mate. What a lovely thing to say.

It will be strange for you to have to actually earn a top 6 place this season instead of voting for it, but I genuinely hope you make it x

4 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:
6 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Yeah. The forecast has them getting 38 degrees in England and up to 30 degrees up here.

Guest 8GamesToGo
Just now, Fife Saint said:
2 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:
It will be strange for you to have to actually earn a top 6 place this season instead of voting for it, but I genuinely hope you make it x

Touching stuff, let us build bridges of hope and brotherly love.

It's what Raith would do.

27 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Think we worked that out a long time ago.  It's you lot that are slowly catching on. Even the SFA can't bring themselves to punish us.

They did punish Hearts. I've been saying all along in this thread for weeks now that this was going to be a slap on the wrist fine, because the rule break was minor, and didn't result in lasting damage - the SPFL got their costs reimbursed for forcing Hearts and Thistle to actually play by the rules.

If you've just read the punishment and leapt for joy because it wasn't the harsh battering you expected, and you decided to return to P&B for a gloat, that's just another tell that you clearly don't have a b*****d clue how Scottish fitba' works. Nothing new there.

We have actual cases of COVID to footballers  in a city that is being locked down due to an outbreak, and the games can still be played in that city within the 14 day isolation period and the affected club can still travel beyond the 5 mile limit everyone else is being restricted to because - wow look everyone - football clubs in Scotland are operating in a "sporting bubble". But since joining this forum I've been told the gov doesn't care about football, and football isn't special. The SPFL said their hands were tied. No bubble was possible.

That bubble could very easily have been set up to finish fixtures from say start July and delay the start of the next season until mid Sept as England have done.  In fact had they done that, the current spike would have happened during the pre-season for the next season.

Because Neil Doncaster happens to have a staff of on-call clairvoyant epidemiologists to tell him where and when the future coronavirus microclusters are going to be and can schedule the leagues accordingly, is that it? Half the time you're scared of his incredible powers of mind control over SPFL club chairmen, the other half you're calling him a donkey because he's not able to operate like a James Bond Supervillain in his volcanic island superfortress. I feel like I'm arguing with a six-year old who thinks that Superman is real, sometimes.

And St Mirren, Hibs and Ross County all had problems last month with coronavirus or coronavirus testing in the preseason - which would have been during the remaining 8-games of the 2019-20 season if it was down to you. Not only are you unable to predict coronavirus-related football issues in the future - as you unreasonably expect Doncaster to be able to do - you're apparently incapable of predicting them in the past. 

And really, who the f**k cares about decisions taken 2 months ago. They're done. They made the best decision they could with the information available at the time, they've been given a clean bill of health by independent arbitrators, and trying to relegislate it now is not only futile and pointless, but super-fucking-boring, you thick, tedious w**k.

Edited by Aim Here

Guest 8GamesToGo
2 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

They did punish Hearts. I've been saying all along in this thread for weeks now that this was going to be a slap on the wrist fine, because the rule break was minor, and didn't result in lasting damage - the SPFL got their costs reimbursed for forcing Hearts and Thistle to actually play by the rules.

If you've just read the punishment and leapt for joy because it wasn't the harsh battering you expected, and you decided to return to P&B for a gloat, that's just another tell that you clearly don't have a b*****d clue how Scottish fitba' works. Nothing new there.

Because Neil Doncaster happens to have a staff of on-call clairvoyant epidemiologists on hand to tell him where and when the future coronavirus microclusters are going to be and can schedule the leagues accordingly, is that it? Half the time you're scared of his incredible powers of mind control over SPFL club chairmen, the other half you're calling him a donkey because he's not able to operate like a James Bond Supervillain in his volcanic island superfortress. I feel like I'm arguing with a six-year old who thinks that Superman is real, sometimes.

And St Mirren, Hibs and Ross County all had problems last month with coronavirus or coronavirus testing in the preseason - which would have been during the remaining 8-games of the 2019-20 season if it was down to you. Not only are you unable to predict coronavirus-related football issues in the future - as you unreasonably expect Doncaster to be able to do - you're apparently incapable of predicting them in the past. 

And really, who the f**k cares about decisions taken 2 months ago. They're done. They made the best decision they could with the information available at the time, they've been given a clean bill of health by independent arbitrators, and trying to relegislate it now is not only futile and pointless, but super-fucking-boring, you thick, tedious w**k.

I'll take that as a win.

I am leaping for joy because as a Hearts fan I know that the SFA are never slow in hammering clubs for a lot less. Romanov's 100 grand for just speaking what we all say about our game and changing the rules to do it, for example. So I expected a massive fine or worse, given in a court of law the SPFL's QC said we could be thrown out of the game. 

So, yes I do see this as "vindication" that we actually did nothing wrong, certainly nothing deserving of the vitriol heaped on Budge and Hearts the last few months.

32 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Nobody in Aberdeen is being restricted to 5 miles for work purposes. 

21 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Yeah, you're right. Chris Smith was sub keeper who was U21 at the time. Charlie Adam was the outfield U21.

The club argued that Simon Lappin should count as he had played for Scotland U21s earlier that season but he had just turned 23 about a fortnight before the tie.

Still, £25k was excessive,

What has St Mirren cheating in, and being correctly punished for said cheating, in a national cup competition got to do with any of this?

Guest 8GamesToGo
12 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Because Neil Doncaster happens to have a staff of on-call clairvoyant epidemiologists on hand to tell him where and when the future coronavirus microclusters are going to be and can schedule the leagues accordingly, is that it? Half the time you're scared of his incredible powers of mind control over SPFL club chairmen, the other half you're calling him a donkey because he's not able to operate like a James Bond Supervillain in his volcanic island superfortress. I feel like I'm arguing with a six-year old who thinks that Superman is real, sometimes.

From the Daily Record: "after late night crisis talks between Holyrood and Hampden’s Joint Response Group" So it IS possible for government and the league to work together specifically on football matters during a pandemic, during a major outbreak no less and late at night of all things (doesn't the government have more important things that football to talk about??) , but according to you that was not possible a month or so ago.

I've never said the league would definitely be finished (although I believe it could have been if the will was there going by evidence elsewhere), I've said they could have made finishing the league the priority and worked with the government for longer to try to make it happen until either it did happen or it was impossible for it to happen.

Edited by 8GamesToGo