Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

21 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

Would like to think I've been totally unbiased with my opinions on last night's game , will continue to be so and i will admit my heart was In my mouth when Nicky went to intercept in the last minute and I thought it was a penalty at the time but when you look at the slow motion in the footage he's clearly got good contact on the ball with his right foot and no penalty. 

Just watched the highlights stick on pen.

I've watched alot of Talbot games over the past couple of seasons, home and away and I can count on one hand the number of stand out performances in either the league or cups but they often just about do enough to pick up the points/get through - alot of very poor 1st half performances followed by much better in the 2nd. Overall the style of football hasn't been great but the one consistent feature has been the reluctance of tucker to make subs earlier in games and sticking to the a very consistent starting line ups barring any injuries. A few areas of the team definatley need new blood including more attacking/creative in midfield and an out and out goal scorer. Aspects of the defence need tightened up and obviously the back up goalkeeper needs sorted. Unless I keep missing it we don't seem to be hearing anything from tucker or the management team after the majority of matches barr the odd sentence or two. I've still got my doubts about the clubs ambition to move up the leagues, the cups seem to often take priority. 

3 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

It definitely was and andy monk done great for it with Connor striking it home well .😀

Pen at the end of the game but not sure the stand side lino was up with play to help the referee. 

Talbot had a makeshift defence and that caused issues. Stafford has been playing full back rather than centre half and Taylor is lightweight for full back. The Beith penalty was soft but I think it was a penalty as Taylor pulled the player back. Talbot should have had a penalty in the last minute. Strain even said to the crowd it was a penalty. The Beith player fouls Taylor and then wins the ball.

The second goal comes from a mix up between Stafford and Leishman. This is probably a result of Stafford not playing central defence frequently. Surprised that Ballantyne and Crawford didn’t get a game as they are both defenders. 

Talbot need a few players. They are lacking in defence, midfield and up front. They lack a bit of quality in these areas.

They play the ball too frantically and the ball is in the air too much. Strange they play the ball in the air when they don’t have a target man. Boylan isn’t a target man and is played wide most of the time. 

Despite all of that I don’t think there was much between Beith and Talbot and a draw would have been a fair result.

Talbot may not be as good as a few seasons ago but they matched Beith. I thought Talbot had a grip of the game in the last 20 mins but couldn’t get an equaliser. Beith had a spell of decent possession and passing just before this.

Darvel have the best squad in terms of quality but they won’t win the league without others taking points off Beith. 

1 hour ago, Cnock88 said:

Hearing on site this morning a certain one of your players out partying before the big game against beith .. tut tut 

A Scottish guy in his twenties having a drink during an Old Firm/ Bank Holiday weekend? Are you sure this actually happened mate?  It seems ridiculously far fetched.

9 hours ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

Clear penalty, Tucker faces massive rebuild, as some players not Talbot class, but would anybody bet against Tucker doing what he does best, building a team. How many times has he came through for us Talbot supporters, give him time, we will be back.

What does it say about the club when they are looking unlikely to win the league in mid-April and it is labelled a crisis. It'll be fine. ITWT

We always look ok from about October to February when it’s usually 1 game a week, but that’s the last two seasons as soon as we are working through a backlog we hit bad form and drop points. Only 2 points  at home in our last 4 league games tells you that. I know we look weak in certain positions but the biggest thing for me is we now lack a goal threat we are rarely scoring more than 1 goal a game.  Big summer ahead to have a better challenge next season.