Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

3 hours ago, andy25 said:

McPhersons wasted at right back .

Best centre half in the League.

He’s not nearly the best centre half in the league. Decent player yes. Best in the league? Not by a long way. 

4 minutes ago, BigBo10 said:

He’s not nearly the best centre half in the league. Decent player yes. Best in the league? Not by a long way. 

Ok in your opinion.

Do you not agree he's wasted at right back?

I don’t know how to answer that to be honest. I think the current centre half partnership with Slooves and Wilson is the strongest but McPherson makes the defence a good solid unit. I couldn’t ever say drop him but other than right back there’s nowhere else I’d play him. 

1 minute ago, BigBo10 said:

I don’t know how to answer that to be honest. I think the current centre half partnership with Slooves and Wilson is the strongest but McPherson makes the defence a good solid unit. I couldn’t ever say drop him but other than right back there’s nowhere else I’d play him. 

Hes 100 times the player Wilson is.

And Slooves was a better player with McPherson beside him.

3 hours ago, andy25 said:

McPhersons wasted at right back .

Best centre half in the League.

I think hes a cracking big player, and to be honest with you thought he was cracking at right back against johnstone burgh they tried a couple of times at start of match to go past him with no luck and never tried again.

9 minutes ago, andy25 said:

Hes 100 times the player Wilson is.

And Slooves was a better player with McPherson beside him.

And that’s your opinion. That’s what makes football fun. Watching the same game and seeing different things. 

15 minutes ago, BigBo10 said:

And that’s your opinion. That’s what makes football fun. Watching the same game and seeing different things. 

Mcpherson been at the centr of all success Talbot have had last 6/7 years… youll struggle to find a more consistent defender in the league… your entitled to your opinion hes not the best in the league but to say he doesnt get get in before slooves and wilson…

10 minutes ago, botlad said:

Mcpherson been at the centr of all success Talbot have had last 6/7 years… youll struggle to find a more consistent defender in the league… your entitled to your opinion hes not the best in the league but to say he doesnt get get in before slooves and wilson…

I said on this thread a while ago that I felt McPherson and McCracken were an excellent partnership, arguably the best in the league, but the whole was greater than the sum of the parts. Slooves is currently the best defender at Talbot and I think him and Wilson is the best partnership. And again, perhaps the whole is greater than the sum of the parts. 

Just now, BigBo10 said:

I said on this thread a while ago that I felt McPherson and McCracken were an excellent partnership, arguably the best in the league, but the whole was greater than the sum of the parts. Slooves is currently the best defender at Talbot and I think him and Wilson is the best partnership. And again, perhaps the whole is greater than the sum of the parts. 

🤔

3 minutes ago, BigBo10 said:

You must watch the fitba at Beechwood wae beer goggles on….

Interesting interview from the manager last night.

Going on about a lack of experience in the team while basically casting Armstrong & Glasgow to the side.

Glasgow stormed off before the game while im sure it won't be long before Armstrongs asking away.

Whilst we rode our luck a few times last night, we looked more solid than we had in the previous couple of games with a few players getting back to fitness etc. Would have happily taken a point beforehand and was pleased with how we battled for it at the end. 

Unbeaten in last 4 visits to Beechwood - there won't be many teams will be able to say that over the years. 

20 hours ago, andy25 said:

Interesting interview from the manager last night.

Going on about a lack of experience in the team while basically casting Armstrong & Glasgow to the side.

Glasgow stormed off before the game while im sure it won't be long before Armstrongs asking away.

Well predicted Andy. Armstrong has been placed on the transfer list at his own request.