Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

11 minutes ago, LowerLeagueFC said:

Talbot will be chuffed another season being the big fish in the small pond and winning another oh so valuable Junior Cup

And your team is .

25 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

Not buying the vulnerable opponent nonsense. You only see it that way to make yourself feel better. Talbot are there to be shot at because of the entitled element of your support going into meltdown. Talbot have still had a great season, Darvel's huge and expensively assembled squad getting them over the line in the end. 

Whilst there's always been much to admire in what Talbot do, the same cannot be said about Darvel. Still to tackle the playoffs, wonder how they will do? 

When I watched them in the senior Scottish they didn't look any great shakes against upgraded opposition. The lad Kirky is by far a cut above the league he's in and must be on serious doh to stay at Darvel. Players like Miller seem to be living off a reputation as he's nothing special.

43 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

Not buying the vulnerable opponent nonsense. You only see it that way to make yourself feel better. Talbot are there to be shot at because of the entitled element of your support going into meltdown. Talbot have still had a great season, Darvel's huge and expensively assembled squad getting them over the line in the end. 

Whilst there's always been much to admire in what Talbot do, the same cannot be said about Darvel. Still to tackle the playoffs, wonder how they will do? 

In current form they'll smash it... hopefully.

On 01/05/2022 at 22:53, glensmad said:
On 01/05/2022 at 22:46, Talbot supporter said:
Maybe they could have a non league Scottish cup in the future for all the clubs

There are a number of options being discussed for such a competition.

Will never happen, the HL would not take part.

Recruitment is everything in football. Listen to Kennedys interviews all he bangs on about is recruitment why there squad is so strong.  talbot has needed players for a couple of seasons and it’s caught up with Talbot. 

28 minutes ago, Botlad67 said:

Recruitment is everything in football. Listen to Kennedys interviews all he bangs on about is recruitment why there squad is so strong.  talbot has needed players for a couple of seasons and it’s caught up with Talbot. 

Not true. Recruitment is only important if you need to add quality to compete. Their squad is so strong because they have enticed top players with big wages regardless of whether they play or not. The Talbot philosophy is very different from this as you as a supporter should know. 

Whatever you think of the Talbot squad, they have enough quality to beat KRR at home. Admittedly this sounds disrespectful but it's reality. Recruitment is not the issue, fatigue is.

Not true. Recruitment is only important if you need to add quality to compete. Their squad is so strong because they have enticed top players with big wages regardless of whether they play or not. The Talbot philosophy is very different from this as you as a supporter should know. 
Whatever you think of the Talbot squad, they have enough quality to beat KRR at home. Admittedly this sounds disrespectful but it's reality. Recruitment is not the issue, fatigue is.
Fatigue yes but then the squad depth helps with that

Just now, Talbot supporter said:
2 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Fatigue yes but then the squad depth helps with that

Correct. With an attitude to spend whatever it takes to give you that size of squad that's what you'll get.

43 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:

It's down to the squad depth imo, when you see the 2 games against Darvel there was not much between the 2 sides, but over the course of the season especially the last month Darvels squad depth got them over the line.

Exactly recruitment again, trying to tell me you need to go out and spend big money to recruit . A big summer ahead . 

Some Talbot fans have been called trolls for being critical, I don’t think they are, I think they are loyal fans who pay their money and are entitled to their opinion. My only observation is their is a far larger presence on threads after a defeat than a good victory and this tells me one thing.  We have been spoiled repeatedly after consistently successful seasons, there is lots of supporters who expect to win every game, every trophy playing good football but in reality it doesn’t work like that. I spoke to some Talbot fans at the beginning of March who predicted there was no way we had the depth of squad to win the league, they rightly base that on evidence of previous campaigns when the 3/4 games a week start we drop points. Think there is a few things at play here Talbot usually run a squad of about 18, that’s the budget obviously, when we are in the winter and 1 game a week we are fairly settled on the park but usually means some players are not getting game time which tells at this stage of the season. If the manager rotates early on and we drop points the team selection would be criticised as perceived better players are not playing to keep everyone match fit.  Fair credit to Darvel they have been free scoring at the business end and look as if they will get over the line to the play offs.  I think some other things need to be put into perspective a 20 team league of 38 games after the team took a year out was a big ask to play at the top of their game at all times, I think we have seen that playing out in some games. You have clubs now struggling to put a team on the park, using youths and even trialists at this stage of the season which for me shows the 20 team league on top of cups was a big ask and we need to cut the club some slack over that and pull together to try and get some silverware which I think is still a good return for the first season back after a year out.  

23 minutes ago, southerner said:

Some Talbot fans have been called trolls for being critical, I don’t think they are, I think they are loyal fans who pay their money and are entitled to their opinion. My only observation is their is a far larger presence on threads after a defeat than a good victory and this tells me one thing.  We have been spoiled repeatedly after consistently successful seasons, there is lots of supporters who expect to win every game, every trophy playing good football but in reality it doesn’t work like that. I spoke to some Talbot fans at the beginning of March who predicted there was no way we had the depth of squad to win the league, they rightly base that on evidence of previous campaigns when the 3/4 games a week start we drop points. Think there is a few things at play here Talbot usually run a squad of about 18, that’s the budget obviously, when we are in the winter and 1 game a week we are fairly settled on the park but usually means some players are not getting game time which tells at this stage of the season. If the manager rotates early on and we drop points the team selection would be criticised as perceived better players are not playing to keep everyone match fit.  Fair credit to Darvel they have been free scoring at the business end and look as if they will get over the line to the play offs.  I think some other things need to be put into perspective a 20 team league of 38 games after the team took a year out was a big ask to play at the top of their game at all times, I think we have seen that playing out in some games. You have clubs now struggling to put a team on the park, using youths and even trialists at this stage of the season which for me shows the 20 team league on top of cups was a big ask and we need to cut the club some slack over that and pull together to try and get some silverware which I think is still a good return for the first season back after a year out.  

Surely that gives you the season we are out and this season to recruit players ? Talbot are miles short. wonder what is getting worked on at training . 

Think recruitment has been spot on for well over a decade and any training I’ve been to seems the part. Some exciting young players and quality older ones. We could have splashed out to keep a big squad happy sure but could have still came second.

Plenty still to celebrate, we got our club license and more improvements on the way ground wise. Big Scottish to look forward to. New kit deal with Kappa as official kit partners with our own designed kit which will be out in time for the start of season. Never mind the televised cup final and challenge cup final that could see the cabinets restocked.

As a fan I think waiting on playing in the lowland another year isn’t the worst outcome. Hopefully things can open up a bit more promotion wise and larger clubs can take places in it. Would have be nice to win it this season but I won’t pretend to be distraught about it in all honesty. It’s football these things happen.