Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

Having last won the ‘West of Scotland Premier League’ title in 2019-20, is the slow demise of Auchinleck Talbot finally coming to a head? 

No League title in last two years (about to be 3-years) and teams like Beith, Darvel, Clydebank etc getting stronger. Is it likely Auchinleck can challenge for the league next season with the current set up of officials, or should a new coaching staff be brought in to try and stop the demise? 

Went along tonight. Agree with Hertha that it was a game of 2 halves. Thought Beith were very good in the first with the first 15 mins of the 2nd being scrappy before Talbot got a hold of the game and got their goal back. Fully expected them to kick on but this is not a vintage Talbot team and they didn’t look like levelling until the last 5 mins when Beith sat in and even then no real clear cut chances. 

I said to my mate who went with me that if you think back to the Talbot teams of a few years back with Spence, White & Butch in midfield controlling and bullying the opposition this Talbot team is nowhere near that level as there passing and ball retention was shocking at times. Interesting to see tucker make changes late and that indicated to me that he has no trust in his bench. 

Honest question to Talbot fans, is it time to change manager or is he allowed another go at rebuilding as he certainly doesn’t seemed to have to recruited well going on this seasons results. 

Took in tonight's game as a neutral and 1st half Beith were at it from the off with Monti being a different gravy. 2nd half Talbot turned it on without really having a cutting edge, very 1 dimensional & predictable.

Say what you like about Strain but he is a very very good manager and has that side well drilled with every player understanding their role in the team. They maybe lack depth with a young bench but fair play to him. The big CH was on a different level at the back and strolled it.

Disappointing to hear Talbot fans and officials abuse towards the ref at FT. Can't they just accept defeat without abusing officials and the guy roaring up the tunnel as Beith celebrated "use haven't even got a license" took the bait hook line and sinker as they cranked the tunes up in the away dressing room.

Big overhaul required at Beechwood I presume with Tucker looking subdued on the touchline throughout the 90. Your GK hasn't half piled on the timber, must be they cracking burgers from the pie hut!

Thought a draw would have been a fairer reflection of the game , didn't think that was a penalty for Beith . We were unlucky no to get an equaliser at the end & could have been a penalty?. Dont think there was much in quality between the 2 teams , poor 2nd goal to lose though , well done Beith who managed to stick it out till the end, league well an truly over now.

1 minute ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Went along tonight. Agree with Hertha that it was a game of 2 halves. Thought Beith were very good in the first with the first 15 mins of the 2nd being scrappy before Talbot got a hold of the game and got their goal back. Fully expected them to kick on but this is not a vintage Talbot team and they didn’t look like levelling until the last 5 mins when Beith sat in and even then no real clear cut chances. 

I said to my mate who went with me that if you think back to the Talbot teams of a few years back with Spence, White & Butch in midfield controlling and bullying the opposition this Talbot team is nowhere near that level as there passing and ball retention was shocking at times. Interesting to see tucker make changes late and that indicated to me that he has no trust in his bench. 

Honest question to Talbot fans, is it time to change manager or is he allowed another go at rebuilding as he certainly doesn’t seemed to have to recruited well going on this seasons results. 

Talbot have had a couple of relatively poor seasons under Tucker in the past but he has a great record of getting it right eventually. it would be madness to even consider letting him go.

21 minutes ago, andy25 said:

Talbot need about 8 quality starters and not jersey fillers. 

Imo over the years Tucker  has only had to bring 1 or 2 in every season and they always seemed to blend in well but that team does need an overhaul and I’m no so sure Tucker is the guy to bring that amount in to build a new Talbot  but I don’t watch them week in week out and obviously his trophy haul Over the years gives him credit in the bank , what is the census of opinion up there ?

ps u said big Neil was best central defender in the league , he’s a great defender and good at what he does but he’s no in same class as those 2 playing with beith tonight 

9 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

It's time for a change of manager.

You can't take away what he's done but his time is up in my opinion. 

Every manager has a shelf life and he's reached the end of his.

4 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Imo over the years Tucker  has only had to bring 1 or 2 in every season and they always seemed to blend in well but that team does need an overhaul and I’m no so sure Tucker is the guy to bring that amount in to build a new Talbot  but I don’t watch them week in week out and obviously his trophy haul Over the years gives him credit in the bank , what is the census of opinion up there ?

ps u said big Neil was best central defender in the league , he’s a great defender and good at what he does but he’s no in same class as those 2 playing with beith tonight 

I’m unsure what Neily didnt do tonight that they did? He couldn’t of done anything for either goals and him n Stafford gave the league’s highest scorer to nothing. Talbot need changes but they still have the two best centre halfs in the league. 

8 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Scott Rough, the Beith CH, was a standout tonight and far superior to Neil. 

6 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

McPherson was his usual self tonight. 

Didn't give Fowler or Monk a sniff.

I don't know what you've got against him to be honest. 

1 minute ago, AM-1 said:

Scott Rough, the Beith CH, was a standout tonight and far superior to Neil. 

How many times a season do you see McPherson?

He's a solid 7 or 8 every game.

3 minutes ago, andy25 said:

McPherson was his usual self tonight. 

Didn't give Fowler or Monk a sniff.

I don't know what you've got against him to be honest. 

Didn’t give monk a sniff? That’s why he won the penalty and scored the second, and in the first half caused Talbot all kinds of problems.  

Edited by beithboy

Just now, beithboy said:

Didn’t give monk a sniff? That’s why he won the penalty and scored the second, and in the firs half caused Talbot al kinds of problems.  

The goals were nothing to do with McPherson .

Taylor for first and Stafford and Leishman for second.

2 minutes ago, beithboy said:

Didn’t give monk a sniff? That’s why he won the penalty and scored the second, and in the first half caused Talbot all kinds of problems.  

Monk was good tonight if that was the boy who played against Taylor all night. 

6 minutes ago, andy25 said:

How many times a season do you see McPherson?

He's a solid 7 or 8 every game.

I didnt say he wasn't but Rough is a better defender. Unsure where Strain picked him up from but he looks so calm and assured for a young lad.

1 minute ago, AM-1 said:

I didnt say he wasn't but Rough is a better defender. Unsure where Strain picked him up from but he looks so calm and assured for a young lad.

Signed from Murkirk just before Christmas played against Talbot for Murkirk in one of the cups earlier in the season he has been superb since he came in.