Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

I want my club to play at the highest possible level now we are supposedly in a fair pyramid!! What I don’t want though is the club to put themself in financial difficulty by keeping up with some crazy wages being handed out!!

25 minutes ago, southerner said:

I want my club to play at the highest possible level now we are supposedly in a fair pyramid!! What I don’t want though is the club to put themself in financial difficulty by keeping up with some crazy wages being handed out!!

Doubt Beith were paying crazy wages and they won the league by a country mile.

Excellent achievement at Beith last season.  Difference with Talbot is that we are in a bit of transition and players will be offered big money from other clubs if they hear Talbot are interested. Interesting few months ahead.

18 minutes ago, TalbotArmy said:

We need more sponsors.make club more modern.not losing players.need new committee.experienced.like kiltie from Kilmarnock.

Committees will always be looking for new members, however the Talbot committee have been outstanding for over 40 years and deserve as much credit as the players and management teams keeping us at the top of this level for all this time. 

18 minutes ago, southerner said:

Excellent achievement at Beith last season.  Difference with Talbot is that we are in a bit of transition and players will be offered big money from other clubs if they hear Talbot are interested. Interesting few months ahead.

Tucker is a very simple guy - when I say simple I don't mean that at all derogatory in the slightest  , I just mean his football philosophy's are very simple in that he asks players he wants to sign  how much they want to win trophies as opposed to mad money and it's either an aye or a naw and if it's  the latter then he just moves on. 

I don't even believe he's huge on tactics either and it's a case of win the battle then just outscore your opponents,  he's without a shadow of a doubt the best manager our level has ever saw and Talbot fans have been very fortunate to have had him for so long.. 

5 hours ago, TalbotArmy said:

We need more sponsors.make club more modern.not losing players.need new committee.experienced.like kiltie from Kilmarnock.

We badly need an online shop. We have a lot a fan's not living in Scotland now & that would help them get the new merchandise ect. Doing that would help the club to make a few sheckles. Win Win

12 hours ago, PossilYM said:

Doubt Beith were paying crazy wages and they won the league by a country mile.

They're not paying darvel/Johnston crazy but there paying.... offered 1 of ours 2 double his money recently 

57 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

Complete waste of time and money doing that in a pyramid without a SFA licence

Licence this, work towards that, the SFA should be cutting Beith a bit of slack, ok maybe they've been slow to act, however the pictures been as clear as mud. For the sake of sporting integrity, Beith winning the West league, should be enough for them to continue the pyramid process, let them take their place in play offs, they've more than earned it, playing at a ground that's held football for decades. FFS there hardly going to reach the premier league before there licence to kill, comes through.

1 hour ago, PossilYM said:

Complete waste of time and money doing that in a pyramid without a SFA licence

Total agree but people have money 2 burn or get rid of.... teams no paying tax r only adding 2 inflated wages

10 minutes ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

Licence this, work towards that, the SFA should be cutting Beith a bit of slack, ok maybe they've been slow to act, however the pictures been as clear as mud. For the sake of sporting integrity, Beith winning the West league, should be enough for them to continue the pyramid process, let them take their place in play offs, they've more than earned it, playing at a ground that's held football for decades. FFS there hardly going to reach the premier league before there licence to kill, comes through.

Did you just use the term "sporting integrity"  and "SFA" in the same sentence.

😀

11 minutes ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

100%...Beith should b aloud the opportunity... Good enough facilities 2 play in league but not good enough 2 get opportunity 2 go up.... shambles 

3 hours ago, specialboy said:

100%...Beith should b aloud the opportunity... Good enough facilities 2 play in league but not good enough 2 get opportunity 2 go up.... shambles 

The biggest irony for me is that we are deemed not good enough due to lacking a licence to have a two legged go at linlithgow with the prospect of progressing up through the pyramid yet  it's a case of hey lads come and join our senior Scottish cup party next season.........

Edited by Thejackdaw

6 hours ago, Thejackdaw said:

The biggest irony for me is that we are deemed not good enough due to lacking a licence to have a two legged go at linlithgow with the prospect of progressing up through the pyramid yet  it's a case of hey lads come and join our senior Scottish cup party next season.........

There should be a time limit on teams playing in the premier league without a license.