Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

4 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Dont get me wrong if i ever won the lottery the second team id buy would be my own team (after i bought airdrie changed their name and fielded a team wearing clown make up for a season to enjoy) and id bank roll the shit out of my team. But yes in the real world its mental money for part time football. Guys getting £600 a week part time are essentially on £31k a year plus whatever bonus and signing on they get, I know some clubs were offering £5k and 2/3k at xmas. Its no wonder people take that money because if its topping up a full time wage then these guys can be mortgage free before the end of their Football career, that kind of financial stability is a no brainer. 

Your lottery scenario brings to mind the Cumnock fan who had a win on the lottery and bought them a player. He said if he won another tenner he would buy them another one 

1 minute ago, TalbotArmy said:

Yes im told so all friends.him g and the camera man going to the vale.gall making smarts moves on lost confidence.leishman leaving a big statement.will be some agm this year.

Leishmans and Wilsons best days are behind them.

Shanklands carrying too much weight and missed a large chunk of last season. 

5 minutes ago, TalbotArmy said:

Yes im told so all friends.him g and the camera man going to the vale.gall making smarts moves on lost confidence.leishman leaving a big statement.will be some agm this year.

Are you going to the AGM?

Kudos to my non existent agent sorting all these moves for me 😂😂 been a while since I’ve used a tea break for a p&b rumour so that much is appreciated. Not heard from anyone at Darvel and guessing that would need some discussion.

I am human though so if you could spare me the rumour mill until somethings at least legit it would save you looking a bit silly, regarding me anyway.

Cheers. 

3 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

Kudos to my non existent agent sorting all these moves for me 😂😂 been a while since I’ve used a tea break for a p&b rumour so that much is appreciated. Not heard from anyone at Darvel and guessing that would need some discussion.

I am human though so if you could spare me the rumour mill until somethings at least legit it would save you looking a bit silly, regarding me anyway.

Cheers. 

You'd be lying if you said you don't enjoy the mentions though, right?

24 minutes ago, TalbotArmy said:

Have you not rattled enough cages pal? 

ITWT

Just now, jimbaxters said:

You'd be lying if you said you don't enjoy the mentions though, right?

It’s a free country but didn’t appreciate the Talbot one for example, also not good to say with some certainty, like yer in the know, I’m joining whoever. Got something to prove now yes so happy to get back involved but given my recent experience it would have to be the right thing to get involved with. 

Not enough fitba being played to keep everyone’s mind occupied. I think our management team deserve a bit of respect here, coming up for 20 years in the post, that’s 20 years at the top of this level of football and probably had to build 4 or 5 teams, players who break into the Talbot team young play around 60 games a season where every opposition treat it like a cup final playing Talbot, that’s what comes with being at the top and it takes its toll on you!! Most players who reach testimonials with us probably only get a season after that, Latta,Spence, Young, Whitey are examples.  Tuckers experience means he knows when to move players on he is proven at it.  The big blow for me is losing Stafford and Taylor who a young with loads of potential.  The question now is if the replacements are ready now and like for like which will be difficult to find or potential to be brought on by the experienced players such as McCracken, McPherson, Armstrong and Wardrope.  I think we all need to wait and hear from the club and see who we bring in within our sustainable budget to ensure the club is financially managed as best as we can be. 

3 hours ago, beaver watch said:

Your lottery scenario brings to mind the Cumnock fan who had a win on the lottery and bought them a player. He said if he won another tenner he would buy them another one 

I it was a bit of a bummer for Cumnock when he won the lottery He was a massive rugby fan with very little interest in football He flitted to Ireland within a couple of years after winning it if my memory serves me right  He was my uncles next door neighbour

5 hours ago, Thejackdaw said:

I think where the sensible clubs like beith /Talbot/Clydebank/meadow/largs etc can restore a certain degree of parity with the darvels/ Johnstone burghs/st cadocs /Pollock's is in dealing with guys who have a good first job/ good career/ academic guys , these players could live comfortable enough without the mad shot Money being offered to kick a Baw at our level and could maybe resist it .

Conversely though a player who's first job Is maybe on a zero hour contract/ minimum wage / a lesser guy academically then they really could  be jumping at the crazy signing on fees and wages that are on offer , there's never been a better time financially for players to play at our level and it's obscene,  however the bubble will burst like it has done before and always will do as it's simply not sustainable.  

Mate I wish Pollok could pay what the Darvels and Johnstones do. Yer man Monti will be on more than the highest earner in the Southside.

7 hours ago, Pollok mad said:

Putting the team with some of the highest attendances in the grade in with Darvel, Johnstone Burgh and St Cadoc's is a level of bitterness that I can only respect

So much of what is said is complete hearsay filled in with guesswork when it comes to financials.Unlike the sugar daddy clubs where big money people have arrived at the club (which one can quite easily say would have included Irvine Meadow and Largs in the past)we have always been self sustaining and worked carefully within the financial structure set at the club.There have been many instances where players have been offered bigger money at other clubs in the division and I am not just talking about Darvel but various sides in our league.

4 hours ago, PollokGang said:

Mate I wish Pollok could pay what the Darvels and Johnstones do. Yer man Monti will be on more than the highest earner in the Southside.

You’re having a laugh now, Apart from Darvel, Pollok will be the next highest payers in the league.  This continuing story that Pollok don’t pay well is a piece of nonsense.  

1 hour ago, beithboy said:

You’re having a laugh now, Apart from Darvel, Pollok will be the next highest payers in the league.  This continuing story that Pollok don’t pay well is a piece of nonsense.  

Pollok report the bill to club members each season. The club pays well for the level - fat more than I think is appropriate but that is football and you have to try and remain and compete. Rumours abound, what a few friends and former players have been offered elsewhere. If Pollok truly are second - a lot of squads in Ayrshire and West Dumbartonshire must have a few lads playing for free. 

9 hours ago, PollokGang said:

Pollok report the bill to club members each season. The club pays well for the level - fat more than I think is appropriate but that is football and you have to try and remain and compete. Rumours abound, what a few friends and former players have been offered elsewhere. If Pollok truly are second - a lot of squads in Ayrshire and West Dumbartonshire must have a few lads playing for free. 

Most if not all clubs will report their wage bill to members at their AGM, but it is not hard to hide wages. There have been several clubs over the years whose players were paid through a business and not the club. I am not saying Pollok are doing that all I am pointing out is that the wage budget on a spreadsheet is not always an accurate picture of what a club is paying.